Isle of Wight Festival 2017

DDave

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, sisco said:

1 will have to be 3rd down due to the co-headers so I doubt any you mention will be used on the Friday.  

Something like:

David Guetta, Run DMC, Clean Bandit

Arcade Fire, Bastille, George Ezra

Rod Stewart, CATBM, Kaisers

Wonderful hey.....

That Sunday doesn't make sense. Strangely I can see KC on Saturday. I'd take Catfish, Clean Bandit maybe and Texas from the lineup and that's all.

28 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

IOW getting all their big guns out before the Victorious announcement this week I see. Only one im gutted is Arcade Fire the rest of it IOW have done a fantastic job keeping all that shite away from Victorious! 

TBF if Elbow are headlining it they haven't kept them away and as much as I agree about Stereophonics having a wide appeal, it's just a no thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, rawaudioinput said:

It seems people have been receptive to the last announcement, seeing a lot more positive feedback on social media and a lot more people saying that they are buying tickets

The additions of Catfish and Kaisers have gone down very very well

Catfish in particular will get massive, they'll top R&L within the next few years.

17 minutes ago, Circus-Freak said:

I personally think iow has the best line up out of all the mainstream festivals.

If by 'best line up' you mean 'two co-headliners who won't sell any tickets, one headliner for grannies, one headliner for 6 Music listeners who the target audience for 99% of the bill won't have even heard of, an undercard filled with almost nothing but acts who are playing everywhere else this summer, Scouting For Girls and Razorlight', then yeah, it's the best line up in the history of line ups.

Wtf you talking about Zac? 

I wrote for me, as in it's my taste.

Everyone thinks they are some kind of genius festival line up conossieur on here. Choose the festival you want to go to, for whatever reason. It doesn't make someone else wrong for having a different taste. Music is subjective!

If you don't like it, don't go, and move on ;)

1 minute ago, Circus-Freak said:

Everyone thinks they are some kind of genius festival line up conossieur on here. Choose the festival you want to go to, for whatever reason. It doesn't make someone else wrong for having a different taste. Music is subjective!

Okay. 

I just hope you've booked refundable transport.

8 minutes ago, Circus-Freak said:

Your continued Bestival bashing doesn't suggest you believe any of that shit, or that the line up matters over the location.

John? Is that you?

To be fair to IOW the undercard does have a little more meat to it than last year, however with that meat being The Kooks I think I'd rather be a vegetarian

This is probably the best major festival for the Radio X crowd, Glastonbury aside, though many have probably already got their tickets for Kendal Calling/Truck

Ive been to iow for the last 3 years and I'm sure many people  have gone for a lot more. I just dont see how you can still justify going with this line up? Why not treat yourself to a kendal and truck ticket? Funnily enough you can see some bigger acts and not have to get a ferry

42 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

John? Is that you?

To be fair to IOW the undercard does have a little more meat to it than last year, however with that meat being The Kooks I think I'd rather be a vegetarian

This is probably the best major festival for the Radio X crowd, Glastonbury aside, though many have probably already got their tickets for Kendal Calling/Truck

I didnt actually see your reply before I posted, great minds ay