Secret sale

deejaybee

Hi all!

Sorry if this has been asked before! Just curious as to how the secret sales work, and if there's any chance they'll have them this year? Do you keep an eye on the forums typically or on the seetickets page? Also how early do they occur? Sorry for the silly question :wacko:

19 minutes ago, deejaybee said:

Hi all!

Sorry if this has been asked before! Just curious as to how the secret sales work, and if there's any chance they'll have them this year? Do you keep an eye on the forums typically or on the seetickets page? Also how early do they occur? Sorry for the silly question :wacko:

The secret sales will be in May next year.

The next tickets sale will be later April and will be announced in advance.

After that secret sales don't normally get announced and can just happen without notice. Keep an eye on here nearer the time and you will see lots of people doing nothing else but checking to see if the booking page is live. Last year that included me and I was only trying for a friend!

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The secret sales will be in May next year.

The next tickets sale will be later April and will be announced in advance.

After that secret sales don't normally get announced and can just happen without notice. Keep an eye on here nearer the time and you will see lots of people doing nothing else but checking to see if the booking page is live. Last year that included me and I was only trying for a friend!

Ahhh thanks for your reply! Do you know how long they typically last? 

there will be an official resale of tickets in April. 

Any secret reslae will be between then and the festival.  Glue yourself to these boards between april and June, and you'll have an approximately 30 second window to get any...  Here's the secret resale thread from this year... click to feel the pain and desperation http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/192126-secret-resales/?page=1

Edited by funkyuk

1 hour ago, funkyuk said:

Any secret reslae will be between then and the festival.  Glue yourself to these boards between april and June, and you'll have an approximately 30 second window to get any...  Here's the secret resale thread from this year... click to feel the pain and desperation http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/192126-secret-resales/?page=1

Oh god, that's brutal! I don't think I'll be able to swing it under that kind of pressure! 

Do you know how great the chances are of getting tickets in the official resale as opposed to the secret one then? Loads of my friends (addendum: some) have gotten tickets that way, so I'm optimistic (perhaps foolishly so...)

Edited by deejaybee

16 hours ago, deejaybee said:

Do you know how great the chances are of getting tickets in the official resale as opposed to the secret one then? Loads of my friends (addendum: some) have gotten tickets that way, so I'm optimistic (perhaps foolishly so...)

I think that's like one of those how long is a piece of string questions. It's certainly possible; I've got them in April re-sale before.  But equally not guaranteed.  I found I had to be organised and get others to try for me too to increase my chances.

21 hours ago, deejaybee said:

Oh god, that's brutal! I don't think I'll be able to swing it under that kind of pressure! 

Its all a game of numbers.  Have all your party available and online and as many friends as you can trying for tickets on resale day.  I've been successful in resales (mainly for friends) at least 4 times.  Last year I wasn't, but managed to swing a Job at the festival.  Good luck!

secret resale last year was a bitter pill to swallow... was so on the ball with alerts set up and never leaving the computer - false alerts going off all week but was there every time, was certain I'd be able to pick up tickets when they eventually went up.

then it was all over so quickly - was right on it when they went on sale, then bam they're all gone by the time i hit the button to pay, weeks worth of preparation and nerves all over in under 30 seconds

definitely went through the 5 stages of grief that day...

so yeah, if you value your sanity, my advice would be not to pin much hope or expectation if it comes down to the secret resale!

On 10/13/2016 at 3:24 PM, funkyuk said:

hahaha thank you for reminding me of that thread. It makes me weep. 

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

The secret resales are brutal. You have to dedicate your life to them and even then it doesn't always pay off.

reading through that secret resales thread brought back so many memories of pain ha! 

tell me about it!