Friday Opener 2017....

McCor

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Preferred the days when you'd go and watched something different or new 1st thing Friday

Possibly my best opener memory is the Darkness, who were new to me at the time. Bjorn Again were fun too.

Edited by Watergirl

2 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

I'd agree. 

Preferred the days when you'd go and watched something different or new 1st thing Friday (yes, I know you still have that option, but there is a case of missing out syndrome sometimes)

Ive not once had FOMO or cause to regret being elsewhere during the Budget Britpop Breakfast slot.

17 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Possibly my best opener memory is the Darkness, who were new to me at the time. Bjorn Again were fun too.

yes! They wre great - had never heared of them either at the time and we laughed all the way through their set. (The joke wore thin a couple of years later, whenyou realised they weren't even joking!).

"Give me a D, (D!), give me an Arkness.."

Just now, Djb.com said:

Apparently they're really after playing Glastonbury like how Bring Me The Horizon did this year so maybe not as an opener but wouldn't be surprised to see them on the bill

i could see that. if they play third down on Other on the Friday we can officially christen it the 'Friday Other Kerrang! band slot'. i won't settle until every single slot has a name

Just now, Djb.com said:

Apparently they're really after playing Glastonbury like how Bring Me The Horizon did this year so maybe not as an opener but wouldn't be surprised to see them on the bill

Seems odd, I had them down for a R+L co-headline with BMTH actually, after the "rousing success" of Foals and Disclosure this year.

6 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Seems odd, I had them down for a R+L co-headline with BMTH actually, after the "rousing success" of Foals and Disclosure this year.

Yeah so did I. Still could happen but I also wouldn't be surprised to see R&L go for Alt-J/BMTH co headline. They've said on their press days that those are the 3 bands they really want to break through. Feel like we're in the wrong thread haha

1 hour ago, Djb.com said:

Yeah so did I. Still could happen but I also wouldn't be surprised to see R&L go for Alt-J/BMTH co headline. They've said on their press days that those are the 3 bands they really want to break through. Feel like we're in the wrong thread haha

We probably are, haha :lol: best escape before Neil chases us off.

(I reckon BMTH/YMAS, The 1975/Bastille and The Killers...)

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd be surprised if they're not also at Reading and Leeds after their secret set this year, but I also definitely think they'll be at Glastonbury 

I forgot about that (missed it at Leeds).

They both told me they were definitely subbing R&L before & they ended up 3rd below Macklemore.

Perhaps I just bump into them before things are finalized.