Isle of Wight Festival 2017

DDave

15 hours ago, ShumbaSharky said:

TDCC + Chemical Brothers

Royal Blood / Artic Monkeys (or Oasis Reunion???)

James / Guns & Roses

If John can afford this after last year ...

Wonder how much Queen cost? And The Who? I doubt his pairing of Stereophonics and Faithless set him much back - but if he was perhaps saving for GNR...

I'd be surprised at TDCC. Gameshow bombed spectacularly this week, with less than 8,000 sales. I think BFMV's Venom posted similar sales last year.

Could see Disclosure getting the spot, even after that R+L set. and I think the rumour I heard about James being part of that co-headline still carries some weight - Girl at the End of the World sold fairly well if they want someone of that ilk.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/10/2016 at 2:57 PM, DownboundTrain52 said:

Wonder how much Queen cost? And The Who? I doubt his pairing of Stereophonics and Faithless set him much back - but if he was perhaps saving for GNR...

I'd be surprised at TDCC. Gameshow bombed spectacularly this week, with less than 8,000 sales. I think BFMV's Venom posted similar sales last year.

Could see Disclosure getting the spot, even after that R+L set. and I think the rumour I heard about James being part of that co-headline still carries some weight - Girl at the End of the World sold fairly well if they want someone of that ilk.

Disclosure's tour is done

41 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Disclosure's tour is done

No Disclosure then.

10 hours ago, Smeble said:

Take That on Sunday, o2 fri, sat, IOW sunday.

playing 3 night in a row in brum so not entirely out of the question.

they may not be popular on efests, but they would shift tickets in a big way.

Reasonable guess, wouldn't rule them out - and them being there would rule out Glastonbury too.

I'll just leave this here...

Collins has refused to rule out a Genesis reunion down the line, something Giddings, who promotes Isle Of Wight Festival, would be only too happy to see materialise.

“I’m there with the chequebook,” he laughed. “I know that [founder members] Mike [Rutherford] and Tony [Banks] would like to do it.

“The world wants Genesis, they want Pink Floyd, they want Led Zeppelin, and if there’s half a chance of it then I think it would be fantastic - never say never.”

:lol:

1 hour ago, craigb said:

I'll just leave this here...

:lol:

You never know!

I was in the room when Peter Gabriel was asked a decade or so ago - when they last reformed - about him being involved in a Genesis reunion in the future, and he didn't rule it out. In essence he expressed an interest in doing it ... tho at the same time it was caveated by the other demands on his time including his solo career. "If the timing worked", etc.

For that to come about would probably take a lot of work of someone to make it happen in much the way Giddings is well-placed to make another (non-Gabriel) Genesis happen. Perhaps he's well-placed to get Gabriel involved too.

All these geezers are getting old, so if there's some cashing-in to be done it needs doing soonish.

I'd prefer that someone spent their time in talking Talking Heads back together instead. :)

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You never know!

I was in the room when Peter Gabriel was asked a decade or so ago - when they last reformed - about him being involved in a Genesis reunion in the future, and he didn't rule it out. In essence he expressed an interest in doing it ... tho at the same time it was caveated by the other demands on his time including his solo career. "If the timing worked", etc.

For that to come about would probably take a lot of work of someone to make it happen in much the way Giddings is well-placed to make another (non-Gabriel) Genesis happen. Perhaps he's well-placed to get Gabriel involved too.

All these geezers are getting old, so if there's some cashing-in to be done it needs doing soonish.

I'd prefer that someone spent their time in talking Talking Heads back together instead. :)

Amen to Talking Heads.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Arcade Fire first headliner!

Wow that'll get the tickets selling, not!

it would also seem that the camper vans are paying for the site fees, put the prices up £45 to £195, utter rip off, latitude is £60, Glastonbury £100. 

How the hell can they justify that, especially as they didn't sell out last year.

19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Wow that'll get the tickets selling, not!

it would also seem that the camper vans are paying for the site fees, put the prices up £45 to £195, utter rip off, latitude is £60, Glastonbury £100. 

How the hell can they justify that, especially as they didn't sell out last year.

AF is a great booking. Fair play to them for going a bit 'out there' (for the IOW) on the first headliner. certainly more inspiring the the Stereophonics and Faithless. UK exclusive as well so people will go out of their way to see them.

Edit. Those camper van fees are shocking!

Edited by DiscothequeDave

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

AF is a great booking. Fair play to them for going a bit 'out there' (for the IOW) on the first headliner. certainly more inspiring the the Stereophonics and Faithless. UK exclusive as well so people will go out of their way to see them.

Arcade Fire are a great booking but between Glastonbury and IOW they don't really have (m)any appropriate UK festivals to play these days so i guess it makes total sense that they'd be booked. not gonna be a big ticket seller (i assume/hope for their sake that they have a biggie lined up for one of the other days) but imo it's a better booking than any of last years stale headliners

16 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

With the crowd that goes to IoW and the reaction on facebook i think Arcade Fire will sell even less tickets than Stereophonics did.

Most people on the facebook announcement have never heard of Arcade Fire.

the type of people who post to Facebook to voice their opinions on this kind of stuff are usually morons anyway so this doesn't surprise me, although i do fear they may pull a bit of a weak crowd there regardless

50 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

With the crowd that goes to IoW and the reaction on facebook i think Arcade Fire will sell even less tickets than Stereophonics did.

Most people on the facebook announcement have never heard of Arcade Fire.

Says more about the people who go to the IOW fest tbh. Where the fuck have they been for the last 10 years?

My comment about AF was more about IOW not being the crowd for AF rather than a comment on AF being any good or not.

and I was completely wrong about the cv tickets being £195, they are actually £210 including fees, well at least we now know how they resolved the issue about paying the site rental