Accommodation nearby on tuesday

Jsmooth

4 minutes ago, Charm said:

So sorry to disappoint you but I think the celebration is sunrise on Wednesday morning. 
Charm x

Oh bum, never thought of that :(

Oh well, I'll just have to drink more rum on Wednesday night to make up for it!

Does mean that for those queuing overnight on Tuesday the Wednesday morning combination of sunrise and entry to Glastonbury will be amazing :)

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Oh bum, never thought of that :(

Oh well, I'll just have to drink more rum on Wednesday night to make up for it!

Does mean that for those queuing overnight on Tuesday the Wednesday morning combination of sunrise and entry to Glastonbury will be amazing :)

good point standing in the queue just got a little exciting, not that standing in any queue can ever be classed as exciting. I will be tucked up in my hotel bed. with the mother of all hangovers building up

• 3 months later...

If anyone is still looking for nearby accommodation on the Tuesday night, I've just had to cancel one of our double rooms for the Cross Keys Inn, which is less than 5 miles down the A37 from the east car parks, serves great food, and has excellent local cider and scrumpy on tap https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/cross-keys-inn-somerton.en-gb.html

The couple that were meant to have the room are now expecting their first baby, due in July, so have decided to give the festival a miss this year!

On 10/20/2016 at 4:47 PM, Jsmooth said:

So did we go from the wrong carpark then, ah well cheers for all the help would upvote everything but i'm only allowed three.

You really need to make sure you follow the correct route and get the car parks nearest to where you intend to camp! For example, gate C to Pennards is fecking awful, whereas Gate D to Pennards is manageable! 

You just need to study the map a bit, you'll be fine :) 

• 2 months later...

Booked in at the Travelodge at Podimore Yeovil services junction of A303/A37 on the Tuesday night. Managed to get a triple room for £81 a couple of weeks ago.

Only travelling from Oxford, but can't be fucked getting up at 3am anymore so will drive down tues afternoon and at least it gets me a couple of extra hours in bed! 

Edited by gooner1990