Q Magazine

GrowlerPhil

28 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Ticketmaster owns get me in not seatwave I believe.  I've used seatwave to get below face value tickets to muse and green day. But at the end of the day the big three of stubhub/get me in/ Seatwave are as bad as each other

no, Ticketmaster owns Seatwave:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seatwave

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/seatwave

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I wondered if someone would bring that up. :lol:

It's from a different ad-house to my norm, and I've actually asked for it to stop several times, got a response once but am no longer getting responses. Currently mulling over the best route from here, one of which probably involves a big loss. Ho-hum.

You could bring back the Sky ads.

:ph34r: 

Yeah, cancel that subscription. I know it will have a minor impact, but if you're not part of the solution etc....

The secondary ticket market TM is the single worst thing to happen to music ever. Worse than MTV, the Loudness War and Robbie Williams combined.

Imagine if Glastonbury didn't have the photo registration and it really was just a free for all on ticket day, wherein thousands of bots were able to buy tickets? Can you imagine the prices they'd go for?

Ticketmaster Platinum is outrageous, an open-ended means to price the tickets as high as they will go (Makes you wonder if applied to Glastonbury what the going rate would be):

Ticketmaster Platinum offers fans the best available tickets for an event direct from the artist. Platinum Tickets enable market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets. The goal is to give fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.