Worthy view Accomodation

CeriG

So, after 5 years of trying we have finally bagged those golden tickets :-o :-o

Just wondering if it's worth paying out for Accomodation at worthy view? 

Reasons why we are edging that way....

1) it may take another 5 years and let's make the most of it.

2) the showers and a bit more sleep are appealing, along with being smack next door to the car park.

3) we won't be able to arrive till Thursday lunch so no need to worry about missing out on spots and planting ourselves next to the bogs.

There will be 4 of us so looking at either getting a bell tent between us all.... Or getting 2x bellepads 

Anyone experienced either? And advice on which to go for? Also advice on worthy view itself?? Only negative I can see is "The hill of hell" and being a bit of a treck to the pyramid.

Any Glasto-expert advice greatly received :-D

Ive never stayed at WV myself but from what Ive heard the showers dont often work or they have a huge queue and you may still be staying in a tent next to a load of noisy dickheads, so sleep is no guarantee either.  You'll get just a good a nights sleep in some of the outer camping fields which are no further a trek from the action.  

The car is nearer,  and yes carrying stuff is a pain, but not impossible if you are reasonably fit  (I'm 5 stone overweight, nearly 50 and still ok doing it).  I personally think this one small benefit is not worth the money, but obviously you might think differently.  Hope you enjoy your first festival! 

worth it for these alone

2) the showers and a bit more sleep are appealing, along with being smack next door to the car park.

3) we won't be able to arrive till Thursday lunch so no need to worry about missing out on spots and planting ourselves next to the bogs.

also - showers are great. yes there is a hill. 

7 hours ago, bexj said:

Ive never stayed at WV myself but from what Ive heard the showers dont often work or they have a huge queue and you may still be staying in a tent next to a load of noisy dickheads, so sleep is no guarantee either.  You'll get just a good a nights sleep in some of the outer camping fields which are no further a trek from the action.  

The car is nearer,  and yes carrying stuff is a pain, but not impossible if you are reasonably fit  (I'm 5 stone overweight, nearly 50 and still ok doing it).  I personally think this one small benefit is not worth the money, but obviously you might think differently.  Hope you enjoy your first festival! 

Disagree with this. Never had an issue with the showers and both times iv been to WV there has been no noisy dickheads. Very chilled in WV. 

We use it as we drive from Scotland, generally don't get to the fetival until late Thursday so don't want to spen ages finding a space to put a tent up.

16 hours ago, CeriG said:

So, after 5 years of trying we have finally bagged those golden tickets :-o :-o

Just wondering if it's worth paying out for Accomodation at worthy view? 

Reasons why we are edging that way....

1) it may take another 5 years and let's make the most of it.

There will be 4 of us so looking at either getting a bell tent between us all.... Or getting 2x bellepads 

Anyone experienced either? And advice on which to go for? Also advice on worthy view itself?? Only negative I can see is "The hill of hell" and being a bit of a treck to the pyramid.

Any Glasto-expert advice greatly received :-D

Car park is basically at the entrance so no long walks required. Take the esentialls for the first day then nip out on Friday morning to get the rest of your stuff for the weekend.

Iv booked the 2 man tent the last few years. It's big enough for 3 but comfortable for 2. 

We do the same and arrive on Thursday early afternoon. There is still a que to get in but nothing worth crying about. Once you are in you check in and there are workers there to help you to your tent with wheel barrows. 

Showers, just get up early (7am) and walk straight in. You can then go back for a few hours kip.

Take a decent back pack for your drinks/clothing/food for the festival as WV is at the top of the hell and can be sore on the legs. 

It's a luxuary no doubt but if you can afford it why not.

This is it. On last years prices it would be £140 each for 4 of us. I can't get there on the wednesday because of childcare, so don't want to be stressing for a spot on the Thursday. 

Think we are going to go for it.

just wondering also... Do they sell out very fast? Or I need to be on see tickets as soon as sale starts like with the general tickets? 

22 hours ago, CeriG said:

This is it. On last years prices it would be £140 each for 4 of us. I can't get there on the wednesday because of childcare, so don't want to be stressing for a spot on the Thursday. 

Think we are going to go for it.

just wondering also... Do they sell out very fast? Or I need to be on see tickets as soon as sale starts like with the general tickets? 

They do sell out fast, 2-3 man scout tents are last to sell but all choices do pop up again at varying times due to cancellations etc. One thing to note is that full payment must be made at time of booking (no deposit system) so be prepared for that. Sale is usually end of Oct (at least it has been last few years) on a Monday at 12pm.

On 13/10/2016 at 1:40 PM, Battlescar said:

Hi. We're looking at WV this year after 10 years of general camping. 

How easy is it getting in on Wednesday and leaving the car park on Monday compared to the pink car parks?

We stayed in WV this year and we arrived at 10am Wednesday morn, after we passed all the bad traffic going into the  normal car parks we drove straight in no problems and drove straight out again about 9.30 Monday morning. 

I went to glasto in 2015 and stayed at WV. super easy!!

drove straight in on Wednesday lunchtime

No problems with showers or toilets

No noise from other campers  

The hill is a shock... but by the end of the weekend I'd got used to it.

I'm going again this year and will be staying again, with any luck

I cancelled my Worthy View tent last year late on and got a refund, the people I'm going with this year are keen to go in it so if we manage to get the tents in there sorted, whats the situation regarding getting into worthy view and the festival itself? Some of my group are keen smokers, do you get searched going into worthy view or searched entering the festival itself from the worthy view access point?or both?

11 hours ago, Hacky said:

I cancelled my Worthy View tent last year late on and got a refund, the people I'm going with this year are keen to go in it so if we manage to get the tents in there sorted, whats the situation regarding getting into worthy view and the festival itself? Some of my group are keen smokers, do you get searched going into worthy view or searched entering the festival itself from the worthy view access point?or both?

First entry into WV you get searched just as you do when entering the festival (if they deem you worthy enough to search). They seemed more interested in making sure we didn't have any glass to be honest. Then walking down to the main site we (my brother and I) got searched on first entry into the site, after that not at all. 

Stayed there in 2013 and it was OK but wouldn't hurry back there. Much better inside IMHO. Would recommend you use the lock ups in pennards (by tepee area) as you come down the hill (they were a godsend). The hill is a pain so make sure you have all of your stuff with you for the day/night.

Getting in and out is fairly easy with little of no queuing. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do and have a good one:D 

On 10/17/2016 at 5:33 PM, strangetown said:

Would recommend you use the lock ups in pennards (by tepee area) as you come down the hill (they were a godsend)....so make sure you have all of your stuff with you for the day/night. 

Top tip! I've stayed at WV for past 3 years.

Love the closeness of the car park and the fact you can have a shower (I've never had an issue with them and the queue goes down quickly). It's also closer to the parts of the site I spend most of my time in - WH, Green Fields, Glade, Park - than where we used to camp in Spring Ground & Hitchin Hill. But, it does require some planning as it's not so easy/convenient to pop back to your tent during the day, so DO leave stuff you think you might need in the Pennards lock up (e.g. wellies if it's sunny).

There's also minimal (if any) queues to get in on Wednesday and out on Sunday night/Monday morning.

Enjoy your first fest xx

On 10/16/2016 at 9:29 PM, Hacky said:

They had a quick look in our bags when coming into worthy view last year but I think that was more to check for glass bottles ect.

When walking down to the main site I was searched 3 times - but others were not searched at all.. I must have one of those faces -_-

On 21/10/2016 at 10:56 AM, phillyfaddle said:

Top tip! I've stayed at WV for past 3 years.

Love the closeness of the car park and the fact you can have a shower (I've never had an issue with them and the queue goes down quickly). It's also closer to the parts of the site I spend most of my time in - WH, Green Fields, Glade, Park - than where we used to camp in Spring Ground & Hitchin Hill. But, it does require some planning as it's not so easy/convenient to pop back to your tent during the day, so DO leave stuff you think you might need in the Pennards lock up (e.g. wellies if it's sunny).

There's also minimal (if any) queues to get in on Wednesday and out on Sunday night/Monday morning.

Enjoy your first fest xx

Agree - searched (in a token way!) on entry for glass really. Never been searched going through Pennard gate, they just check bands really

40 minutes ago, CeriG said:

We got a 4 man bell tent today in the sale. Over excited. Just dreading the hill of hell now ;-D

Me too (3 actually!) 4th year running. Only go down once a day and use lock ups, the hill is 7 mins of cardio up the steps but strummerville gives a rest stop before that.

1 hour ago, Becks12 said:

I was thoroughly searched on the way into WV, they even had my sleeping bag out. Not sure what they were looking for! They were searching everyone like that, was mid afternoon on weds.

I wasn't searched once on my way onto site though.

Got there tea time Wednesday and they just opened the top of a couple of bags 

2 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Me too (3 actually!) 4th year running. Only go down once a day and use lock ups, the hill is 7 mins of cardio up the steps but strummerville gives a rest stop before that.

I'm slightly worried now what bell tent we will get after realising that the new one they have has exactly the same description on the website. We want the white one not the new one. 

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

I'm slightly worried now what bell tent we will get after realising that the new one they have has exactly the same description on the website. We want the white one not the new one. 

Am hoping 4 man bell tent is the traditional one we usually have and 'Glastonbury bell' is new one. Happy with either though as seem to be same size. I quite like the central pole TBH to hang bits on. I wonder where they'll put the new ones.

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Am hoping 4 man bell tent is the traditional one we usually have and 'Glastonbury bell' is new one. Happy with either though as seem to be same size. I quite like the central pole TBH to hang bits on. I wonder where they'll put the new ones.

Yes it is! We're in a bell tent again (yay!!), the new one was clearly labelled "Glastonbury Bell Tent", as opposed to "Bell Tent". Made extra certain to check that one as easily screwed up in all the excitement. Lol x

2 hours ago, CeriG said:

Check your confirmation email. If it just says "bell tent" without the "Glastonbury" prefix, it'll be the white one xx