Metal, rock, alternative 2017

swede

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

TRAIL O' DEAD!

Virtually no chance though. They seem to shun (or are shunned by?) the major UK festivals. I don't think they've even played Reading + Leeds since the first time I went in 2002

These +1. always wanted to see them but never had the chance!

I mentioned this in another topic the other day, but I can see Placebo on the lineup somewhere. Greatest hits tour this winter coming up, along with a hits album. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3D4R9BG81M

Edited by Arcticz Liam

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been out of the rock loop for a while, but I could definitely go for any of

Pearl Jam (c'mon Eavii, you know it makes sense)

Deftones

Reel Big Fish

Pennywise

NOFX

Offspring

Social Distortion

One OK Rock (Japanese band I saw at Download, great fun)

Skindred

SOAD

Alestorm or Hammerfall (for comedy value)

Placebo

Smashing Pumpkins (only if it's the full reunion mind)

22 hours ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes would be great, especially on JP or WG

id echo this, longtime gallows fan....but having seen them with and without, without frank they seem half the act they used to be live, the rattlesnakes have some good tunes anyway but that guy is one of the most intense frontmen of his generation. 

Edited by waterfalls212434

I'd love for Pixies to play again... I keep missing out on opportunities to see them!

NOFX would be awesome, not sure where you would put them though as I always see them as more of a "tent" act rather than open air. 

Or Steel Panther or Baby Metal for fun factor

Pearl Jam as a sub for Radiohead... that sounds awesome to me :D

Edited by gmb1992

40 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I'd love for Pixies to play again... I keep missing out on opportunities to see them!

NOFX would be awesome, not sure where you would put them though as I always see them as more of a "tent" act rather than open air. 

Or Steel Panther or Baby Metal for fun factor

Pearl Jam as a sub for Radiohead... that sounds awesome to me :D

NOFX would smash John Peel!

NIN would be the absolute dream (as long as they didn't play at the same time as Radiohead) but as I said on another thread I don't see it happening. Can't wait for new music though.

Would also love to see Deftones, Tool or A Perfect Circle, Placebo (doing a greatest hits set like their upcoming tour), QOSTA, Pearl Jam. 

11 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

TRAIL O' DEAD!

Virtually no chance though. They seem to shun (or are shunned by?) the major UK festivals. I don't think they've even played Reading + Leeds since the first time I went in 2002

I love em ! 

Seen them loads of times and always brilliant. 

Highlights were them 

Throwing a blown amp into the audience

Stage diving into the audience

Having a right row on stage as they had different set lists , did not know and couldn't understand why they kept getting the start of songs wrong.

• 4 months later...

Gonna bring this back..

having had a quick look here are a few bands that are touring around Glastonbury/have dates free over the weekend:

Alterbridge - in France on the 18th, playing Germany on the Saturday of GF, could they pop up on the pyramid on the Friday? 

Green Day - a la Neil's info, no matter how likely/unlikely 

The Hellacopters - playing Azkena festival in Spain over GF weekend 

On 10/16/2016 at 9:51 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would love to see these up and comers:

Ye Gods, wtf is that? But I do love it!

Imagining a Dragnet style get together in the Avalon field singing and dancing along with our woolly goat leggings on.

Edited by Cooter

12 hours ago, Cooter said:

Ye Gods, wtf is that? But I do love it!

Imagining a Dragnet style get together in the Avalon field singing and dancing along with our woolly goat leggings on.

Ha! What a great reaction. The tales of Angus McFife and the mighty Hoots slaying goblins across the universe. Sadly I think the chances of them playing are zero, but they are great entertainment.