Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

Really hoping that a couple of artists from High Focus records will show their faces. Mainly Jam Baxter. I know they don't really fit the vibe of Glasto but I'll keep praying until I get a full poster. 

Edited by Mattty
Added link

6 hours ago, ConorC said:

You realise that people are allowed to enjoy more than one genre of music? I like Pearl Jam. Also, even if people did hate Pearl Jam I think they'd probably be able to contain their hate as opposed to going into the Pearl Jam thread and slagging them every 5 mins.

As for the last bit. I think we'll leave it to Emily Eavis to decide where 'rapcrap's place is at glastonbury shall we?

Ah it's not every five minutes.. Every 5 pages lol.. 

As for pj when and if they ever play there's some lovely people on here that will rip it right out of me.. And I'd expect it after all the times I go on about them.. Lol

I am a bit stuck in my music ways but rap.. Hip..  grime are the one genre of music that I can't get on with.. 

Any way no offence ment I'll fuck off now and leave you to it.. 

I still reckon they should make silver haze the rapcrap tent of the festival... 

6 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

So should we ban every style of music that's had a police presence at gigs? No punk? No metal? No acid house?

No no no but it doesn't make the grime scene look good does it.. It's like the bad old days of rap/hip hop where they were.... The artist...... Getting shot etc....anyway I'm off. 

Peace old sons 

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

No no no but it doesn't make the grime scene look good does it.. It's like the bad old days of rap/hip hop where they were.... The artist...... Getting shot etc....anyway I'm off. 

Peace old sons 

Without wanting to continue on any of this, I kinda will anyway. There are more violent incidents in nightclubs the length and breadth of the country, the Police presence at these nights is down to racial profiling and moral panic and nothing more really. If I slip into my nice cosy hyperbole slippers, Form 696 was and remains an absolute travesty, as ridiculous as the criminal justice bill that put a ban on respective electronic beats, any event that required the promoter to indicate the racial profile of the potential audience has absolutely no place in the modern world tbh.

I completely appreciate you don't like the music, that's fine, I think that some of the language used in your original and subsequent responses, does sound like segregation of a style of music, and it doesn't reflect well. I don't think that was your intention, but it's those sorts of attitudes that have been used in the past to perpetuate a negative image around the scene and it feeds into the psyche of Daily Mail readers up and down the country. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, LST1996 said:

AJ Tracey, Kamakaze, Dave all need sets at glasto this year... check them out if you've not heard of them before

Kamakaze definitely won't get his own set, but a DJ might bring him along. He's great, though. One of the best up-and-comers. AJ has gone well off the boil, though. Pasta was terrible and he's definitely moving towards trap. Dave can be good but its really preachy and I'm just not that into the trap scene.

Edited by OffshoreToon

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Without wanting to continue on any of this, I kinda will anyway. There are more violent incidents in nightclubs the length and breadth of the country, the Police presence at these nights is down to racial profiling and moral panic and nothing more really. If I slip into my nice cosy hyperbole slippers, Form 696 was and remains an absolute travesty, as ridiculous as the criminal justice bill that put a ban on respective electronic beats, any event that required the promoter to indicate the racial profile of the potential audience has absolutely no place in the modern world tbh.

I completely appreciate you don't like the music, that's fine, I think that some of the language used in your original and subsequent responses, does sound like segregation of a style of music, and it doesn't reflect well. I don't think that was your intention, but it's those sorts of attitudes that have been used in the past to perpetuate a negative image around the scene and it feeds into the psyche of Daily Mail readers up and down the country. 

A I don't read any papers cos there full of shite. 

B I suppose because it's in written text you nor I nor anyone can tell how some things are ment.. If we were in a field we'd be laughing all the while calling each other w*nkers along with slating each other's music... If this was not so then your not the sort of person I'd talk to... 

C I didn't say what the police are doing is right its not but they are so it's true and you can't argue with the truth. 

D maybe we'll meet some time and take the piss out of life cos sometimes that's Wot you have to do.. G

55 minutes ago, leggy91 said:

2 Listens into All-Amerikkkan Bada$$ by Joey Bada$$ and loving it.. This is what I expected his previous album to be like.

Anyone else given it a bash?

Also buzzing for the new Kendrick this Friday :)

I haven't yet, but I liked the last record. This new one is getting good reviews - will get myself a copy.

Stoked for Kendrick on Friday. Happy Easter everyone!

58 minutes ago, leggy91 said:

2 Listens into All-Amerikkkan Bada$$ by Joey Bada$$ and loving it.. This is what I expected his previous album to be like.

Anyone else given it a bash?

Also buzzing for the new Kendrick this Friday :)

Yeah. It seems to be in two fairly different halves doing two different things and not quite sealing the deal on either so it's not the great album I was perhaps unreasonably expecting. But - aside from the truly awful Devastated - I fuck with all these songs. Especially Babylon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited to see a little but more hip hop on the bill so far this year

From what I understand last year was quite good for Grime but no matter how many times I try i just can't get on board with Grime 

Looking forward to Run The Jewels, they were brilliant in 2015 and the new album is great so I'm expecting a good show 

Loyle Carner is also high on my list, saw him support Kate Tempest a few years ago, he was good, saw him in the BBC Introducing tent 2015 he was really good, now his album is out and he's been doing a lot more shows I can't wait to see how good he is now 

And of course I'm delighted to see Kate Tempest back on the poster, she's always a great act to watch

I'd love to see some of the acts from the Rhymsayers label to come on over, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Sa-Rock and P.O.S especially