How Many Caravans/Campervans go to Glasto

artl

I think the answer is 450. Not sure if I win a prize for that answer - do I? Have I won the two night stay at a Champneys Spa of my choosing? I bet I have, but you just can't tell me the great news on a public forum. No matter, I'll wait for the documentation to come in the post.

Haven't a clue really. The only time I ever went in to one of the camper / caravan/ areas was to meet a friend of a friend. At the end of the festival she went back to her caravan and it had gone. Somebody had hooked it up to their vehicle and fucked off with it.

21 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The only time I ever went in to one of the camper / caravan/ areas was to meet a friend of a friend. At the end of the festival she went back to her caravan and it had gone. Somebody had hooked it up to their vehicle and fucked off with it.

I can't believe that someone would do that.  But a good warning for all CV people to make sure they've got a good hitchlock/wheel clamp just in case.

28 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I can't believe that someone would do that.  But a good warning for all CV people to make sure they've got a good hitchlock/wheel clamp just in case.

They did do it. The lady who's caravan it was is a sheer delight, so I don't think it was personal. I think somebody felt that they needed the money for it greater than she needed the caravan. Absolute bollocks, of course, but some people don't care for others.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:46 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

They did do it. The lady who's caravan it was is a sheer delight, so I don't think it was personal. I think somebody felt that they needed the money for it greater than she needed the caravan. Absolute bollocks, of course, but some people don't care for others.

I always remember that in the year the Happy Mondays played, I spotted a fella flogging a car stereo for 20 quid and it was in the green fields which seemed such an unlikely place. 

As I recall that was before the fence, so it was much more common for some folks to come down and try to earn a few quid.

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I always remember that in the year the Happy Mondays played, I spotted a fella flogging a car stereo for 20 quid and it was in the green fields which seemed such an unlikely place. 

As I recall that was before the fence, so it was much more common for some folks to come down and try to earn a few quid.

Although not certain, I think this caravan theft was pre Super Fence.

Its definitely into the thousands. As they are now expanding officially into Bath and West Showgrounds I would imagine you could be looking at up to 10,000. I absolutely love walking through the East fields. its an impressive sight to behold.

31 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Its definitely into the thousands. As they are now expanding officially into Bath and West Showgrounds I would imagine you could be looking at up to 10,000. I absolutely love walking through the East fields. its an impressive sight to behold.

They could be using B and W because they have lost some fields, so could be fewer than normal, could explain why they sold out so fast.