Jump to content
Damy

Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, tensionhead89 said:

Just noticed that Wiki from Ratking is playing Wow! on Sunday night. Might try and catch some of him after Justice. 

yeah I'm gonna try do the same. He's very good live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tensionhead89 said:

Just noticed that Wiki from Ratking is playing Wow! on Sunday night. Might try and catch some of him after Justice. 

I know it's not very likely, but chances of him joining BBK? He was on a That's Not Me remix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like weak hip hop year right? RTJ, amp fiddler (who I cant find on the app), anderson paak, akua naru. Beside those there are only grime. Not that into grime unfortunately.

Sad they couldnt replace tribe if they were supposed to headline friday on west holts..

Any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SweedeP said:

Feels like weak hip hop year right? RTJ, amp fiddler (who I cant find on the app), anderson paak, akua naru. Beside those there are only grime. Not that into grime unfortunately.

Sad they couldnt replace tribe if they were supposed to headline friday on west holts..

Any other suggestions?

Shay D is on Leftfield I think, she's decent. Loyle Carner is on JPT I think as well, I really like his album. Both British, but British Hip-Hop as apposed to Grime, I can see why that might not be what you're not looking for. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If British hip-hop aint your thing Estonia's finest Tommy Cash is on The Blues (video for Winaloto might raise an eyebrow from yourself and those around you but worth checking out if you haven't seen it). Supposed to be incredible live.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just spotted DAM on the line-up - think like a Palestinian Public Enemy.

Thursday night in Pussy Parlure and opening up the JPT on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Mykki Blanco into Princess Nokia. Pussy Parlure, Saturday half midnight onwards. 

ps both longish intros on them videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!

I really dig Loyle Carner but of course he is clashing with RTJ (Still cant understand the schedueling of them). Definitely gonna check out Princess Nokia though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody checked out Brockhampton? If not I highly suggest you do. Rap collective who kind of lamely refer to themselves as a 'boy band' (I guess because one of them is more of a singer than rapper). New album (second this year) just came out and it is straight fire. They have some certified bangers and are probably gonna take off pretty massively soon I'd have thought.

 

Edited by FloorFiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody checked out Brockhampton? If not I highly suggest you do. Rap collective who kind of lamely refer to themselves as a 'boy band' (I guess because one of them is more of a singer than rapper). New album (second this year) just came out and it is straight fire. They have some certified bangers and are probably gonna take off pretty massively soon I'd have thought.

 

yeh been listening to them for a little while now. Do you prefer SATURATION I or II? Only listened to II a couple times so far but think it may grow to become my favourite of the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rhg_99 said:

yeh been listening to them for a little while now. Do you prefer SATURATION I or II? Only listened to II a couple times so far but think it may grow to become my favourite of the two.

Yeah II is sounding pretty fantastic and agree it'll probably become my favourite of the two. Some excellent songs on there. Queer is an absolute banger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah II is sounding pretty fantastic and agree it'll probably become my favourite of the two. Some excellent songs on there. Queer is an absolute banger.

I agree. I know there have been a lot of Odd Future similarities being mentioned but these guys are much better than OF ever were in my opinion. Seem to hold together better as a group, Odd Future were always far too reliant on one or two members. Their records are more consistent too.

Edited by rhg_99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple of goes round on the first one when it came out but it didn't get me that interested. With all the hype I'll give some time to the second one and if that grips me I'll have a crack with the first tape again. They seem nothing like Odd Future except they're a collective and they're getting some buzz, but people are lazy so I'm not surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late listening to it but Rapsody's new record is absolutely outstanding. Recommend to everyone, particularly those of ya who enjoyed her features on Malibu and TPAB.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any of ya'll heard the Johnwayne album that came out back in February? Really solid from start to finish, can definitely see it being high up my AOTY list come December

 

Edited by rhg_99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Posted in the new music thread but belongs here too. Not good.

 

 

Remember when everyone like Eminem because of the good beats and his great flow?

 

Bold choice not implementing them here. The Last 5 seconds happened and I almost got excited but then the song ended. I don't expect anything from him these days and I was still disappointed. Heard better from Macklemore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still shit old sons but hey that shut it blokes doing well in he.. Even on x factor other day. 

Happy weekend all 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×