Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

2 large changing tents (1 male, 1 female) with benches and mobile van things at the end full of showers, probably about 16 showers for each section.

looked a bit like this:

Showers.jpg

I think there's a separate tent beside the changing rooms with electrical outlets for hairdryers/straighteners. think WV might have provided some too.

Excellent stuff, nice one. Gonna need some flip flops... don't want a veruca haha 

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Said May on the site so should be within the next few days I'd wager.

Was 1st June last year. So far, nada. And the WV Twitter account hasn't been updated since 27th June last year. Assuming it'll all kick into life very, very soon.....then they need to get a move on with the WV car park tickets.

5 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Was 1st June last year. So far, nada. And the WV Twitter account hasn't been updated since 27th June last year. Assuming it'll all kick into life very, very soon.....then they need to get a move on with the WV car park tickets.

I had the general email a couple of hours ago.

8 hours ago, Havors said:

So question for people that stayed worth view last year....

What are the showers like? How many? Changing rooms? And the girls in our party want to know if there is somewhere to use their hairdryers? 

1) Showers are communal, with a small curtain between each shower (in the women's). Provides some privacy, but not much. Some women wear bikinis/swimsuits, but most don't bother...seriously, who's looking?! There were 2 shower blocks for women last year, each with around 16 stations (8 showers each side). I'd advise to take flip flops/crocs with you, as despite best efforts the floor gets muddy in the changing area (one big room with benches) where people take off their wellies. However, that won't be an issue this year, will it...NFR NFC!

2) You won't be able to use your own hairdryers due to PAT-testing H&S regulations. They do have a "pamper parlour" next door to the women's showers. BUT they were charging - if my memory serves me right - £7 to use the hairdryers and £10 for hairdryer + straighteners!! They did reduce the prices a bit after numerous complaints, but it was extortionate and all a bit pointless TBH. Air dry hair, tie it up and wear a hat ;-)

Hope that helps x

Just queried delivery of the car park tickets for WV with SEE and I was told (via the live chat) that they will be print at home this year. Shame as I always enjoyed having the sticker (even though they were annoying to clean off after).

Never been to Worthy View before and normally we take a decent amount of booze with us to save on cash there, however was a little concerned by this in the email they've sent out:

"You are allowed to bring your own alcohol to Glastonbury Festival, but we only allow a reasonable quantity for personal consumption (no more than you can carry in your hands on your first arrival to the campsite)"

This seems rather against the normal ethos of Glastonbury. How strict are they? And what do they mean exactly by "carry in your hands"?!

3 minutes ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Never been to Worthy View before and normally we take a decent amount of booze with us to save on cash there, however was a little concerned by this in the email they've sent out:

"You are allowed to bring your own alcohol to Glastonbury Festival, but we only allow a reasonable quantity for personal consumption (no more than you can carry in your hands on your first arrival to the campsite)"

This seems rather against the normal ethos of Glastonbury. How strict are they? And what do they mean exactly by "carry in your hands"?!

They say that every year all over the site and every year it gets questioned on here. Just take what you usually do, it'll be fine.