Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

I've read the official site several times now and have completely confused myself. Last year I bought two campervan tickets and that was fine. This year it says you must buy your own ticket and only one per transaction. So if we need two do I have to buy one and then try go in again with my friend's registration and hope to get another. We want to stay in East and park together. What happens if I buy one and East sells out and only B & W is left? Confused.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

All things considered, I've decided against buying a plot at Worthy View in 2017. It's tempting, but looking at the aerial shots for the last couple of years, the kind of tent I'd want to get is towards the very back of the entire set up, resulting in a long walk to the gate. I'm also not sure if I'd like the feeling of being 'off-site'. I'm used to camping in the thick of it. I'd prefer the quiet of WV but by the time I pass out, I'm pretty much ready to crash so I've slept through the noise when I've camped before.

I also quite like the very early start on Wednesday morning, the taxi to the Showground and the shuttle to PGA at some ungodly hour, then queueing up for ages. Call me weird, it's just part of the excitement for me. Who doesn't enjoy Christmas Eve?

So, yeah. Tempting, but I'll pass. Now I just need to settle on where to camp.

Have you considered Camplight? They have various sizes of tents.

http://www.camplight.co.uk/

18 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Have you considered Camplight? They have various sizes of tents.

http://www.camplight.co.uk/

Yeah, I've signed up to hear from them when they release their accommodation options. They're certainly in the part of the site I prefer to camp in, but I'm hoping to camp near a Young Greens area on Pennards if they're doing that in 2017, so we'll see.

Do you know when Camplight tends to go on sale?

32 minutes ago, baggienick68 said:

I've read the official site several times now and have completely confused myself. Last year I bought two campervan tickets and that was fine. This year it says you must buy your own ticket and only one per transaction. So if we need two do I have to buy one and then try go in again with my friend's registration and hope to get another. We want to stay in East and park together. What happens if I buy one and East sells out and only B & W is left? Confused.

From my experience you'll be fine booking East in two separate transactions providing you do it reasonably close to noon. 

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Do you know when Camplight tends to go on sale?

Camplight mini-Thingy!
And just like the real thing, there's not really a pattern.

Looking back at their twitter feed and emails, Camplight tents have gone on sale on:

Glastonbury 2014:

• 5 April 2014
  • 6 June 2014

Glastonbury 2015:

• 1 October 2014 (100 tents)
  • 22 February 2015 (100 tents announced, site crashed)
  • 8 March 2015 (2nd sale after site crash on 2/22)

Glastonbury 2016:

• 1 October 2015
  • 7 April 2016
  • 3 May 2016 (pop-up tents only)

Glastonbury 2017:

No sale yet. (From Facebook October 8th: "We can't put them on sale yet because we have to finalise a deal with Glastonbury Festivals first.")

4 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

see tickets have just tweeted me after i asked them the same question. You can buy 2 campervan tickets per registration.

4 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

Then unfortunately you can't camp together, I'm guessing this new one ticket per transaction is another measure to stop campervan ticket profiteering, unfortunately it will hit those unsuccessful in the main sale but successful in the resale who are going with friends.

it will also mean the tickets will sell out slower but it will be harder to get on the sales page.

Does anyone know the order of the screens for tomorrows sale? I am starting to get nervous as if it's t-day all over again, but this time with the added issue of never having booked Worthy View so not knowing what to expect! I'm guessing it is:

1st screen - choose between WV, tipis or campervans

2nd screen - reg number and post code

3rd screen - choose type of tent and car park

4th screen - payment details and submit!

Sound about right?

Do you need 4 registration numbers for a WV 4 man tent or can one person buy it?

Do they just send you 4 wristbands or something like that later on?

Presumably you haven't got to actually have 4 in them if there's only 3 of you?

But they send 4 wristbands in case another person gets a ticket in the resale?

2 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

Do you need 4 registration numbers for a WV 4 man tent or can one person buy it?

Do they just send you 4 wristbands or something like that later on?

Presumably you haven't got to actually have 4 in them if there's only 3 of you?

But they send 4 wristbands in case another person gets a ticket in the resale?

You only need one reg. You just turn up with 3 other people and they give you the wristbands there.

Edited by Hugh Jass

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

All things considered, I've decided against buying a plot at Worthy View in 2017. It's tempting, but looking at the aerial shots for the last couple of years, the kind of tent I'd want to get is towards the very back of the entire set up, resulting in a long walk to the gate. I'm also not sure if I'd like the feeling of being 'off-site'. I'm used to camping in the thick of it. I'd prefer the quiet of WV but by the time I pass out, I'm pretty much ready to crash so I've slept through the noise when I've camped before.

I also quite like the very early start on Wednesday morning, the taxi to the Showground and the shuttle to PGA at some ungodly hour, then queueing up for ages. Call me weird, it's just part of the excitement for me. Who doesn't enjoy Christmas Eve?

So, yeah. Tempting, but I'll pass. Now I just need to settle on where to camp.

I also think I'm going to give WV a miss. It is incredibly tempting, but I keep thinking about what else I could use the money for instead. I did consider seeing if anyone fancied sharing a tipi but not sure about the whole sleeping in the same tent as strangers thing. Maybe next time...

4 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Slightly confused nothing new when I click on booking link on glastonbury website for worthy view it takes me to registration page I assume this will go to a payment page tomorrow. The see tickets site doesn't seem to show anthing for worthy view 

I wondered this too. First time trying to book WV so I'm panicing?

any advice guys? 

48 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Has anyone here hired one of the 8 person scout tents with 4 separate bedrooms? If so are they in a decent position in Worthy View? 

Didn't have one myself but I think they were near the bar area which is nearest to the top of the steps going down to Pennard gate. Does mean they're noisier (can hear Park/SE corner) and furthest from car park.