Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Pardon the en em me link, but looks like hip hop royalty may be heading to the farm...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/will-smith-and-jazzy-jeff-for-glastonbury-2017-1855548

I'm not even being completely sarcastic.

Would love this, not even ashamed of the cheese. Summertime, Fresh Prince Theme, Nightmare On My Street. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Pardon the en em me link, but looks like hip hop royalty may be heading to the farm...

http://www.nme.com/news/music/will-smith-and-jazzy-jeff-for-glastonbury-2017-1855548

I'm not even being completely sarcastic.

Jesus Christ. I remember getting ridiculed all through my years at secondary school for having Jazzy Jeff/Fresh Prince/Big Willie CDs, but if this was to happen I'd be fucking there with bells on

• Upvote 1

On 13/11/2016 at 10:08 PM, Alex DeLarge said:

I've already posted Pearl Jam's hip-hop track right?

I do believe they did do something silly with JZ didn't they the silly buggers lol 

Pillock...... No need Badlands it was just in my head and something I'm quite passionate about and it could have been on any thread 

On a different note my daughter is a big Eminem fan so what's the chance of him playing.. I've told her if he is playing anywhere it'll be V or TinPark or Isle of Wight cos that's where the money will be.. Just my thoughts I may add 

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

On a different note my daughter is a big Eminem fan so what's the chance of him playing.. I've told her if he is playing anywhere it'll be V or TinPark or Isle of Wight cos that's where the money will be.. Just my thoughts I may add 

Yeah the chances are pretty much zero, he'd not want TV coverage, wouldn't take the lower pay and they don't exactly want someone like Eminem there after Emily got death threats for booking Kanye. Tell her he's probably touring next year though, I think he's getting a new album out.

6 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

I love it too. I really think Donald Glover is a genius. I was a fan of his comedy before he started releasing music. His new show Atlanta is so good

I didn't even put one and one together until I read your comment and went straight to the 'about' section on Spotify. The guy's talented to say the least. Can't believe it's the same guy from The Mystery Team

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Jesus Christ. I remember getting ridiculed all through my years at secondary school for having Jazzy Jeff/Fresh Prince/Big Willie CDs, but if this was to happen I'd be fucking there with bells on

I knew I learnt all the words to He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper for a reason. 

I'd be very happy with a jazzy jeff set to be fair, guys a pro no matter what anyone says

Just now, priest17 said:

I knew I learnt all the words to He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper for a reason. 

I'd be very happy with a jazzy jeff set to be fair, guys a pro no matter what anyone says

Yeah, true. I'd probably see him regardless, but if they reunited for Glasto and played their hits then it would have the potential to create a huge crowd and a big party.

Nice find!

8 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I can't think of an artist in hip-hop that has matured as much this decade as Gambino, how did he go from generic 'I'm not like other rappers!' tripe to this gorgeous, strange Funkadelic influenced sound? Bloody marvellous. 

Yeah that's a point for his whole career. Despite loving the show, I didn't really rate him much in Community and a lot of Gambino stuff I felt was clearly an actor's rap career, but Atlanta is tremendous and his music is obviously taking a really good turn too. As you say, roll on the big movie roles.

16 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Off to see Danny Brown tomorrow, Atrocity Exhibition is quickly becoming my album of the year.

Saw him last Friday, brilliant! Only played a couple off the new album towards the end though (was only a 45 min set so maybe you'll have more luck).

Also one of my mates dislocated their arm (he's 6'4). So be prepared for a lot of madness.

19 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Saw him last Friday, brilliant! Only played a couple off the new album towards the end though (was only a 45 min set so maybe you'll have more luck).

yeah its strange that he's only playing a couple off the new one. Hoping he does more when I see him in Brighton on Thursday. Looks like he won't though based on  the recent setlists.

Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff are now listed in the Line Up rumours under R, which is the first step in a glorious step on the Pyramid I'm guessing.

As much as I think JJ is quality at what he does, without Will Smith, I reckon he'd only be on Silver Hayes or Arcadia later on. Given that WS is a pretty big film star I reckon they would have to be on midday Pyramid, then JJ can always DJ at Acradia or in the SE Corner later on in the evening

On 15/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, Alex DeLarge said:

Yeah the chances are pretty much zero, he'd not want TV coverage, wouldn't take the lower pay and they don't exactly want someone like Eminem there after Emily got death threats for booking Kanye. Tell her he's probably touring next year though, I think he's getting a new album out.

cheers old son ..that's sort of what I thought although I have to say even I think he's 100 times better than that Kanye geezer lol....I'd even watch him lol .

thanks again 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, ConorC said:

Also one of my mates dislocated their arm (he's 6'4). So be prepared for a lot of madness.

WHP? I was there too, thought Really Doe was incredible.

21 hours ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

This and Black America Again are head and shoulders above any other hip-hop release this year in my opinion. I'm stunned.

They are, but I was in so much danger of listening to nothing else all year, I've put them to one side for a week and gone back to other hip hop releases I've enjoyed throughout the year. 

Today I'm all about Kamaiyah's A Good Night in the Ghetto and Denzel Curry's Imperial.

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

They are, but I was in so much danger of listening to nothing else all year, I've put them to one side for a week and gone back to other hip hop releases I've enjoyed throughout the year. 

Today I'm all about Kamaiyah's A Good Night in the Ghetto and Denzel Curry's Imperial.

They've put me in a old school hip-hop heaven. 2 of my favourite artists from the genre. They'll see me through until something else drops that I like, probably not until the new year.

22 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I wanna see everyone's fingers crossed for the foreseeable future - no excuses! Possible tribe tour... http://pitchfork.com/news/69884-q-tip-on-tribe-called-quest-this-is-our-last-record-and-well-probably-do-a-world-tour/?mbid=social_twitter

Well I wasn't expecting that, but excellent news nonetheless! Unless another festival has nabbed them on an exclusive they've got to be a decent contender for a WH headline slot one night surely? Glasto seems like the most ideal festival for them in the UK