Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camping available at the Royal Bath & West Showground next year with a 24 hour shuttle bus. Does that mean more campervan space or have they done away with some of the current campervan fields?

"Following its introduction as a supplementary campervan location in 2016, we’re pleased to confirm the Bath & West Showground will again be open to campervans and caravans for the 2017 Festival."

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-caravan-fields-on-sale-on-thursday/

Edited by Dukeicon

6 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Camping available at the Royal Bath & West Showground next year with a 24 hour shuttle bus. Does that mean more camping space or have they done away with some of the current camping fields?

Hopefully more space as there is always greater demand than supply! Quite a few ended up in there last year due to the condition of East Campervan fields and loved it as there are showers & flushing toilets. 

Edited by StoneCircle

Hoping the original bell tent is easily distinguishable on the booking page from the new 'glastonbury' ones (the original is bigger). Do you think they will be treated as two separate products? Or do you think there's no way or controlling which one you're given? Could do without this confusion on booking day!

30 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Camping available at the Royal Bath & West Showground next year with a 24 hour shuttle bus. Does that mean more campervan space or have they done away with some of the current campervan fields?

"Following its introduction as a supplementary campervan location in 2016, we’re pleased to confirm the Bath & West Showground will again be open to campervans and caravans for the 2017 Festival."

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-view-tipis-and-campervan-caravan-fields-on-sale-on-thursday/

Interesting... Did the shuttle bus service work well last year? I vaguely remember reports that the showers were still subject to long queues

27 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

I think there's a good chance that it's both of those. Pressure on land outside the fence is the biggest problem the Festival has so it'd be no surprise if they've lost another field or more especially given the conditions last year.

Meanwhile the B&W has a lot of land - if they used the entire complex they could potentially accomodate as many Campervans as East & West combined have in the past few years.

I'm sure this has been answered on here before but I can't find a definitive answer. Are the family campervan pitches in the closest fields to the gate in East? And also what determines that you are a family and is it checked? Is it more just a case that there will be more families around so noisy in the mornings and not late at night (not that I've ever had trouble getting to sleep in campervan fields which are always quiet when I go to bed).

The introduction of specific family tickets too...

For 2017 you will have the option of booking from a number of different campervan/caravan ticket types:

West Campervan (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length – £100)
East Campervan (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length – £100)
East Campervan Family Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length, in the family section of the campervan fields – £100)
Bath & West Regular Campervan Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length located at the Bath & West Showground, with a 24 hour free shuttle bus service to the Festival site – £100)
Bath & West Large Campervan Pitch (pitch up to 16m x 7m, for vehicles over 8m in length, at the Bath & West Showground, with a 24 hour free shuttle bus service to the Festival site – £200)

40 minutes ago, richcressey said:

I'm sure this has been answered on here before but I can't find a definitive answer. Are the family campervan pitches in the closest fields to the gate in East? And also what determines that you are a family and is it checked? Is it more just a case that there will be more families around so noisy in the mornings and not late at night (not that I've ever had trouble getting to sleep in campervan fields which are always quiet when I go to bed).

Family fields are generally closer but not the closet...

Although it's been a free for all for the last few years from what I've witnessed.

Lots of rowdy groups and little consideration for families - perhaps this will be changing in 2017 ?

We were at Bath and West last year, in the circumstances it was great, never had to queue for a shower if you went early enough - it was quite a luxury! Shuttle buses worked well both there and back - never had to wait for more than about 10 mins other than Sunday night getting back - this was mostly due to lots of people leaving Sunday night and loads of coaches going to glastonbury town, Castle cary and various other places all queuing in the same place - they should have a separate q for Bath & West imo if it is being offered as an alternative this year.  It also meant that it was easy to get off the site on Monday as the ground wasn't completely buggered like the cv fields apparently were.

Downside was the long walk back from SE corner at silly o clock to gate A - seemed a lot longer than up to cv east (even without the hill of death) and you did feel a bit remote, I really missed that last climb up said Hill on Sunday night and saying goodbye to the festival for another year.

It is a good option with some better facilities but having said that will be trying for East again this year as we want to be closer to the festival.

4 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

quite a jump in the WV prices, 4-man bell tents and tipi tents up £40. yurts up £55. Radiohead must have an expensive rider :lol:

was half thinking about a tipi or bell tent but will probably stick with the scout tent, which is only up a tenner.

it isnt something i would ever do, but the Tipis arent shocking value i dont think, they're in a good position camping wise as well

4 hours ago, mikegday said:

Hoping the original bell tent is easily distinguishable on the booking page from the new 'glastonbury' ones (the original is bigger). Do you think they will be treated as two separate products? Or do you think there's no way or controlling which one you're given? Could do without this confusion on booking day!

It looks like they call it a 'festival bell' as opposed to a 4 person bell? 

Similar size though? Not quite as traditional looking?

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added last sentence