now you've got tickets it's all a go

shuttlep

So now I have tickets and it's all another stage of planning taking place, first thing book a hotel for Tuesday night in Wells, it';s a good job i looked in to it the Hotels are filling up managed to get the last two rooms in a cheapish B & B.

now start packing list and tent shopping, I know it's 8 months away but be prepared

4 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

So now I have tickets and it's all another stage of planning taking place, first thing book a hotel for Tuesday night in Wells, it';s a good job i looked in to it the Hotels are filling up managed to get the last two rooms in a cheapish B & B.

now start packing list and tent shopping, I know it's 8 months away but be prepared

Fantastic news...for some reason I've been thinking it's 9 months away!.... One month closer to Glasto! 

20 minutes ago, Charm said:

Fortunately I've managed to book a B&B in Glastonbury on the Tuesday night, love staying there the night before.
Charm x

I love staying the night before in a Hotel , a few of us meet up have some food and then a drink in the crown looking at the Hot Fuzz Memorabilia , Wells i s a lovely City

the festival starts early

We travel down from Sheffield around 9 on Tuesday night get to the car park around 1ish  few beers then a few hours shut eye before the proper fun starts , we stroll out of bed when ever we feel like it on Monday and head to a hotel in Gloucester for a nice shower a bit of sleep then a few beers and food at night ,desperately clinging on to our weekend 

1 minute ago, John the Moth said:

Skyscanner price alerts set up. Gonna get me some cheapo flights, could be the difference between water and booze for the whole fest :blink:

Flights for me next, as well. Probably won't book them until the new year unless there's a good deal.

If I wait that long, the next thing is to decide whether to book Worthy View or get a new tent and camp on site. Probably just camp, to be honest.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Flights for me next, as well. Probably won't book them until the new year unless there's a good deal.

If I wait that long, the next thing is to decide whether to book Worthy View or get a new tent and camp on site. Probably just camp, to be honest.

Cosycamper might be a good option as you can collect on site, the tents seem reasonably priced and you can drop it back to them at the end of the festival. 
Charm x

40 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Have to keep an eye out for those flight sales.

Got me and the missus one of those Quechua fresh n black's last year so all set for camping this year with no more outlay needed.

32 minutes ago, Charm said:

Cosycamper might be a good option as you can collect on site, the tents seem reasonably priced and you can drop it back to them at the end of the festival. 
Charm x

Good shout, although I'm in the market for a new tent so I might just buy one in the UK and fly back with it.

I'm not going to worry about any gear until after Christmas.  What I am going to be doing is working through as much music as possible between now and June.  Every year I seem to end up discovering bands I like about a month after the festival, and then finding out they played and I missed them!

I will also be doing my best to maintain a Deezer version of Brave Sir Robin's setlist playlist...

im just anxiously awaiting the see coach times so I can plan a bit more.......if my return is leaving at about 6am like it was the last time I did it through them (and I missed it not surprised as that is a ridiculous departure time when most have been up enjoying the last night of the fest) then ill be sodding off the return part and booking a seperate n express coach or train home for a later time.

Other then that ive pretty much got everything still good and in working order from last couple of years, might buy a new mobile power bank this year as mine seems to be fading doesnt hold half as much charge as it used to but thats about it, tent, sleeping bag all the rest still in very good nick.....just gotta hope they survive a winter in the garage/storage place/place we chuck any old junk we cant fit in the house.... with no mould or bugs eating it!

Edited by waterfalls212434