Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JulieR said:

Does the full balance need paid on Thursday when booking WV accommodation? And did I read further up this feed that they only accept debit cards not credit? 

Also what is there more of, 2 person belle pads or 2 person yurts? Just trying to figure out what's got the best odds when trying to book? 

Yes full balance. See tickets replied on twitter that it is debit cards only. Possibly same number (ish) of each (although this is a total guess). Depends which one is more popular as much as how many there are. 

1 hour ago, joser1974 said:

Does anybody know how many campervan tickets I can buy in one transaction? Need to get 3

I was wondering that too. It says on the GF site that "As with your festival tickets, campervan tickets are non-transferable and will include the name and address of the lead booker.". I'm thinking that is a yes, maybe, what does everyone else think?

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Yes full balance. See tickets replied on twitter that it is debit cards only. Possibly same number (ish) of each (although this is a total guess). Depends which one is more popular as much as how many there are. 

They replied to me saying credit or debit card

IMG_2373.PNG

Edited by hez

Hi we've stayed in east campervan fields for the last 3 years but have only had 1 van. This year there will be 6 of us in 3 vans but we will be arriving at different times during tuesday. Is it possible for the first van in to save two pitches for the later arrivals?

4 minutes ago, grayzer1 said:

Hi we've stayed in east campervan fields for the last 3 years but have only had 1 van. This year there will be 6 of us in 3 vans but we will be arriving at different times during tuesday. Is it possible for the first van in to save two pitches for the later arrivals?

Not guaranteed I'm afraid, in fact I doubt it very much. Would be unfair if everyone had the same in mind. 

4 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I won;t be - same as we never say we want family cv fields when we arrive either. I wouldn;t take a place from a family when I am physically, if not mentally able to walk that extra distance.

Its really no different, but does stop the 'which field do you want' conversations on arrival

I recall one year saying to the staff at the entrance to the campervan fields, "I'd like E21" (is that the one by the hill?). "it's the family field" he replied (more or less, as memory recalls). "would it help if I lied & said I've my children with me" ... In a joking way. I guess, like all customer facing jobs, he'd heard it all before, and basically said you do whatever you think is right. So, we ended up over the road to the far off right. It seems though it's been, in the past at least, more up to your moral compass than anything. 

4 hours ago, joser1974 said:

Does anybody know how many campervan tickets I can buy in one transaction? Need to get 3

From memory last year you could select upto 10, but they would all be linked to the registration number used. This would then be the lead booker for the campervan passes. If you had 3 passes linked to one lead booker and you all arrived together i don't know if they would be happy with that, you could of course get the lead booker to go in and out so that they come in with each van but that could be a nightmare in itself. I reckon it would be best to go in 3 times onto the booking page and use a reg number for someone who will be in each van.

I'd email GFL to clarify if 3 vans arriving together is Ok with the same lead booker. I booked 3 passes once for Download and they were Ok when i arrived and said the other vans were arriving later but don't know if GFL would be the same.

Not had my van passes checked for the last 2 years so no personal experience of how strict they are now, and this year didn't really provide much reference info on the new system due to all of the issues they were having. Good luck either way on Thursday 

13 hours ago, grayzer1 said:

Definitely not. You will have to meet up off site and travel in together. This is from the OS. '' Sorry, we can't hold pitches so if you want to park next to each other you will need to arrive together ''

On 10/23/2016 at 9:30 PM, grumpyhack said:

The vehicles with the biggest problems were the motorhomes, which tend to be front wheel drive and with crap traction.

This is true to a degree, but also because you have loads of people driving large motorhomes with little experience of doing so. Granted there is a degree of luck, but our group had 4 large motorhomes, and 2 cars towing caravans and we all got in and out under our own steam.

We are all experienced drivers of said vehicles, and apply a degree of common sense to the lines we take, and the places we stop rolling, as well as applyingthe power at the right times rather than endlessly spinning wheels !

Hi, I have been to Glasto quite a few times before, but this will be the first one where we are not going to be in a tent.

Questions I have :

i) do I need to be on the ball at noon tomorrow, are they expected to sell out in minutes/hours/days?

ii) I am guessing you need to plump for East or West, what the advantages of each side?  What side would you go for, and why?  We are going to be in a caravan, rather than camper (if that makes any difference)

On 25/10/2016 at 9:38 AM, BeddyDriver said:

This is true to a degree, but also because you have loads of people driving large motorhomes with little experience of doing so. Granted there is a degree of luck, but our group had 4 large motorhomes, and 2 cars towing caravans and we all got in and out under our own steam.

We are all experienced drivers of said vehicles, and apply a degree of common sense to the lines we take, and the places we stop rolling, as well as applyingthe power at the right times rather than endlessly spinning wheels !

I got in and out of E17 with no problem this year in my fwd MH, like you say a lot of it is driving technique and scouting a route on foot before hand, the Jeremy clarkson mantra of POWERRRRRR is not what is required. A gentle right foot, 2nd gear rather than first and thinking ahead will get you out of most places.

10 minutes ago, sjhopewell said:

Hi, I have been to Glasto quite a few times before, but this will be the first one where we are not going to be in a tent.

Questions I have :

i) do I need to be on the ball at noon tomorrow, are they expected to sell out in minutes/hours/days?

on the ball

10 minutes ago, sjhopewell said:

ii) I am guessing you need to plump for East or West, what the advantages of each side?  What side would you go for, and why?  We are going to be in a caravan, rather than camper (if that makes any difference)

west is smaller and lower down than East (which has the 'hill of death' to walk to) - i suppose it depends where you would be likely to base yourself, eg late nights at Arcadia, Park, Snagri-La would suggest West. early mornings in Circus & Theatre or kids would suggest East.

Edited by 5co77ie

All things considered, I've decided against buying a plot at Worthy View in 2017. It's tempting, but looking at the aerial shots for the last couple of years, the kind of tent I'd want to get is towards the very back of the entire set up, resulting in a long walk to the gate. I'm also not sure if I'd like the feeling of being 'off-site'. I'm used to camping in the thick of it. I'd prefer the quiet of WV but by the time I pass out, I'm pretty much ready to crash so I've slept through the noise when I've camped before.

I also quite like the very early start on Wednesday morning, the taxi to the Showground and the shuttle to PGA at some ungodly hour, then queueing up for ages. Call me weird, it's just part of the excitement for me. Who doesn't enjoy Christmas Eve?

So, yeah. Tempting, but I'll pass. Now I just need to settle on where to camp.