Friday Opener 2017....

McCor

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bollocks. considerably bigger (even on the slight decline they're currently on) than any of the previous Other openers by a long way, and they've just finished their current tour so unlikely they'd be up and active by then anyway (as i assume they'd need to write/release new album before thinking of touring again). just somebody making stuff up for whatever reason

Well somebody posting it in Glasto Chat means it's clearly bollocks (why do people do that? Pretend to strangers that they know stuff about festivals, bizzare. If you're into tricking people online, make it worth your while and do some pyramid selling), but I do think that slot would make sense for Mumford & Sons. It doesn't look like they'll be headlining again at this rate, but their egos wont let them be billed lower, but they love the festival, so secret slots are the only way for them. They did a little one in 2014 (I think), the Other opener would give them the big crowd thing and BBC coverage, and they could pretend they're still big shots.

Hoping for Ocean Colour Scene, but I dont want to get my hopes up too high.

Would be absolutely devastated to camp out all night to get front centre of the rail and they come out and the 1995 incarnation of Chris Evans isn't there interviewing Melinda Messenger.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo