Camping Opinions...

EP91

Hi!! As a newbie to Glastonbury, talking with friends who have been past few years running about best place to camp. Will be going on the Wednesday by Coach, by the sounds of things will end up at south east corner every night. Don't want the loudest, most liveliest campsite (for the little sleep I will get, I would try to sleep!) but close enough for SE corner, any suggestions? Opinions and experiences to be shared please :) 

Kind of depends what time of day you arrive as to what will be available on the south side of the festival. Pennards is the closest to the SE corner but is regarded as the rowdiest of all the campsites. Your other options would be either of the South Park fields or Oxlyers which is opposite the Other stage. I'd recommend Park Home but it's next door to Arcadia!

I would not be too fixated on camping too close to that side, in 2015 I camped in Pylon near the coach station and basically had a 30minute walk home from there each night and I quite enjoyed wandering through an empty site in the early hours.

For more details on the camping options check out the FAQ's at Glastoearth for more details.

There is nothing like your first Glastonbury, enjoy!

My friends and I have camped on both sides of the site; for the first few years in Big Ground close to the Pyramid stage, then in Pennards, and in recent years Michael's Mead/Hawkwell. Our favourite spot is Michael's Mead/Hawkwell. 

You get a little more space than the other campsites and spectacular views over the site. It is so beautiful lit up at night when you pop back for a pre-headliner drink and warm clothes! Always had friendly neighbours there too. 

Pennards is a great location but very busy and the closest toilets always had huge queues. No view from there either. 

Location wise for the SE corner it doesn't make much difference because of the one-way system. You will either have a long walk in or a long walk out. We find the walk home is nice to wind down :) 

22 hours ago, JoBeh said:

My friends and I have camped on both sides of the site; for the first few years in Big Ground close to the Pyramid stage, then in Pennards, and in recent years Michael's Mead/Hawkwell. Our favourite spot is Michael's Mead/Hawkwell. 

You get a little more space than the other campsites and spectacular views over the site. It is so beautiful lit up at night when you pop back for a pre-headliner drink and warm clothes! Always had friendly neighbours there too. 

Pennards is a great location but very busy and the closest toilets always had huge queues. No view from there either. 

Location wise for the SE corner it doesn't make much difference because of the one-way system. You will either have a long walk in or a long walk out. We find the walk home is nice to wind down :) 

Agree with this.  First year we were on big ground then moved to MM/Hawkwell and have been there every since. 

On 10/12/2016 at 4:58 PM, JoBeh said:

When does Michael's Mead / Hawkwell generally fill up? I will probably be arriving on Wednesday afternoon / early evening.