The British and Irish Lions

Franky

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the people who say 'why Go to Glastonbury,with all that is going on,then spend it watching sport?'

It's hardly going to take up up your whole weekend,If you're there for 5 days and spend 2 out of the 120 hours watching sport then I can't see that you've missed huge chunks of stuff going on elsewhere.

Will be going with a Kiwi. I can guarantee he will be watching it whether it is shown at the festival or not. He would pay for a taxi to take him to the nearest pub that is screening it if he has to. And I would put my house on him knowing exactly what the pub/venue would be and that he had called them ahead of time to ensure that it is definitely being shown.

Edited by mjsell

• 3 weeks later...

They will be running a very low key set of tactics and playing basic rugby. I was happy enough with that. Things will progress as the tour goes on and it was nice to see a few of the lads turn in good performances. 

Any news on the glade cafe showing it ? 

19 minutes ago, Franky said:

They will be running a very low key set of tactics and playing basic rugby. I was happy enough with that. Things will progress as the tour goes on and it was nice to see a few of the lads turn in good performances. 

Any news on the glade cafe showing it ? 

I thought that was pretty embarrassing really. Playing a group of amateurs who have been a team for a week and being outplayed for 50mins of the 80 doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Need a massively improved performance on weds to avoid a drubbing

5 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

I thought that was pretty embarrassing really. Playing a group of amateurs who have been a team for a week and being outplayed for 50mins of the 80 doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Need a massively improved performance on weds to avoid a drubbing

If you believe that team have only been playing together for a week that's up to you :) also in order to stand a chance of beating the All Blacks in the tests they are going to have keep almost everything system wise under wraps until game time. 

It's always nice to win every game on tour of course but it's the tests that count. 

It's all a game of chess at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

O well, is it worth a morning walk around the site to see if anywhere is showing the game?

Got three days to work out a back-up plan. I know the Theatre Bar has shown sport previously, albeit it Wimbledon/Euro 2016 off terrestrial.

The worry might be that the hurdle the Glade Bar have been unable to clear with regard to showing it might affect all other bars. Would have thought it being on Sky is a problem.

Reckon I will take a tablet to watch it on via ee 4g. The ee 4g on site is pretty powerful and could easily stream video online last year. Would be nice to see it with a few others but i guess with it being on sky it's a bit harder than previous terristerial showings of footy, tennis etc on the smaller venues.