Hip Hop, Rap, Grime 2017

Damy

6 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Danny Brown was truly terrible when I saw him in 2014 (not at Glastonbury). Has he got better live? 

whattttttt!? i was off my nut so that may have contributed but he was one of my favourite sets of the weekend - the crowd where i was was just so hyped and i loved every minute of it

edit: oh wait you said not at Glastonbury. yeah i thought he was ace at Glastonbury, but maybe he was having an off day when you saw him

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

whattttttt!? i was off my nut so that may have contributed but he was one of my favourite sets of the weekend - the crowd where i was was just so hyped and i loved every minute of it

I think you misread my post haha. I said not at Glastonbury. I didn't go in 2014, but I saw him that same summer and was massively disappointed 

Agree with everything here so far, I was pretty late on Aesop Rock's latest, did I miss him last year? He'd be good I reckon. Only listened trough the album once after discovering it yesterday but Swet Shop Boys would be alright. Young Fathers are always welcome in my book.

49 minutes ago, Mme Chevalier said:

Lady Leshurr and Vince Staples were two of my highlights last year, and RTJ the year before... can see De La Soul doing a West Holts stint too which would be good... I do wonder if Kendrick/Joey/A$ap  ask for too much $ though... was surprised not to see Kendrick last year

The thing with Kendrick is I'm sure  whoever books Glastonbury knows he's a headliner in the making, after Jay Z and Kanye he's the only rapper out there who could headline. 

Therefore I think Glastonbury know anything but a headline slot would be a waste, as if he plays sub or headlines the other stage they'd have to wait a while to have him back to headline the pyramid 

Had my first exposure to Trim from Jimmy Blake's set this year, loved his album so would love to see him do a his own set also.

Does it seem to anybody else that Nas has played like every UK fest apart from Glastonbury in the last few years? Get to Glastonbury, Nas.

It's been said a few times, but it's a barren wasteland of hip-hop most of the time at G. While it's obviously a different type of festival, I do often look on enviously at some of the acts they book at Parklife. Just the acts mind, not the festival.

Would like to see Busta Rhymes, Missy, Earl Sweatshirt, Childish Gambino, The Roots, Lupe again, Ghostface, and Paak. Especially Paak though, I reckon Malibu is probably my album of the year.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Trim's album was really interesting, I'm not sure how well it would work live but I'd love to see him regardless.

Yeah, the sort of production on that thing is going to be difficult to produce live without a pretty expensive setup, but for me he's a good enough MC to be a decent proposition without it.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oh, I see. Well in my defence, 2013 was fucking ages ago, and who even goes to The Sonic stage? And it was during prime get-yourself-a-Stones-spot time, so obviously I missed that. Well thought he'd play a higher slot than that though, odd.

Oh aye it was a ridiculously good get for Silver Hayes, but up against a ridiculously good get for the festival itself. I hear it was packed and the sound was shit though so we probably chose the right 'greatest'. Coming back with a new record and playing on John Peel or something would be fantastic.

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh aye it was a ridiculously good get for Silver Hayes, but up against a ridiculously good get for the festival itself. I hear it was packed and the sound was shit though so we probably chose the right 'greatest'. Coming back with a new record and playing on John Peel or something would be fantastic.

Was he doing an Illmatic set then? He was doing them round about that time I think