Help getting a CV East Field ticket

grumpyhack

Hello anyone who knows me on these forums.  A big request for help in the CV Field ticket sales on Thursday October 27th.

For the first time in 10 years I failed to get a Glasto ticket this year.  However I'm hoping for luck in the re-sales.

The problem is that the CV Field tickets go on sale on October 27th, before the re-sales.  And to book a CV Field ticket you have to have already booked a main ticket.  (CV Tickets will be issued in the name of the main booker).

I'm of an age where I couldn't go back to tenting and, anyway, I've invested in a decent caravan.

So my plea is for anyone who has a ticket who'd be prepared to have a go at getting a CV East ticket for me.  Somehow or other we'll have to arrange to either go in together (so the names match) and I'll obviously have to pay you.  That could be done by bank transfer as soon as you have managed to get a CV East ticket.

If I get a CV ticket and then still fail in the re-sales I could still cancel the CV ticket and pay the cancellation fee. I'll happily take that risk and hit.

If anyone could or would be prepared to help please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Grumpyhack.

32 minutes ago, Pear_Cider said:

Hi Grumpy :)  When would you be arriving?

My normal aim is as soon as the CV Fields are open on Tuesday - usually around midday.  But this year, because of the rain, at the last moment they asked CV people not to arrive before 6pm Tuesday.  We then got stuck in the traffic gridlock and actually arrived about 2am on Wednesday.

Assuming things go a bit better I'd still aim to arrive around Midday Tuesday.

What are your arrival plans and where will you be staying?

Hi Mr H, Pear,

If you need another hand, pm me as we've a group trying and I can fit you in. However, it would be late on Tuesday evening when we arrive, so if that doesn't work for you, no probs in saying no.

Thanks all who have kindly offered to help. The most fitting (in terms of time and arrangements) so far has come from Pear Cider, who also plans to stay in CV East and aims to arrive around the same time as me.  Once we've finalised arrangements I'll let the others who have offered know, as I don't want to end up with half a dozen CV tickets.

The real problem is that I haven't got a main festival ticket yet, having failed on T Day, so I'll be banking on the re-sales, when I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

Should I fail in the re-sales it would be embarrassing to have no main ticket but a caravan load of CV tickets to return.

1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

Thanks all who have kindly offered to help. The most fitting (in terms of time and arrangements) so far has come from Pear Cider, who also plans to stay in CV East and aims to arrive around the same time as me.  Once we've finalised arrangements I'll let the others who have offered know, as I don't want to end up with half a dozen CV tickets.

The real problem is that I haven't got a main festival ticket yet, having failed on T Day, so I'll be banking on the re-sales, when I'll appreciate all the help I can get.

Should I fail in the re-sales it would be embarrassing to have no main ticket but a caravan load of CV tickets to return.

Glad you've found a fitting offer. 

I quite like the idea of getting there on the Tuesday night.  I might try for a CV ticket in any case and see if someone needs it. If not I could cancel. 

You will get a festival ticket in the resale.

7 minutes ago, Miesh said:

I quite like the idea of getting there on the Tuesday night.  I might try for a CV ticket in any case and see if someone needs it. If not I could cancel. 

If you do get one and somebody needs it, you will need to travel in with them!

If you don't get any takers, you'll lose a tenner

Something to bear in mind.

Unless you need one for yourself or your helping out a pal (who you'll need to travel in with), I wouldn't bother....

58 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Glad you've found a fitting offer. 

You will get a festival ticket in the resale.

The great thing about getting there on the Tuesday is that you can set up your caravan/camper/trailer tent, have a lovely evening and a bite to eat at your base, make friends with your neighbours and meet up with other old friends who are also in the CV Fields.  Take a stroll to the top of the HoD and take in the vastness of Glastonbury from one of the best vantage points there is.
Then on Wednesday morning after a good night's sleep and a decent breakfast when the campers are still lugging in their gear, racing for the best spots and setting up you can take a gentle stroll down the hill, get wristbanded and bimble around, already relaxed and chilled.

It really seems to add more than a day to the festival and I wouldn't want to do it any other way now.

9 hours ago, Stave_1974 said:

If you do get one and somebody needs it, you will need to travel in with them!

If you don't get any takers, you'll lose a tenner

Something to bear in mind.

Unless you need one for yourself or your helping out a pal (who you'll need to travel in with), I wouldn't bother....

Thank you. I'm travelling alone and the idea of a Tuesday arrival is appealing as Grumpyhack described.  I'd hope to find someone who could pick me up near the festival and drive me in. Just an idea though.

2 hours ago, Miesh said:

Thank you. I'm travelling alone and the idea of a Tuesday arrival is appealing as Grumpyhack described.  I'd hope to find someone who could pick me up near the festival and drive me in. Just an idea though.

Hi Miesh,

This is possibly putting the cart before the horse as at present I don't have any tickets - CV or main festival as we have discussed in PMs.  But should I be successful  you'd be very welcome to come in with our gang on Tuesday to CV East. There will be four of us in the car but we should be able to squeeze in a fifth.  You could pitch your little tent alongside us on Tuesday - or sleep in the caravan awning.  Then on Wednesday when it suits you could take all your gear down to Ped Gate C to go in and pitch up in the main festival site.

Yes Pear Cider, please go ahead and get me a CV ticket if you can.  I've also PMd you about this.

Assuming you get me a CV Ticket and I then get our four main festival tickets in the re-sale, we will need to meet up somewhere for Neil to get in our car for CV Field entry.  At the same time one from our car could take Neil's place with you for the drive in.

We will have four in our car, but could squeeze in a fifth, so we could also pick up Miesh somewhere.  She won't need a CV ticket in her own right as on Wednesday she'll be going onto the main site to meet up and camp with her group.