Lollapalooza Paris 2017

DDave

http://festileaks.com/2016/10/nieuw-festival-frankrijk-lollapalooza-parijs-2017/

Another new festival for Paris. Radiohead and the Chili Peppers to headline. Got to be reaching saturation point with Download, Rock en Seine and Pitchfork or is it an indication of what a bumper year next year will be for headliners?

Use translate for the link obvs.

21 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

http://festileaks.com/2016/10/nieuw-festival-frankrijk-lollapalooza-parijs-2017/

Another new festival for Paris. Radiohead and the Chili Peppers to headline. Got to be reaching saturation point with Download, Rock en Seine and Pitchfork or is it an indication of what a bumper year next year will be for headliners?

Use translate for the link obvs.

This festival will happen at Hippodrome de Longchamp, I know this area very well because I've been many times to Solidays festival, and I was also at the first edition of Download Festival in Paris this year; Be careful, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead are a strong rumour, the one who said it is Francis Zégut, but he put a "?" at the end of the sentence, so he's not certain.

Secondly, I hope this festival will have a better organisation than Download Festival... This year, we arrived 45 minutes before the opening, we took 2h30 to enter in the festival area and missed two main acts and a half. When Gojira began to play, fans who were here just for them climbed the barrier to enter in. Even if people were mainly here for Iron Maiden, there was a lot of frustration in the line ... til we entered....and discovered another long line to get a cashless wristband for food and beer !!!!! WORST ORGANISATION I'VE EVER SEEN. Surely because it was the first edition, and because Solidays happened two weeks later... But concerts remain cool. The first night was something with Iron Maiden and Ghost. Solidays is really different. People are younger, the festival area has a fantastic organisation, and it's more like a festival, not like series of concerts. But the campsite suffers from too many restrictions and control ! Volunteers decide of how to organize tents, you can't bring alcohol on the campsite.

There's only 3 weeks between solidays and lollapalooza, I wish they'll do a good job, but I don't put my hopes too high. The only piece of advice I can give is : if the festival works with Cashless, pay it on the Internet before the festival, so you don't have to loose a lot of time while concerts have begun.

(PS : if you're looking for an incredible festival in France, go to Festival Du Bout Du Monde in Crozon if you like middle-sized festival, or Hellfest at Clisson if you like bigger festivals, no festival in France comes close to these two ones)

Thanks for the advice, Tremousse.

Have a number of festivals to choose from this year. More than likely going to Pukkelpop and will choose one in June or July when the line ups become a little clearer. More than likely be BBK or NOS. 

Have reserved a room at the Campanile hotel right next to the Longchamp though. £160 for 3 nights.

Hopefully them holding Download this year and next year before Lollapalooza at the same site will help them get their act together in terms of the organisation.

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Thanks for the advice, Tremousse.

Have a number of festivals to choose from this year. More than likely going to Pukkelpop and will choose one in June or July when the line ups become a little clearer. More than likely be BBK or NOS. 

Have reserved a room at the Campanile hotel right next to the Longchamp though. £160 for 3 nights.

Hopefully them holding Download this year and next year before Lollapalooza at the same site will help them get their act together in terms of the organisation.

I'll be at Rock Werchter for sure, as well as Mad Cool OR Bilbao BBK OR NOS Alive, depending on Pearl Jam tour dates, and I'll probably try to get tickets for Glasto at the resale cause I failed twice last week. With Campanile, you escape to earwigs of the campsite there ! (there are too many earwigs, it's pretty funny when some friends enter in the tent and scream AAAAAAAAH EARWIGS INVASION) ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody, i'm Joseph from Newsody. (Newsody.com)
I'm in France right  now, i think in this Lollapalooza Paris there will be Daft punk and Red hot chili Peppers i guesss, 

There is also normal concert of many stars like Kanye W, World best dj's etc.

and in Belgium, Brussels , there is much free concert up there

6 hours ago, Pr0p4t3 said:

Hello Everybody, i'm Joseph from Newsody. (Newsody.com)
I'm in France right  now, i think in this Lollapalooza Paris there will be Daft punk and Red hot chili Peppers i guesss, 

There is also normal concert of many stars like Kanye W, World best dj's etc.

and in Belgium, Brussels , there is much free concert up there

What makes you say Daft Punk?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Announcement due at 5.30pm Paris time 

I'm interested to see who they announce, RHCP have already been confirmed as headliner but hopefully the undercard will be a little indication towards what I can expect at the Berlin version, however that's not until September. 

Hopefully it's not so tempting I end up debating it, I've already bitten off more than I can chew in June/July with Glasto, Rock Werchter, Beni and Y-Not! 

43 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Oh.

3 stages 7/8 names each I'm guessing then.

Yeah it's always the same I think, these were the last two (and only so far) Berlin versions. I think it depends who's big in that country, we noticed Catfish on at about 13:45 when we were in Berlin and that was after they'd announced an arena tour and sub headlining Kendal/Y-Not. 

There's not masses of acts but there's two days worth depending how kind the day/stage splits are, I remember for us they clashed New Order with KoL and 1975 with Radiohead:mellow:.

IMG_7641.PNG

IMG_7642.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

DJ Snake bigger than Alt-J and the Pixies?

DJ Snake is French remember? Lolla has 4 stages (North, South, Alternative & Perry's/EDM) Overall a pretty weak line-up, I expected to see The XX or Justice and Tchami. The EDM acts are very poor in comparison w the ones at Berlin (knowing Lolla Paris is in the same weekend as Tomorrowland). Undercard is nice but the big names are v weak in my opinion hm

made a clashfinder but if there are suggestions, be my guest :')

http:///s/lollafr17/