System of a Down?

theDandy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see SOAD accepting a slot that low. They would demand an Other stage headline slot but at a push sub headline that stage. I just can't see it happening since they have better options elsewhere. I'd like to see them at Glastonbury even though they are ropey as hell live.

Just now, Fladog said:

This would be incredible if they played, sugar getting blasted out on the pyramid would be awesome

I think it would be amazing if they played and although Metallica and BMTH have played in the past to anme two metal bands, wouldn't system be considered a bit too heavy. Metallica had mainstream appeal due to their extensive back catalogue and BMTH have softened up in recent years and are now the darlings of radio 1.

1 minute ago, Troop Dogg said:

This would be great. I love all music but metal is something that always seems to be missing at Glasto.

They've had Deftones, RATM, Metallica etc in the past, so why not add System to that list. Headlining the Other Stage would be perfect.

SOAD aren't metal. They're a genre entirely in their own right :)

1 hour ago, Troop Dogg said:

This would be great. I love all music but metal is something that always seems to be missing at Glasto.

They've had Deftones, RATM, Metallica etc in the past, so why not add System to that list. Headlining the Other Stage would be perfect.

When did deftones play at Glastonbury?

40 minutes ago, Troop Dogg said:

Agreed! 

Just imagining hearing them play Radio/Video at Glasto. Would be truly marvellous.

It would be truly amazing. tbh I don't think there's a single soad track I don't like.

They're the last on my list of favourite bands ever I have never seen live. Would be incredible to tick them off the list at my favourite place in the world.

SOAD at Glasto would be a dream come true for me. I'd love to see a little bit more heavy stuff in general at Glasto - obviously not to the extent that you get at Reading & Leeds, or Download. But more than just one or two acts, and even some more niche bands on the smaller stages would be amazing.

1 hour ago, Troop Dogg said:

Yeah 98 on the Other Stage. They were great, got totally caked in liquid mud, and as they were on at the same time as Robbie Williams, the crowd was small but very perfectly formed!

damn did they? How did I miss that? Ah Gomez on the New Stage.