Friday Opener 2017....

McCor

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Andrew WK usually gets mentioned each year doesn't he? He'd certainly get things going either the surprise slot or first billed slot. His latest song is pure EDM by numbers though.

Haven't really listened to his stuff since The Wolf, based on which I'd have him doing a late slot on Hell (or whatever we get this year).  Saw him on that tour and it was wonderfully mental.

Will check some of his new stuff as sounds like he's changed a bit,

6 hours ago, White Bear said:

What about Richard Ashcroft? 

Ticks the 'frontman wearing sunglasses even though it's pishing with rain' box and personally can't think of a better way to start the weekend than with a mass sing-a-long to the drugs don't work

And most importantly of all, is northern 

They're kind of halfway to that anyway, aren't they?  I mean, James were officially announced on the lineup anyway, so they've done away with the surprise element.  They are as well giving it up as a nice idea in theory that's never really worked out - presumably due to the bookers not wanting to fritter away a genuinely special booking on an 11am slot - or no good bands wanting to do it.

On 16/10/2016 at 10:18 PM, White Bear said:

Teenage Fanclub would be my pick for it !

Think they would absolutely smash it

They were holed up in a studio by the Clyde a few weeks back and have now extended the pre-Christmas tour to include Feb dates...... Fingers crossed they stay out for some summer festival slots. I agree they would nail it but not sure they would suit this slot.

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

They were holed up in a studio by the Clyde a few weeks back and have now extended the pre-Christmas tour to include Feb dates...... Fingers crossed they stay out for some summer festival slots. I agree they would nail it but not sure they would suit this slot.

I'm a big fan, and think they'd die on their arse.

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I quite like them. Its quirky, catchy, shameless pop music and I am guilty of liking such things.

Meh, no guilt there Easty just not my cuppa.  Think I just find her quite annoying tbh.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm a big fan, and think they'd die on their arse.

Agreed.  Park maybe?

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They should build a motorway over this slot.

I'd agree. 

Preferred the days when you'd go and watched something different or new 1st thing Friday (yes, I know you still have that option, but there is a case of missing out syndrome sometimes)., rather than what is billed as a big deal with being a big band, but in my experience disappoints.