registration

guypjfreak

should the reg be reopened after oct resale ???  

155 members have voted

1. 1. should glastonbury reopen registration after ticket day

• YES reg should be reopened so the lazy sods can be able to buy tix in resale
    • NO reg should not be reopened allowing people that gave a shit a chance of getting a tix in resale
    • REG reopens but they cant get tix for next glasto BUT at least they get reged up for year after
    • EVERYONE has to reg EVERY year for tix ..no reg..no tix

luck was with us again this year and we have our tickets but i know some people didnt get theres and now with some rumors of some BIG bands that may or maynot play next year i can guarantee that there will be 1000s of people ...RADIOHEAD ,DAFT PUNK ,STONEROSES..fans that will wanting tickets meaning all you lovely people that got your shit together and got your photos postcodes ect and got reged up will have to fight against those buggers that couldnt be bothered and have only done it now so they can see THERE one band ..i think this is wrong ...they have had a year to get there shit together and i dont think they should be able to get tickets in the resale ...just my opinion...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I believe it should be open to all, is that not an integral part of the festivals ethos?

That said however I also feel that @DeanoL is bang on. Those that register late on after rumours seem nailed on and confirmations are made, Only to go on and get tickets at the expense of those who go through the hell of the October T-Day makes me sad and angry in equal measures.

I'm a conflicted person, don't judge me.....

It's a tricky one, I do think that everyone should get a chance to try and get tickets but at the same time the window for registering is really long as it is before the main sale so there shouldn't really be an excuse for not registering 

Edited by Lucy92

12 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Yes, but I'd rather they kept any announcements until after the resale.

Voted yes (sorry Guy old son :P ) but I'm bang on with Deano on this one.  Even if some of the smaller band announcements come out I'd prefer it for the big names to be held back until after resale, even if that means making resale earlier.

You can fill up plenty of threads with the "people who belong at Glastonbury" discussions, but I do prefer the idea of it being full of people who've bought a ticket because they know it's just an amazing place rather than because they like five or so bands that are going to play when there are hundreds of acts over the five days to enjoy.

I prefer to look at it the other way, registration is open all year but closed temporarily during the main sale. Glastonbury are in the business of selling tickets to their festival and to keep it popular, not sure how it would benefit them if they prevented new customers registering for 7 months of the year, that's an extremely poor business model.

Dont buy the big bands being announced thing either. Unless it's a massive heritage act who never tour and have come out of retirement just for Glastonbury, then it's going to be cheaper and easier for any of these bands fans to obtain tickets to see them anywhere else they play. And if these same fans have never registered for, or gone to Glastonbury in the past, why would they care about seeing a band there who they could see more easily and for less money elsewhere?

Granted it might make a bit of a difference, but nowhere near as much as people hype it up to be.

I'd wanted to go to Glastonbury for some time but, not fully understanding just how different it is, had not wanted to go on my own.

December 2009, sitting in a pub and my mate announced his sister in law has bought tickets for his Mrs and him. The next day I registered and a few months later I was lucky enough to nab a ticket in the re-sale.

So... yes, it should reopen, otherwise I would never have started my love affair with the place in 2010.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I voted it should reopen, but to register every year... from next festival. You can't change the rules half way through the process.

Despite my comments I actually voted the same. I feel registration should alway be open, but if you had to re-register every year it would also reward those who are a bit more prepared (despite it being a bit of a ball ache to do every year) That why you ever so slightly appease the registration re-open moaners by rewarding their effort and anybody who really wanted to go would alway remember to register.

I think everyone deserves a chance.

I got my first Glastonbury ticket in 2015, I was asleep and hungover, but a friend got one and I woke up to the news. I had never been to a festival, let alone a camping one. You just don't learn to love Glastonbury until you have been.

Just because someone isn't interested in going pre-October, doesn't mean that if they bag tickets in April, that by the following July post-glasto they aren't on this forum as often as we are talking about great the festival is, and how they vow never to miss another.

Everyone starts somewhere.

(I've bagged tickets every year since, maybe my response would be different if I hadn't...)

I've got to agree with those saying it should stay open. I've been on both sides of it - successful and unsuccessful in the main sale - but I also understand that people's circumstances change. There shouldn't be an "us and them" mentality about Glastonbury, although I get that for a lot there is. 

This is my 6th time of going, next year, and I love the place. However, I only started going in 2011, and think I even only heard of Glastonbury in about 2005. My first time of getting tickets was a bit of a bucket list with the same mates I go with now; I had no idea what to expect or what would happen, a typical newbie.

So, despite the stress and stomach lurches on T day to get tickets for all those in our groups, I'd still allow registration for all to try for tickets, because otherwise, how would I have had the chance in the first place? Sorry Guy.