Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Well I wasn't expecting that, but excellent news nonetheless! Unless another festival has nabbed them on an exclusive they've got to be a decent contender for a WH headline slot one night surely? Glasto seems like the most ideal festival for them in the UK 

Aye, I don't see them doing it for the money, but could be wrong. WH would be perfect for them I rate, Sunday preferably. Maybe subbing it on the Friday. The Friday hip hop slot's pretty much dead now isn't it? Skepta was midday last year and can't think if anyone did it the year before.

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Aye, I don't see them doing it for the money, but could be wrong. WH would be perfect for them I rate, Sunday preferably. Maybe subbing it on the Friday. The Friday hip hop slot's pretty much dead now isn't it? Skepta was midday last year and can't think if anyone did it the year before.

Mary J Blige kind of did it the year before although obviously not your traditional hip-hop act (did have Kanye headlining though so maybe only one is allowed per year...). it still exists though, and i guess ATCQ could be a contender (although a WH headline slot would obviously do them much better, although for the sake of clashes, i'd take the Pyramid set in a heartbeat)

Have to agree with most commenting. ATCQ on the Sunday night vs the Foos would be the best way to end the festival.

Nightmare scenario would see them up against Radiohead on the Friday night, but if they subbed it on the Fri, then that could potentially be one of the best sub+head combos I've ever seen.

Make it happen Eavaiiiii!!!!!!!

Also, can't see them doing any exclusives. If it's the last tour ever and a world tour at that, they'd be playing in so many places and such huge venues, they'd rack up a shit ton of cash regardless

Edited by Cornelius_Fudge

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

That would be really difficult cos Kraftwerk are at the Royal Albert Hall on the Friday night! Think they're more likely to take a break and play the Sunday night

:rolleyes::lol:

Id like to see ATCQ, Justice and Radiohesd if they were all to play, that's that fucked 

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think The Roots are touring with Usher. :blink:

Don't think that would matter?

26 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

I'd be all over ATCQ on the Sunday! Only getting a Sunday ticket (if succesful) this year, so would be perfect. Their new album is unbelievable, so much better than i expected. Anyone reckon they'd bring Busta along with them? Not usually a massive fan of his, but he sounds decent on this album.

I would've thought so. He's very much a part of/an extension of the group.

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Had tickets to see Chance this Saturday in Manchester, absolutely gutted that he cancelled the rest of his tour. Got some making up to do after that!

Is he not a bit too big for WH though? High Other my guess.

He could headline it but I think a daytime Pyramid slot or, as you say, high Other would be more appropriate. The bookers of the cancelled shows say he's back next year so maybe that's him doing summer shows.

I think his music has got a bit boring since finding Jesus but it's his life and I'd love to see him do well.

3 mixtapes, 10 day, acid rap and colouring book.  For my money Acid rap is the classic work.  Each represents a different aspect of his growing up, from schoolboy rebel to teen experimentation through to fatherhood.  Shitload of collab work as well.

This is my go to record when I'm tripping, I'd recommend it for about the 2 hour mark.  

• Upvote 1