Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Subbed John Peel in 2014 yeah. I saw Bonobo instead which in hindsight was a big mistake, although I did catch Chance the following week at Wireless, but unfortunately he was midday to a pretty small and uninterested crowd. Would love him to appear but I don't think the tour dates really lend themselves to that unless he announces more European dates in July.

To be honest it was a pretty small crowd back in 2014. He was good, but it was a shame there weren't more people there. Lots has changed for him since though, so if he did play I could easily see him in a late afternoon Other slot to a big crowd.

On 14/02/2017 at 2:08 AM, dentalplan said:

Has anyone called it coke rap since then? :P

Good for them. Not my thing - in fact B&B proper makes me question my grasp on pop culture in 2017 - but that whole scene deserves its day in the sun. Do wonder how big it can take them. Travi$ headlining second stage at Coachella and high up at Bonnaroo is fairly huge so I guess he's in with the best shot of becoming a household name.

Ha, no they have not but the sheer volume of lines about white, stoves and Pyrex on Culture and the whole T-Shirt video marks it down as a direct decendant.

ATL is really having its moment now, it should get a day at (a la Grime last year) at Sonic or Wow! with Metro Boomin, Young Thug, 21 Savage, Future, Migos holding court. If I keep saying it enough maybe it will become a thing.

9 minutes ago, Nduja said:

ATL is really having its moment now, it should get a day at (a la Grime last year) at Sonic or Wow! with Metro Boomin, Young Thug, 21 Savage, Future, Migos holding court. If I keep saying it enough maybe it will become a thing.

Sounds good in theory but I'd imagine an ATL day would cost loads more for glastonbury to book than a grime day.

• 3 weeks later...

Not Glastonbury related (although I wish it was!!) 

Saw this earlier

He better come to the UK!

IMG_2352.PNG

IMG_2353.JPG

Edited by Perks
Sorting the right photo out!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only just noticed that hilltop hoods are playing wireless, lil dicky too! Shiiiit, both are free Glastonbury weekend, chances of a hoods return? Played in 2008. I would buzz off that.

flip! Just seen a tweet saying thier only uk date is wireless! Why oh why?!?

Edited by Perks
To note the tweet id seen

It is, it's also acid inspired.  There's a 3rd wave of acid going on at the moment, much of which is inspired by/discussed by current hip hop.  From chance and RTJ and beyond the messages are there, sometimes coded, sometimes blatant, but there.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It is, it's also acid inspired.  There's a 3rd wave of acid going on at the moment, much of which is inspired by/discussed by current hip hop.  From chance and RTJ and beyond the messages are there, sometimes coded, sometimes blatant, but there.

I know about that - I just didn't notice anything to do with it on the cover is all. :P

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i really hope so man. As as long as he is not opposite radiohead, i will be there.

Despite all my sneering at Radiohead on here, they are a decent band and I'll probably go along and probably enjoy it. But if I miss them for Chance, it probably wouldn't even enter my mind that Radiohead were on at all. Sort of like how it was very difficult to have regrets over missing EWF last year when LCD Soundsystem were slaying it.

You'd hope that in a year where we've got Chance, ATCQ, Frank and RTJ visiting our shores, that the bookers have managed to bag at least one of them. Appreciate Frank is a no no, but if we can get at least one of the others, I'd be happy.

That Parklife lineup is killing me. Has anyone in the over 35 age bracket been to it on here? I might drive down and back for that Sunday.

Just now, Badlands said:

You'd hope that in a year where we've got Chance, ATCQ, Frank and RTJ visiting our shores, that the bookers have managed to bag at least one of them. Appreciate Frank is a no no, but if we can get at least one of the others, I'd be happy.

That Parklife lineup is killing me. Has anyone in the over 35 age bracket been to it on here? I might drive down and back for that Sunday.

I live in manchester and ive been told to avoid by everyone. Though i am seeing frank in barcleona so maybe i can make that choice.

Just now, TiZuff said:

I live in manchester and ive been told to avoid by everyone. Though i am seeing frank in barcleona so maybe i can make that choice.

Yup, that's the general consensus on here, if I go then I'll know what I'm getting myself in for.

Thoughts on Chanel by the way y'all.