Folk, Country, Americana at Glastonbury 2017

TheSheriff

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristofferson defo got the material. Saw him in Cardiff a couple of years back mind and he was so far past it it was embarrassing. Forgetting words, mumbling etc. At one point he launched into a mouth organ solo in a song before stopping and saying "Wait - thats not in this one" and then carrying on singing.

Worth seeing - but keep expectations low.

32 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Kristofferson defo got the material. Saw him in Cardiff a couple of years back mind and he was so far past it it was embarrassing. Forgetting words, mumbling etc. At one point he launched into a mouth organ solo in a song before stopping and saying "Wait - thats not in this one" and then carrying on singing.

Worth seeing - but keep expectations low.

I was reading as Rolling Stone interview from last year with him just this morning, there were concerns he may have had the onset of Alzheimer's or dementia, treatments weren't working, however a doctor suggested Lyme's disease, which was diagnosed, and apparently now he is much improved!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kris-kristofferson-an-outlaw-at-80-20160606

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I was reading as Rolling Stone interview from last year with him just this morning, there were concerns he may have had the onset of Alzheimer's or dementia, treatments weren't working, however a doctor suggested Lyme's disease, which was diagnosed, and apparently now he is much improved!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/kris-kristofferson-an-outlaw-at-80-20160606

Thats good to hear. In that case - I'll be there

1 hour ago, Harry49 said:

Not sure Pyramid is the right stage for him now. Of course he is a big enough name but judging on those videos a high up acoustic set may be better. See Art G last year.

Think it will be around the same slot that Willie Nelson played in 2010, which worked pretty well for Willie.... Think I would rather see Kris on the Acoustic Stage

Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing Kris playing too, some great numbers he's played and written, maybe even good to see some of those others joining him for duets, followed by a vampire Blade dance number at the end. He was good in that too.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GimpSquadObvious said:

Bill Callahan is doing a London residency in May. Tickets available here:

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/artist/bill-callahan-tickets/86303

Thursday and Friday are sold out, but four gigs on Saturday/Sunday still available.

I'm going Saturday evening :D

Oooh lovely. Can we expect new material? I love Dream River, but haven't heard much else. Criminal really. Where's the best place to start with my Callahan education?

18 minutes ago, GimpSquadObvious said:

Bill Callahan is doing a London residency in May. Tickets available here:

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/artist/bill-callahan-tickets/86303

Thursday and Friday are sold out, but four gigs on Saturday/Sunday still available.

I'm going Saturday evening :D

I'm going Friday. Never seen him, or been to Hoxton Hall, very exciting.

4 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Oooh lovely. Can we expect new material? I love Dream River, but haven't heard much else. Criminal really. Where's the best place to start with my Callahan education?

'Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle' is closest to Dream River, or 'Apocalypse' is colder and starker - both great.  Although there's loads of his old Smog stuff I've still to explore.

19 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Don't know whether it's been mentioned on here, but Aimee Mann has a new album out in February called 'Mental Illness' and the single from it is really promising. Would love to see her on the farm. Early afternoon at the Acoustic would be ideal.

Oh yes, she's a total fave of mine, it would be a dream come true for her to be there this year. Acoustic stage built for the likes of the wonderful Aimee.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Old Crow Medicine Show are playing Manchester on the Sat and Glasgow on the Sun, so a possibility for the Fri (they regularly play multiple nights on the bounce).

OCMS are playing the whole of Dylan's Blonde on Blonde album on this tour.  I'd definitely consider wandering along to see them.