Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Agree with this, the ground around the pre-pitched caravans had not been churned up nearly as much as parts of the standard CV fields so hard to see how they can be blamed.  Although we're not certain this change applies to pre-delivered caravans yet are we?  The website says "campervans" (although I expect they mean both).

Perhaps GFL have agreed to do this to reduce traffic in and out of the site itself on the Monday before and Tuesday afterwards.

I would assume means predelivered caravans too...but have emailed to check as think I would rather be in East if there is a choice. Will report back once I hear from them.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

I think it was reported on here that there was supposed to be a lot more metal track but it got stuck at download as they had awful conditions the week before. Not sure if that is true but sounds feasible 

Half of the Other Stage setup was still in Download on Wednesday so that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Although we're not certain this change applies to pre-delivered caravans yet are we?  The website says "campervans" (although I expect they mean both).

Perhaps GFL have agreed to do this to reduce traffic in and out of the site itself on the Monday before and Tuesday afterwards.

I have asked the question, here is the reply.

"Hi Sarah,

Both hired campervans and caravans if being delivered need to be delivered to the Bath and West Showground. Hire and self-drive can go in any of the campervan fields.

Best wishes,

Glastonbury Festival

www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk
Love the Farm - LEAVE NO TRACE
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/glastofest"

And yes that makes sense reducing traffic in and out post festival. :) 

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've asked and they've confirmed it does apply to caravans too.

It rules it out as a future option for me, don't fancy being 5 miles off site. Pre pitched caravans cannot in anyway be blamed for what happened last year, although I expect it will be slightly easier for them from a logistical point of view to have them pre delivered to B&W, and, if they need to make a certain amount of people stay at B&W then it's easy to segregate the pre-pitched stuff out over anything else, they couldn't very well say all VW campers must stay at B&W!

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

you'd have thought that metal tracks would be the number 1 priority, bizarre that they didn't already have them down.

only thing i can think off is that they have very little of them and had decided to use them inside the arena for vehicles, then later move them to campervan fields, although looking at the photos/cam before the festival, most areas didn't have them at all, and loads of ground inside campsites/stage areas was already churned up before gates opened.

Wasn't there a shortage since some were stuck in Download after their mud problems?

4 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Is the Other stage the Download main stage? I didn't know that. The Other feels bigger to me but may just be how it's 'dressed'. 

Not sure how much of it is because the Other Stage was obviously up weeks before the gates opened but I believe a lot of the backstage setup is yeah. 

Even where there was metal track they weren't using them, the tractors towing people into E17 through E16 completely ignored the metal track and towed people through the mud resulting in a 2 foot deep, tractor width wide trench completely cutting E16 in half meaning come Monday half the field couldn't get to the metal track to get out. 

I think the biggest mistake on the Tuesday was delaying the opening until 6pm, all it did was cause traffic chaos on the roads outside the festival, the fields weren't going to improve and from what I could see they weren't actually doing anything to them. 

If they were going to delay opening all early arrivals should have been sent to a holding area at the bath and west.

3 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I'm in the same boat. I think I'm going to try for Worthy View. The idea of not having the take all the camping equipment is music to my lazy self. 

You still have to bring all the camping equipment - just minus the actual tent. If you really are lazy then I would scratch WV off given that it is a loooong walk to the main stages and you may have to do it several times a day...

32 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

You still have to bring all the camping equipment - just minus the actual tent. If you really are lazy then I would scratch WV off given that it is a loooong walk to the main stages and you may have to do it several times a day...

Really? Why does anybody go there? What's to like about it? Nice advise by the way - I had tried to upvote it but have ran out of votes. It's nice to see important nuggets of information like that get to the people who need to know.

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Really? Why does anybody go there? What's to like about it? Nice advise by the way - I had tried to upvote it but have ran out of votes. It's nice to see important nuggets of information like that get to the people who need to know.

Horse for courses. Less of a walk from car park so can make multiple trips easily, no tent to carry or pitch ( was ideal when went on my own), lovely view and quiet for a decent kip and showers available. 

7 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Horse for courses. Less of a walk from car park so can make multiple trips easily, no tent to carry or pitch ( was ideal when went on my own), lovely view and quiet for a decent kip and showers available. 

Thank you for explaining as I had no idea. I prefer the in the thick of it action, but as you say it's horses for courses.

45 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you for explaining as I had no idea. I prefer the in the thick of it action, but as you say it's horses for courses.

Have you thought about Camplight? Pre pitched tents on Pennards? I'm tempted this year just so I

a ) don't have to lug a tent in and put it up, and

b ) can leave slightly later on Weds after a decent nights sleep without worrying if I am going to have to camp by the fence somewhere

To add to the Mongolian clusterfuck, was the complete and utter lack of planning to get all CVs off the site at the end of the festival. The stewards literally did not have a clue and were completely disjointed.. After sitting in completely fucked fields for a few days, you'd have thought someone, somewhere, would have thought "Aha! We're gonna need a plan to get these people out".... nope!

32 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Have you thought about Camplight? Pre pitched tents on Pennards? I'm tempted this year just so I

a ) don't have to lug a tent in and put it up, and

b ) can leave slightly later on Weds after a decent nights sleep without worrying if I am going to have to camp by the fence somewhere

I'm not actually going to the festival next year, but wouldn't camp anywhere other than where we've always camped. I have been in to Pennards when we were meeting people in there and the place certainly has a vibe to it. I'd never go down the pre-pitched tent route. I like staying in my own tent.

Hi, on the topic of hiring caravans and having them delivered to site...

From 2013 to 2015 we had hired a caravan from Tilshead, they delivered to site in the East fields and everything was good. We didn't get tickets last year but we are back for 2017! We contacted Tilshead but they said they had hired all their vans out to a private company offsite. We then contacted another company called BMV who said they could provide a 6 birth caravan and it would be delivered and set up in the East fields. After seeing the information today on the Glasto website and reading a few posts in this thread we panicked as we don't want to be off site (as lovely as I'm sure Bath and West is). It seems BMV are also none the wiser, have had multiple people contacting them with the same issue and they are currently chasing this up with Glastonbury.

I'll post the result of BMV's enquiry when we get it.