Is it time to put up prices significantly?

Grumpy_Haggis

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Grumpy_Haggis said:

Given the annual demand for Glastonbury tickets - isn't it time to put in a big price hike and reduce number of tickets available? Say £300+, would still be amazing value in my view

Absolutely not!!! They do need to look at capacity issues though

22 minutes ago, Grumpy_Haggis said:

Given the annual demand for Glastonbury tickets - isn't it time to put in a big price hike and reduce number of tickets available? Say £300+, would still be amazing value in my view

It would price out a lot of people who can just about muster the coin for the price it is now. Plus, don't be giving them ideas! :P

Price is about right and the lottery system is fair. If you really, really want to go you can generally get a ticket.

I failed to get tickets for the first time since 2010 which was painful - but it does reinforce the overall fairness of the system.

Pricing people out has no basis in fairness or the spirit of Glasto.

Edited by scrippit

1 minute ago, brettredmayne said:

I think the deposit system is one of the main issues 

it encourages people to go who ultimately are just taking a chance on a line up.

Without that though, there'd be no re-sale and the blind hope it gives people through the winter months.

Nope, this idea seems a bit against the whole nature of the festival. The pricing is good as it is.

I think they only way they could change the ticket buying system (which tbf is pretty fair) is by rewarding people that backup their camping site at the end of the previous festival, by giving those people access to a small early bird sale 2 weeks before the main one. I'm not sure exactly how this would be done as it would be open to abuse too, but say you have packed up your camp, then when leaving a steward could tag off against your registration number for the early bird access. As I said it probably wouldn't work though.