Neil Finn

The Red Telephone

• 2 weeks later...

The estimable Mr. Finn was interviewed this very day upon Radio 6, Crowded House are re-issueing their back catalogue with the usual cornucopia of extra delights (or shameless tat as filling depending on your degree of fandom) and Crowded House are playing a reunion gig at Sydney Opera House in the Antipodes on Friday November 25th and Saturday 26th.

Would love to see them (or even just Neil)

Make it happen any stage, any time.

Please

18 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Talking about 80's aussie bands, if The Go Betweens or Robert Forster played next year I'd be very happy

There's some phenomenal more recent Australian bands. The Lucksmiths (now split) and Aeriel Maps are both fantastic bands. The great Adam Gibson from Ariel Maps was also involved in Modern Giant, also worth a listen.

Essential listening:

Lucksmiths - Warmer Corners

Aerial Maps- In The Blinding Sunlight

47 minutes ago, Mardy said:

There's some phenomenal more recent Australian bands. The Lucksmiths (now split) and Aeriel Maps are both fantastic bands. The great Adam Gibson from Ariel Maps was also involved in Modern Giant, also worth a listen.

Essential listening:

Lucksmiths - Warmer Corners

Aerial Maps- In The Blinding Sunlight

Cheers Mardy, giving The Lucksmiths one a listen and there are some really great sounding tunes, I especially liked A Hiccup In Your Happiness, you can't beat a good brass section. I know they are a NZ based band, but have you listened to The Chills latest? Some absolute gems in there.

Also CalGonz, I know that The Go Betweens have split up aaageees ago, it was merely wishful thinking on my part, if that's what you're getting at?

• 2 weeks later...

Crowded house are defo active again, they are playing the ARIA awards in Sydney this Wednesday. A close family member works for Universal music and is designing their new website and their new album cover. 

Then they are playing the opera house on Friday and saturday which are their only dates of 2016

lets hope it's just a warm up for 2017