Wednesday night recommendations

Skoo

Last couple of Glastos, I've spent the Wednesday evening either up the stone circle or above the Park watching the fireworks.

I'd like to do something different this year, and avoid the Park if possible which gets a bit crowded.

What do you all do on Wednesday evening?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have usually crashed out Wednesday afternoon and then just go for a wander Wednesday night. We usually wind up in the bar up at the acoustic tent and the last couple of years has seen us drinking (and getting pissed on) mead in a little organic wine place.

Definitely head to Block 9/NYC Downlow - it's usually open by Wednesday night with little fanfare, so very easy to get to and not as busy!

Lets year the hubby and I went for a posh dinner at The Rocket Lounge at about 6.30 (you can book on their website once it's announced). A band started playing soon after we started eating so we stayed in there all night - was great fun.

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Distributed flamingos then silent disco at chameleon bar

Ha, I saw a flamingo on the floor in the Rocket Lounge. Kept hold of it for a while, then saw a couple of guys walk in with fantastic sparkly jackets. I donated it to them as I thought it would go well with their attire - they were well pleased. I saw him hours later giving it a hug. Lovely Glasto memory :)

Ridge and Furrow is a great place to go as mentioned above by Tommy.

Decent music and a good number of benches outside for a chill, smoke & chat with friends.

Wednesday is the best day of the festival by far for me.

This year I lost my self around 9pm so don't remember much but have a vague recollection of being in the latino place until the early hours.

Wednesday is mooch-about night. Try and explore as much of the site as possible in the south and east, see what's new, etc. Finish at the Stonebridge. Turned in earlier than usual this year thanks to the 14 hour journey from London, arriving at 6:30am and getting an hour's sleep before walking on to the site that morning. Hoping for an easier trip in next year...

Took us 16 hours to get in this year. So set up just as the fireworks were going off.

Met my mates in the beat hotel then I think we went brothers because I have to have a pint on Wednesday. Rocket lounge i think. Did a little tour of all the little venues in Shangri La then silent disco at charmeleon bar.

Wednesday and Thursday are easily the best days

Everyone will go even earlier this year to avoid those queues I reckon. Expect the 16 hour queue to begin at 10pm on the Tuesday in 2017...

They might as well just ban cars basically and put the money into a decent shuttle service from all the nearby towns and stations.

Edited by Pinhead