The PopUpHotel ?

oo7tk

Hey anyone ever stayed here and give any advice on if it's any good?  I know it's off site but I think it couldn't be worth it for us as we are coming over from Ireland and looking for something that will be fully furnished to save us from bringing it over... works out about £600 a man for the 5 nights... 

http://www.thepopuphotel.com/rooms-accommodation

Thanks 

I agree with Matt. Camplight for example is much cheaper and onsite. I understand (though don't know for sure) that Popup Hotel is quite a hike from the site itself. £600 each sounds like a lot of money to me, I'm sure if you are happy to spend that kind of money on accomadation you could find something better than the Pop Up hotel.

19 hours ago, oo7tk said:

Yea upon further research it looks like we will go with PodPads instead and get 2  Octopads and the extras of bed linen which works out about £300 pp based on last years prices... 

cheers 

I have a feeling they go on sale end of October although they sell out fairly quickly!

I would advise against staying at Popup hotel, I stayed there in 2015 and it was not worth the money, the site had too many guests and not enough people working, the loos and showers got quite blocked and dirty and it AAAAGES away from site. 

Good luck with WV I'd say its a much better option! 

I've stayed there before and agree there are better options for your money. Zoo Loos just next door for example had much better facilities and seemed better run all round (I stayed there the year previous).

I was at WV last year and wouldn't personally choose again. Yes it's closer but the huge queues for everything (loo in the morning, showers, the nice cafe) are too much of a negative.

1 hour ago, OBface said:

I've stayed there before and agree there are better options for your money. Zoo Loos just next door for example had much better facilities and seemed better run all round (I stayed there the year previous).

I was at WV last year and wouldn't personally choose again. Yes it's closer but the huge queues for everything (loo in the morning, showers, the nice cafe) are too much of a negative.

Where would you go then??  I had kinda decided we were going to go with the Octopad as its closer to the stages... We need something fully furnished with bed linen etc as we are flying over and can't take that stuff with us..

Open to other options... 

2 minutes ago, oo7tk said:

Where would you go then??  I had kinda decided we were going to go with the Octopad as its closer to the stages... We need something fully furnished with bed linen etc as we are flying over and can't take that stuff with us..

Open to other options... 

How much have you to spend? Options with bedding etc. are usually quite expensive (I'm not even sure that's an option with the Octopads).

40 minutes ago, oo7tk said:

The Octopad is one of the PodPads and sleeps 4 people on a tipi kind of tent with proper beds and a plug to charge stuff...  works out about £300 per person so not bad at all...  

I would pay more to be honest for good accom in a decent campsite... 

I don't think it comes with actual bedding though i.e. sheets, pillows etc.

We stayed at Zoo Loos a couple of years back and really liked it. We're just a two though so not such good value for us anymore. Is a bit further away from the stages etc. but you get much better service for your money.

http://zooloos.co.uk/events-page/glasto/

Lovefields is much better located just outside one of the gates but for the same money pretty much you just get the tent and no beds etc.

http://thelovefields.com/dev/thp.php?load=yurtco.thp&page=boutique.html

If your not that bothered about showers etc then maybe WV would work. If your looking for something a bit more luxurious then maybe one of the other options.

Personally I would rather stay on site for free rather than at WV but that's obviously a personal thing as many people are perfectly happy there.

5 minutes ago, OBface said:

I don't think it comes with actual bedding though i.e. sheets, pillows etc.

We stayed at Zoo Loos a couple of years back and really liked it. We're just a two though so not such good value for us anymore. Is a bit further away from the stages etc. but you get much better service for your money.

http://zooloos.co.uk/events-page/glasto/

Lovefields is much better located just outside one of the gates but for the same money pretty much you just get the tent and no beds etc.

http://thelovefields.com/dev/thp.php?load=yurtco.thp&page=boutique.html

If your not that bothered about showers etc then maybe WV would work. If your looking for something a bit more luxurious then maybe one of the other options.

Personally I would rather stay on site for free rather than at WV but that's obviously a personal thing as many people are perfectly happy there.

Yea we need em fully furnished to be honest as we are traveling over from Ireland... Yea the PodPads you can add the bed linen for an extra £35 each so it's not too bad.... 

it seems the best bang for buck to be honest but I hear they sell out fast...

Just now, oo7tk said:

Yea we need em fully furnished to be honest as we are traveling over from Ireland... Yea the PodPads you can add the bed linen for an extra £35 each so it's not too bad.... 

it seems the best bang for buck to be honest but I hear they sell out fast...

Well that does seem good value then and probably your best bet if your not bothered about the more 'boutique' elements that come with some of the other options (which to be fair aren't really part of the Glastonbury experience anyway). 

Location is good as well. Ignore any scaremongering about the hill of death. It's really not that bad!

19 minutes ago, OBface said:

Well that does seem good value then and probably your best bet if your not bothered about the more 'boutique' elements that come with some of the other options (which to be fair aren't really part of the Glastonbury experience anyway). 

Location is good as well. Ignore any scaremongering about the hill of death. It's really not that bad!

Only thing that scares me is the talk about the queue for showers in the morning really.... Is that what the Zoo Loos are just posh loos and showers???  

We will have a stove and kettle for a fry and coffee in he morning so I would love to be able to get a " quick " shower each morning before we go in...

16 minutes ago, oo7tk said:

Only thing that scares me is the talk about the queue for showers in the morning really.... Is that what the Zoo Loos are just posh loos and showers???  

We will have a stove and kettle for a fry and coffee in he morning so I would love to be able to get a " quick " shower each morning before we go in...

I queued for at least an hour going mid morning at WV. Too much time out of my day for me. Also 10 minutes for the loo. 

The downside of zooloos and the pop up hotel is the distance. But then even when we were at WV we'd pack a bag for the day and not come back until bed. 

Lovefields is obviously close and has better showers but no bedding unless you pay a fair whack. 

All in all not a clear winner! 

27 minutes ago, OBface said:

I queued for at least an hour going mid morning at WV. Too much time out of my day for me. Also 10 minutes for the loo. 

The downside of zooloos and the pop up hotel is the distance. But then even when we were at WV we'd pack a bag for the day and not come back until bed. 

Lovefields is obviously close and has better showers but no bedding unless you pay a fair whack. 

All in all not a clear winner! 

Fair play thanks for all the info it's great but yea a tough decision.... Personally I think I would prefer to go with the decent and no queue ( or small ) showers and toilets and a little longer walk....  ZooLoos it would be for me but here at 8 going and want to be all together... 

We will have a stove so cook our own brekkie each morning and that, only thing it's missing that the Octopad has is a plug for a kettle and handy charging or phones... ZooLoos says charge point but prob not in he tent??

Why dont you look at camplight? Youd need your own sleeping bag but if you are bringing a stove and kettle anyway then Id swap, spend then money you save on a delicious fresh  big breakfast on site (food at Glastonbury is awesome) and then you won't be 4 miles from the action either. 

Ps, you won't die if you don't shower for 5 days!

8 hours ago, oo7tk said:

Fair play thanks for all the info it's great but yea a tough decision.... Personally I think I would prefer to go with the decent and no queue ( or small ) showers and toilets and a little longer walk....  ZooLoos it would be for me but here at 8 going and want to be all together... 

We will have a stove so cook our own brekkie each morning and that, only thing it's missing that the Octopad has is a plug for a kettle and handy charging or phones... ZooLoos says charge point but prob not in he tent??

2 hours ago, bexj said:

Why dont you look at camplight? Youd need your own sleeping bag but if you are bringing a stove and kettle anyway then Id swap, spend then money you save on a delicious fresh  big breakfast on site (food at Glastonbury is awesome) and then you won't be 4 miles from the action either. 

Even though places like ZooLoos offer phone charging I would say it is much much better to buy an external battery that will last the entire festival and you can take out and about with you. As Bexj says food is so good at Glastonbury you really won't need a stove! If you can handle bringing your own sleeping bag/mat etc Camplight is a great option but best sign up to their mailing list now as think they'll fly this year.

5 hours ago, bexj said:

The stove and kettle are only tiny as there camping ones nowhere near the size of a decent sleeping bag..

To be honest a standard tent does not appeal to me at all, as soon as the sun hits it it's a sauna and the air beds a Shite...  the thoughts of a proper bed and linen are hard to pass...  Been doing festivals for over 16 years now and my days in a tent are done.... 

I know I'm Worthy View and ZooLoos they are tents too but proper tipis with loads of room and proper beds and linen...  I sound like a proper twat but my festival years are nearly over so looking a bit of comfort..

11 minutes ago, bexj said:

Ok then, I didn't know all that though when I made the suggestion.   I don't know if you get proper beds at WV, but I'm guessing you've read up on them and know the answer.

Yea in the Octopad comes with 4 proper beds alright... It's the beds and the plug that have kinda sold me on it, toilets and showers are negative alright...

IMG_3041.PNG

10 hours ago, oo7tk said:

Yea in the Octopad comes with 4 proper beds alright... It's the beds and the plug that have kinda sold me on it, toilets and showers are negative alright...

IMG_3041.PNG

Be aware that at WV the Podpads etc are the basic version and do not come with power or extras 

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

so although Podpads at other festivals might have all the trimmings Glastonbury ones don't. 

You can buy the sleeping bag package but it probably won't come with sheets etc

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Be aware that at WV the Podpads etc are the basic version and do not come with power or extras 

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

so although Podpads at other festivals might have all the trimmings Glastonbury ones don't. 

You can buy the sleeping bag package but it probably won't come with sheets etc

Yea I only realised this tonight actually, only other place I have seen at a reasonable price fully furnished is ZooLoos, any other suggestions send em on..

Thanks