Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiscothequeDave

Isle of Wight Festival 2017

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ShumbaSharky said:

TDCC + Chemical Brothers

Royal Blood / Artic Monkeys (or Oasis Reunion???)

James / Guns & Roses

If John can afford this after last year ...

Wonder how much Queen cost? And The Who? I doubt his pairing of Stereophonics and Faithless set him much back - but if he was perhaps saving for GNR...
 

I'd be surprised at TDCC. Gameshow bombed spectacularly this week, with less than 8,000 sales. I think BFMV's Venom posted similar sales last year.

Could see Disclosure getting the spot, even after that R+L set. and I think the rumour I heard about James being part of that co-headline still carries some weight - Girl at the End of the World sold fairly well if they want someone of that ilk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take That on Sunday, o2 fri, sat, IOW sunday.

playing 3 night in a row in brum so not entirely out of the question.

they may not be popular on efests, but they would shift tickets in a big way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2016 at 2:57 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Wonder how much Queen cost? And The Who? I doubt his pairing of Stereophonics and Faithless set him much back - but if he was perhaps saving for GNR...
 

I'd be surprised at TDCC. Gameshow bombed spectacularly this week, with less than 8,000 sales. I think BFMV's Venom posted similar sales last year.

Could see Disclosure getting the spot, even after that R+L set. and I think the rumour I heard about James being part of that co-headline still carries some weight - Girl at the End of the World sold fairly well if they want someone of that ilk.

Disclosure's tour is done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Disclosure's tour is done

No Disclosure then.

10 hours ago, Smeble said:

Take That on Sunday, o2 fri, sat, IOW sunday.

playing 3 night in a row in brum so not entirely out of the question.

they may not be popular on efests, but they would shift tickets in a big way.

Reasonable guess, wouldn't rule them out - and them being there would rule out Glastonbury too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just leave this here...

Quote

Collins has refused to rule out a Genesis reunion down the line, something Giddings, who promotes Isle Of Wight Festival, would be only too happy to see materialise.

“I’m there with the chequebook,” he laughed. “I know that [founder members] Mike [Rutherford] and Tony [Banks] would like to do it.

“The world wants Genesis, they want Pink Floyd, they want Led Zeppelin, and if there’s half a chance of it then I think it would be fantastic - never say never.”

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sisco said:

Giddings has so far ruled out both Take That and Phil Collins

I defo think Glasto has got a chance for Collins, if for eg Gaga and Sheeran were top two Saturday then I can see something older Phil Collins being 3rd down Pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craigb said:

I'll just leave this here...

:lol:

You never know!

I was in the room when Peter Gabriel was asked a decade or so ago - when they last reformed - about him being involved in a Genesis reunion in the future, and he didn't rule it out. In essence he expressed an interest in doing it ... tho at the same time it was caveated by the other demands on his time including his solo career. "If the timing worked", etc.

For that to come about would probably take a lot of work of someone to make it happen in much the way Giddings is well-placed to make another (non-Gabriel) Genesis happen. Perhaps he's well-placed to get Gabriel involved too.

All these geezers are getting old, so if there's some cashing-in to be done it needs doing soonish.

I'd prefer that someone spent their time in talking Talking Heads back together instead. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You never know!

I was in the room when Peter Gabriel was asked a decade or so ago - when they last reformed - about him being involved in a Genesis reunion in the future, and he didn't rule it out. In essence he expressed an interest in doing it ... tho at the same time it was caveated by the other demands on his time including his solo career. "If the timing worked", etc.

For that to come about would probably take a lot of work of someone to make it happen in much the way Giddings is well-placed to make another (non-Gabriel) Genesis happen. Perhaps he's well-placed to get Gabriel involved too.

All these geezers are getting old, so if there's some cashing-in to be done it needs doing soonish.

I'd prefer that someone spent their time in talking Talking Heads back together instead. :)

Amen to Talking Heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, markqpr2000 said:

Radiohead just been confirmed as headlining Rock Wertcher. So they doing festivals. 

Has your internet been down over the past couple weeks?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, markqpr2000 said:

Radiohead just been confirmed as headlining Rock Wertcher. So they doing festivals. 

There's this festival in Somerset, can't remember the name of it but i've heard some hearsay they might be playing that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

There's this festival in Somerset, can't remember the name of it but i've heard some hearsay they might be playing that.

Farmfest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

There's this festival in Somerset, can't remember the name of it but i've heard some hearsay they might be playing that.

no that's not it, Outcider maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Arcade Fire first headliner!

Wow that'll get the tickets selling, not!

it would also seem that the camper vans are paying for the site fees, put the prices up £45 to £195, utter rip off, latitude is £60, Glastonbury £100. 

How the hell can they justify that, especially as they didn't sell out last year.

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Wow that'll get the tickets selling, not!

it would also seem that the camper vans are paying for the site fees, put the prices up £45 to £195, utter rip off, latitude is £60, Glastonbury £100. 

How the hell can they justify that, especially as they didn't sell out last year.

 

AF is a great booking. Fair play to them for going a bit 'out there' (for the IOW) on the first headliner. certainly more inspiring the the Stereophonics and Faithless. UK exclusive as well so people will go out of their way to see them.

 

Edit. Those camper van fees are shocking!

Edited by DiscothequeDave
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

AF is a great booking. Fair play to them for going a bit 'out there' (for the IOW) on the first headliner. certainly more inspiring the the Stereophonics and Faithless. UK exclusive as well so people will go out of their way to see them.

 

Arcade Fire are a great booking but between Glastonbury and IOW they don't really have (m)any appropriate UK festivals to play these days so i guess it makes total sense that they'd be booked. not gonna be a big ticket seller (i assume/hope for their sake that they have a biggie lined up for one of the other days) but imo it's a better booking than any of last years stale headliners

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the crowd that goes to IoW and the reaction on facebook i think Arcade Fire will sell even less tickets than Stereophonics did.

Most people on the facebook announcement have never heard of Arcade Fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

With the crowd that goes to IoW and the reaction on facebook i think Arcade Fire will sell even less tickets than Stereophonics did.

Most people on the facebook announcement have never heard of Arcade Fire.

the type of people who post to Facebook to voice their opinions on this kind of stuff are usually morons anyway so this doesn't surprise me, although i do fear they may pull a bit of a weak crowd there regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

With the crowd that goes to IoW and the reaction on facebook i think Arcade Fire will sell even less tickets than Stereophonics did.

Most people on the facebook announcement have never heard of Arcade Fire.

Says more about the people who go to the IOW fest tbh. Where the fuck have they been for the last 10 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My comment about AF was more about IOW not being the crowd for AF rather than a comment on AF being any good or not.

and I was completely wrong about the cv tickets being £195, they are actually £210 including fees, well at least we now know how they resolved the issue about paying the site rental

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First timer here and thinking Arcade Fire isn't that bad to start with. I remember them being pretty good at Reading. Looking forward to whatever else is on the way!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×