Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

6 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Slightly confused nothing new when I click on booking link on glastonbury website for worthy view it takes me to registration page I assume this will go to a payment page tomorrow. The see tickets site doesn't seem to show anthing for worthy view 

It will don't worry. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, hez said:

Does anyone know the order of the screens for tomorrows sale? I am starting to get nervous as if it's t-day all over again, but this time with the added issue of never having booked Worthy View so not knowing what to expect! I'm guessing it is:

1st screen - choose between WV, tipis or campervans

2nd screen - reg number and post code

3rd screen - choose type of tent and car park

4th screen - payment details and submit!

Sound about right?

More complicated than that, you have to find the type of tent (they have been grouped by size previously) and it also asks who's staying/how you're travelling/what time etc which all wastes time unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, chrislfc said:

Do you need 4 registration numbers for a WV 4 man tent or can one person buy it?

Do they just send you 4 wristbands or something like that later on?

Presumably you haven't got to actually have 4 in them if there's only 3 of you?

But they send 4 wristbands in case another person gets a ticket in the resale?

Ps you can have however many people you like UP to the capacity of the tent I.e. 1-4 if it's 4 man. Same price

17 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

More complicated than that, you have to find the type of tent (they have been grouped by size previously) and it also asks who's staying/how you're travelling/what time etc which all wastes time unfortunately. 

Thanks for that. Hadn't seen that paragraph on the website! 

1 hour ago, baggienick68 said:

Still confused then as I emailed Glasto and their reply said you can only buy one each. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

I'm guessing the 2 ticket option that see are referring to maybe for people who have an oversized campervan as they are required to buy a double pitch ?

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

You must tell them who's staying in the tent though beforehand and if they will arrive separately to the lead booker they need a copy of the confirmation. 

If it is the same as last year, tomorrow they will ask for names but they don't have to be the names of the people actually staying in the tents apart from the lead booker.  You don't need registration numbers - apart from lead booker - at that point.  

When I booked ours last year we were relying on the resales for some people so didn't know exactly who was going to be staying in which tent.   Only four of eight names I gave actually ended up staying at WV.  

They give you an opportunity much closer to the festival (can't remember how close but I know I was getting really nervous so maybe around May) to let them know the precise details (names and registration numbers) of those be using the tents.  It is important to give them the correct details at that point as they checked them off a list as we went through wrist-banding.  They requested that all members of a party go through together if at all possible (but had arrangements in place if it wasn't possible).

7 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Didn't have one myself but I think they were near the bar area which is nearest to the top of the steps going down to Pennard gate. Does mean they're noisier (can hear Park/SE corner) and furthest from car park. 

Thanks very much. Guessing the car park still can't be that far though? 

We have stayed at Worthy View for the past 2 years and loved it! (if anyone has any questions feel free to ask)

However, this year we were unsuccessful on ticket day :(

Trying to decide whether it's worth booking WV anyway and praying to the gods that we get tickets in the resale! 

1 minute ago, Bekah551 said:

We have stayed at Worthy View for the past 2 years and loved it! (if anyone has any questions feel free to ask)

However, this year we were unsuccessful on ticket day :(

Trying to decide whether it's worth booking WV anyway and praying to the gods that we get tickets in the resale! 

Usually it won't let you through unless you enter a registration number with a deposit registered against it.

21 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Usually it won't let you through unless you enter a registration number with a deposit registered against it.

Ah thanks for that.. that answers that question then!

We only normally go for a scout tent which seem to pop up quite often with cancellations ect so hopefully we'll be able to grab one after the resale :) 

9 minutes ago, Bekah551 said:

Ah thanks for that.. that answers that question then!

We only normally go for a scout tent which seem to pop up quite often with cancellations ect so hopefully we'll be able to grab one after the resale :) 

Ye - better chance with scout than any, good luck!

Just to say that, for anyone who hires a caravan, you may realise that some of them were having a terrible time last year.  As they travel onto and off site every day they were taking a big hit from the transport difficulties and in turn finding they only got a couple of hours kip each night.

In my case when I got in touch with the firm I'm using I was surprised that they quite like Bath & West, as they said it's easier for them to get on and off site at will, rather than getting stuck in the one way system.  They did say that they don't mind which I choose, as they suspect they'll end up with some customers in E25 and some in B&W.

BTW.  I had read that last year the shuttle bus went to pedestrian gate A and that some found that a bit of a trek, but they said it went to other drop off points, but I don't know whether anyone else knows if that's true or not.

ATM My inclination is towards East, as last year was the only time I've really experienced any challenge getting on or off site and it's quite nice being able to wander back up the hill at your own steam.

Edited by clarkete

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Thanks very much. Guessing the car park still can't be that far though? 

the scout tents were dispersed over a large area, so some were right beside the steps going down to the fence (but a few mins walk from the car park), others were a few minutes walk away from the steps (but only 30seconds walk to the WV entrance/car park). they didn't just have all the 8man ones together, they'd have a few rows of 8-mans, a few rows of 4-man, a few rows of 2-mans, then a few row of 8-mans again, etc.

you're no more than 5mins walk from the car park anywhere in WV though.

Edited by ghostdancer1

50 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

the scout tents were dispersed over a large area, so some were right beside the steps going down to the fence (but a few mins walk from the car park), others were a few minutes walk away from the steps (but only 30seconds walk to the WV entrance/car park). they didn't just have all the 8man ones together, they'd have a few rows of 8-mans, a few rows of 4-man, a few rows of 2-mans, then a few row of 8-mans again, etc.

you're no more than 5mins walk from the car park anywhere in WV though.

OK thanks for the info. Really helpful.