Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah - going to leave it for a few days and see what occurs. I am 100% expecting one of them to be cancelled - or at least questioned... in any case ... all it will take to make it right is for the double booked to jump in with the whoever in your party and all square..

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I'm in need of two East Family tickets, please PM me if you can help at all.

They're for caravans being delivered and we're coming by coach so I don't need the name on the CV ticket to match anything, as I won't be coming in using it. I just need to give the details to the caravan hire people so they can get access to deliver the vans.

If there's anyone with a spare who's ever enjoyed the Spotify playlist the past few years this'd be a good way to say thanks!!

Cheers

BSR

Oh no! i hope you get sorted, try monitoring the page for changes or see if Tim has any sway for extra ones? if i hear of any going back I will let you know.

Morph the Flamingo Man

On 24/10/2016 at 7:20 PM, Cooter said:

Not guaranteed I'm afraid, in fact I doubt it very much. Would be unfair if everyone had the same in mind. 

can almost g'tee you wont be able to do this. Based on this years efforts, next year it will deffo be first come first served and only minor flexibilty will be at the actual parking end. Also a safe bet is that people with east/west will end up in the showgrounds if they pitch up late..

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well done, Matt

Have to say that I really do fancy the Tipis. Site position and general vibe seem amazing. Only issue, I guess, is that I camp with quite a few friends now, so that would be lost...

Ben

Cheers Ben, we have a load of our group in campervans again, but I would have just been camping with them as opposed to a space on a camper so figured I would give Tipis a whirl, shall report back on my findings!

57 minutes ago, munchieblue said:

Hi all looking for advice.

We we're a group of ten looking for 5 tickets for West. We managed to purchase 5 tickets in total but in the frantic sale process two tickets were booked on the same name/registration number. Will See tickets change the name to the correct person? The couple with the missing ticket were not on the same original order for festival tickets as the person with two West tickets - will this make the process of changing names more difficult. Has anyone managed to change the name on a Campervan ticket in the past?

If not will See tickets send out two West tickets with the same name? Can one person then be present to ID to validate both Campervans if in a convoy?

Thanks

from T&Cs on GF website:

Campervan/caravan tickets are personalised to the named campervan/caravan ticket booker, and are strictly non-transferable. If the person who books the campervan ticket subsequently cancels their ticket booking (prior to 5th May), the campervan ticket will also be cancelled. If someone else within the original booking would like to take over the campervan ticket, the booking can be rebooked with their registration as long as this is requested at the point of cancellation (£10 admin fee will apply) but the booking cannot be reassigned retrospectively or transferred to someone who wasn’t in the original booking.

Doesn't exactly answer your question but  there is clearly a mechanism for transferring CV tickets.  I guess you'll have to ask See.  I'm not sure they'd cancel the duplicate ticket - I think we had ours for a few weeks before getting one refunded.

I have my fingers crossed that the magnificent Mooro on here may be able to pass me a spare. He ended up with a couple and, provided all the sales have gone through and haven't been bounced as multiples/duplicates, I should be OK. However then the challenge will be getting main festival tickets in the re-sales when all help will be appreciated.

Unlike Neil, who boasts he could still do it in a tent, I'm now in the old farts generation and would struggle without my creature comforts.

6 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I have my fingers crossed that the magnificent Mooro on here may be able to pass me a spare. He ended up with a couple and, provided all the sales have gone through and haven't been bounced as multiples/duplicates, I should be OK. However then the challenge will be getting main festival tickets in the re-sales when all help will be appreciated.

Unlike Neil, who boasts he could still do it in a tent, I'm now in the old farts generation and would struggle without my creature comforts.

I hope Mooro comes through for you Grumpy. My efforts today were frustrating to say the least :(

On a brighter note though, I knew that @whisty had been away without internet access so I thought it prudent to send him a text just to remind him about today. He got my message at the airport, panicked, then got on and scored himself a CV ticket!! :D

I myself have Neil to thank for saving my day :)

20 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

However then the challenge will be getting main festival tickets in the re-sales when all help will be appreciated.

My dear Grumpy, you'll have tickets coming out of your ears come resale day. There'll be hundreds of us trying for you.:D

Last year I booked one for east but my friend wanted to go earlier than me so I phoned up ST and they transferred to his name. He was part of my original booking group. Couldn't the person who's booked two just walk out and meet the others and drive back through? I've heard lots of people talk about doing that if they got too many. I managed to get east

5 hours ago, chrismcb said:

So whats the procedure now? If you keep checking the links is there a chance some may become available? Or is there a resale?

no resale but people cancel and tents become available all the time. after the ticket balance deadline is probably the best, there were quite a few scout tents available around May last year.

2 hours ago, munchieblue said:

Hi all looking for advice.

We we're a group of ten looking for 5 tickets for West. We managed to purchase 5 tickets in total but in the frantic sale process two tickets were booked on the same name/registration number. Will See tickets change the name to the correct person? The couple with the missing ticket were not on the same original order for festival tickets as the person with two West tickets - will this make the process of changing names more difficult. Has anyone managed to change the name on a Campervan ticket in the past?

If not will See tickets send out two West tickets with the same name? Can one person then be present to ID to validate both Campervans if in a convoy?

Thanks

Seems like people have managed to transfer to a different name as long as they are part of the original booking. Anyone had any experience if two tickets are under one name? Do ST try to cancel one of the West tickets?

32 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I  thought you were only allowed to buy 1 tix per person  ??????      so how come some people were able to get more than just the one 

I got through twice, once for me, once for a friend

1 hour ago, Pear_Cider said:

I hope Mooro comes through for you Grumpy. My efforts today were frustrating to say the least :(

On a brighter note though, I knew that @whisty had been away without internet access so I thought it prudent to send him a text just to remind him about today. He got my message at the airport, panicked, then got on and scored himself a CV ticket!! :D

I myself have Neil to thank for saving my day :)

Cheers Pear:)

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

My dear Grumpy, you'll have tickets coming out of your ears come resale day. There'll be hundreds of us trying for you.:D

Grumpy will be going to the ball, count me in.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I don't see why they should be.

The rules were one per transaction, not one per ticket holder.

If the named buyer is one of the travelling party (so you're all in convoy) it shouldn't be a problem.

fingers X'd for sure.

1 hour ago, Kizzie said:

and yeah i'm in for this, i owe our trip this year to a few good folk. nice to pay back around

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

I got through twice, once for me, once for a friend

yea but I believe that some people got through and got cv tix for others on there reg...which is cool I just didn't realise that could be done  lol 

9 hours ago, foolsgold1981 said:

First time in Worthy View this year as going with a disabled friend who has a long-term condition.

We've got three 2-person Podpads between our group. Now, I can't see the Podpads on the aerial picture - can anyone fill me in as to where exactly they are on this?

Also, I appreciate that they're small, but what are they like otherwise?

Thank you!

3595AFBF00000578-3655887-image-a-47_1466712739505.jpg

They're usually located just behind the entrance area on the right. First things you come across so very close to car park.