Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, briddj said:

Looks like this is now reverted to the refreshing holding page? Wonder what is happening?

Maybe it is just due to the load of people trying to buy Adele tickets and it is affecting all See Tickets pages.

yep, it's probably that - the glasto pages go into overload-mode when there's other big sales happening on their system.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

How does worthy view work? First time camping there this year. Do we get passes on entry for worthy view?? We have a spare bed so if one of our freinds gets tickets in resale can they just join us??

Yeah, you get a WV wristband when you enter the site from their entrance.

You have to email WV the names of the people who are in your group about a month or so before. So if you have a spare space, your friend can join you.

1 minute ago, The Red Telephone said:

Yeah, you get a WV wristband when you enter the site from their entrance.

You have to email WV the names of the people who are in your group about a month or so before. So if you have a spare space, your friend can join you.

thanks man

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm sure if you contact the festival they'll change the name of the lead booker for you, presuming he's not getting a refund.

7 hours ago, Cbrinxy said:

Thanks Ill look into it :)

Isn't it better to contact Seetickets and speak with a manager?  I'm looking into this because MrsCJ may have an op around June requiring time off, so I would be staying to look after her and not coming down. Thing is, the CV ticket is in my name and it's my van the rest of the group would be needing, so if you get a good response, please let me know as I may need to transfer the CV ticket somehow.

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

Isn't it better to contact Seetickets and speak with a manager?  I'm looking into this because MrsCJ may have an op around June requiring time off, so I would be staying to look after her and not coming down. Thing is, the CV ticket is in my name and it's my van the rest of the group would be needing, so if you get a good response, please let me know as I may need to transfer the CV ticket somehow.

If you booked as a group you should be fine.  Have a read of this from GFL website ”Campervan/caravan tickets are personalised to the named campervan/caravan ticket booker, and are strictly non-transferable. If the person who books the campervan ticket subsequently cancels their ticket booking (prior to 5th May), the campervan ticket will also be cancelled. If someone else within the original booking would like to take over the campervan ticket, the booking can be rebooked with their registration as long as this is requested at the point of cancellation (£10 admin fee will apply) but the booking cannot be reassigned retrospectively or transferred to someone who wasn’t in the original booking."

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

If you booked as a group you should be fine.  Have a read of this from GFL website ”Campervan/caravan tickets are personalised to the named campervan/caravan ticket booker, and are strictly non-transferable. If the person who books the campervan ticket subsequently cancels their ticket booking (prior to 5th May), the campervan ticket will also be cancelled. If someone else within the original booking would like to take over the campervan ticket, the booking can be rebooked with their registration as long as this is requested at the point of cancellation (£10 admin fee will apply) but the booking cannot be reassigned retrospectively or transferred to someone who wasn’t in the original booking."

Thanks for that, yes, one of them is in my group booking.  Just need to keep an eye out on the May date then.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to pay the balance on my festival ticket, but I am also interested in Worthy View (if there is a resale)  

Unsure what to do with regards to my parking ticket, as if I purchase a normal one when paying off my balance and then manage to get into Worthy View this will require a different parking ticket. 

1 hour ago, idb said:

I need to pay the balance on my festival ticket, but I am also interested in Worthy View (if there is a resale)  

Unsure what to do with regards to my parking ticket, as if I purchase a normal one when paying off my balance and then manage to get into Worthy View this will require a different parking ticket. 

You can buy a (regular) parking ticket literally on the door at Glastonbury, so you have plenty of time to watch for a Worthy View sale.

Wondering if there is special route we should take to get to worth view? we are coming from the north and the entrance for WV appears to be on the south/south east side of the festival.

Anyone got any tips? We will be trying to get there as early as possible on the wednesday

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

Wondering if there is special route we should take to get to worth view? we are coming from the north and the entrance for WV appears to be on the south/south east side of the festival.

Anyone got any tips? We will be trying to get there as early as possible on the wednesday

"the north" is a bit vague! but your best bet is to come in from the A37 to the south as this avoids all the traffic for the general camping car parks. I don't know what it's like on the east side of Pilton, but to the west, there's very little/any traffic for most of the way, so I'd say if possible come down the M5, onto the A39, then before you get to Street, cut down to the A37. that's the way we went last year and didn't get stuck in any traffic.

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"the north" is a bit vague! but your best bet is to come in from the A37 to the south as this avoids all the traffic for the general camping car parks. I don't know what it's like on the east side of Pilton, but to the west, there's very little/any traffic for most of the way, so I'd say if possible come down the M5, onto the A39, then before you get to Street, cut down to the A37. that's the way we went last year and didn't get stuck in any traffic.

From Liverpool sorry :)

The A37 is the east side of Pilton isnt it? haha I was initially thinking of going a39 down to glasto village and come in from below/west. But I have a feeling Glasto town/village will be rammed?

EDIT: Oh sorry I see where you mean now.... A39 past glasto then hit the A37 coming up from the south? 

Edited by Havors

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Yes, definitely this.  Avoid coming in to WV from the East A361/A37 as traffic can be hideous. I cross A37 going to WV, as I use the back routes through Bruton/Ditcheat. Very little traffic (comparatively) coming from the West on A37 in my experience, as it's all on the A361 heading towards the general camping West car parks.

SIAD but ... does anyone know if you can change the name on a Worthy View booking? I have a friend who doesn't need his now, and a son who does. Are the wristbands different or is it easy for friend to pass over to son once inside?

2 quick questions, would be great of anyone can answer. 

Are scout tents distributed on a first come first served basis once the site is open or is everyone allocated a tent at the time of booking. 

Is there definitely a bus that goes from the bus drop off point to WV. I've seen very little mention of it and am curious as to how convenient it is. 

1 hour ago, cloudb said:

2 quick questions, would be great of anyone can answer. 

Are scout tents distributed on a first come first served basis once the site is open or is everyone allocated a tent at the time of booking. 

Is there definitely a bus that goes from the bus drop off point to WV. I've seen very little mention of it and am curious as to how convenient it is. 

I've only stopped in the bell tents in recent years and those are allocated on arrival, I would think it's the same for scout tents.

Yes there is a frequent bus from WV to the bus drop off.

Have a Good One..