Must Do's At Glasto??

oo7tk

So being my first year going to Glasto and very excited already im wondering what are the must do's and places I'll need to see.... 

Going to try get in nice and early on Wednesday and see as much of it as I can when I'm eager and not hungover..  Maybe use Wednesday and Thursday to see as much as I can besides the stages and leave them for the weekend..

Thanks 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oo7tk said:

So being my first year going to Glasto and very excited already im wondering what are the must do's and places I'll need to see.... 

Going to try get in nice and early on Wednesday and see as much of it as I can when I'm eager and not hungover..  Maybe use Wednesday and Thursday to see as much as I can besides the stages and leave them for the weekend..

Thanks 

Go up the hill to the Glastonbury sign without turning around until you are at the top.

Use Wednesday and Thursday to take a leisurely walk around as much of the site as you can. And when I say leisurely, I mean stopping every hour or so to play cards and have a chat with anyone that happens to be around you. With added cider and/or red wine/gin/captain morgans.

Edited by Cornelius_Fudge

Wednesday and Thursday are great for exploring, but don't go crazy and burn yourself out, just take your time and soak it all in. Also accept you won't get to see and do it all. 

I like to start the festival by walking up to the Glastonbury sign at the top of the park, sit down and watch the site for a little while. Strummerville is always a must as well! Nothing better than sitting around the big campfire they have! 

Act wise, Craig Charles funk and soul DJ set is a massive must see, always brilliant! 

My best times at Glastonbury have been spent just wandering around with no set plan and seeing what occurs....don't restrict yourself by planning to see loads of bands/ acts.

As others have said, the sign on top of the hill by The Park is a wonderful place to go first. Take a few tinnies/ spliffs up with you, chill and soak up the view. I love ambling  round the Green Fields too - wonderul restorative place when you're feeling a bit jaded. Love it around Avalon too, but not really at it's best this year due to mud.

Enjoy your first time!

Just to buck the trend here....

Every year theres a gaggle of people saying "no don't look back yet, don't look back yet" to their mates. The worst part is their friends faces when they get to the top. A mixture of being very impressed by the view but also trying to fake that they're very very impressed while their fucking insane friend grins relentlessly at them just to get a self serving "yeah you were right its great". 

If anyone insists that you can't turn around until you get to the top of the hill, walk up the fucking hill backwards, gradually taking in the view and then walk off and go and enjoy your festival.

You'll miss stuff, you'll get lost, you'll have a disgusting meal or two, you'll underestimate how long it takes to get to the next stage, you'll walk into toilets that are covered in shit, you'll meet some great people, you'll wish you camped somewhere else, you'll regret bringing as much stuff with you, you'll have an emergency pooh at some stage, you will get rained on and have to deal with mud in some capacity but don't really plan anything apart from the bands you want to see. 

The circus field/cabaret area is one that gets unfairly (in my opinion) overlooked by my group... definitely spend some time wandering around there, you'll so many weird and wonderful things going on

Also - hip hop karaoke at the stonebridge bar is great fun, even more so if you're the brave sort that'll give it a go. Was definitely a highlight when I did it, plus you can kind of say you've played glastonbury!

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Just to buck the trend here....

Every year theres a gaggle of people saying "no don't look back yet, don't look back yet" to their mates. The worst part is their friends faces when they get to the top. A mixture of being very impressed by the view but also trying to fake that they're very very impressed while their fucking insane friend grins relentlessly at them just to get a self serving "yeah you were right its great". 

If anyone insists that you can't turn around until you get to the top of the hill, walk up the fucking hill backwards, gradually taking in the view and then walk off and go and enjoy your festival.

You'll miss stuff, you'll get lost, you'll have a disgusting meal or two, you'll underestimate how long it takes to get to the next stage, you'll walk into toilets that are covered in shit, you'll meet some great people, you'll wish you camped somewhere else, you'll regret bringing as much stuff with you, you'll have an emergency pooh at some stage, you will get rained on and have to deal with mud in some capacity but don't really plan anything apart from the bands you want to see. 

plus every other fucker on site is doing that at the same time.  it's heaving up there now.

Cheers guys this is great reading loving the replies... 

Yea we are flying from Ireland to Bristol on Tuesday and stayin in Glastonbury Town that night in a B&B so up bright and early on Wednesday to get in... 

Looking forward to roaming around the first 2 days but always nice have have a few bits that you wanna do too...