Where else can I go

Mich1268

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went Boomtown for the first time this year. I absolutely loved it! I'm doing that every year from now on. I know people who have stopped going to Glasto and are going to this instead in the future. I can understand why! Whilst I love Glastonbury and I'm going again next year... it's not the be all and end all. 

Edited by rikkirascal

I absolutely love Secret Garden Party such a beautiful detailed festival. Lots of full on glittery fancy dress, fun random things to get involved in. Music wise defo more suited if you are into dance music although they do have some bands on. The Saturday night firework shoe is something else!!!

29 minutes ago, rikkirascal said:

I went Boomtown for the first time this year. I absolutely loved it! I'm doing that every year from now on. I know people who have stopped going to Glasto and are going to this instead in the future. I can understand why! Whilst I love Glastonbury and I'm going again next year... it's not the be all and end all. 

Sounds interesting. I am 48. Would I be the oldest there by miles? Looks young

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

Sounds interesting. I am 48. Would I be the oldest there by miles? Looks young

There is a mixture. However there is a lot of younger people there. More so than Glastonbury I thought (of the 17-21 age bracket). But plenty of older people there. And there's different districts for all types of punters. Unfortunately the promo vids they release mainly feature the younger crowd! 

I think it depends on which bit of Glastonbury you like the most. The beauty of Glasto is it's several festivals combined into one.

Do you spend most of your time at the Pyramid? Then maybe try IOW festival (though it's not on next year apparently), Benicassim if you want to go abroad

Other? You could try Leeds/Reading (though not exactly a great crowd), or one of the many great biggish rock festivals in Europe.

Park? Latitude is good, or Primavera would have a lot of similar bands plus headliners that'd appeal to those tastes.

Silver Hayes/Dance? Loads of electronic festivals out there.

Shangri La? Boomtown is meant to be really good as people have said. 

Edited by arcade fireman

NOS as already sugguested, Belgian fests are worth a look Rock Werchter, is just after Glasto, lots of similar names/big names. 3 stages. Pukkelpop in August, smaller names, bit more of a mix. Eurostar is usually just under £70, travel withing country free with ticket. Great organised festivals and usually decent weather

Bearded theory or end of the road if you're looking for something laidback?

I've heard good things about Shambala too.

Is boomtown going ahead next year? Did they have to cancel their winter fair plans after some of the issues this year? Maybe it was more just a rethink rather than anything to do with their licence etc?x

We didnt manage to get Glasto tickets last year . We were also tied to doing something the same week due to time off from work already booked. We decided to head to Holland for Down the Rabbit hole festival and loved it.

Set on shores of a lovely lake.Its obviously much smaller than Glasto but had some of the similar quirky elements .Was great adventure .Weather was great .Dutch folk are lovely to.( but all bloody tall !)  So if your stuck with same week as Glasto id recommend .

Beatherder if you like the Glade.

there is basically a festival which quite successfully recreates each of the Glastonbury areas but none can recreate the whole thing so depends if you like the whole site or a few specific areas?

I think I'm going to try End of The Road, or possibly Green Man if I don't make it in the resales. 

Struggling a bit at the moment. The pre-Monday dread is kicking in and not getting a ticket today has been a real downer.  Actually a lot more gutted than I thought I would be. Managed the last 11 festivals on the bounce. 

And I just know* Radiohead are going to be there next year too. 

*predict like everyone else. 

we loved Sziget so much last year that we didn't even try for Glastonbury tickets this year.

its in the beautiful city of Budapest. The weather is great and it's cheap. There are a fantastic range of camping options from basic through to one with a swimming pool, or it is easy to stay in the city and come in and out daily by boat or train. It does all the stuff Glastonbury does and, despite it being a bit more commercial, I found it had more of the traditional Glastonbury vibe than the current Glastonbury has. It's friendly and relaxed, people dance to anything anywhere and are totally up for it! There is also a fantastic variety of other stuff going on political, recreational, educational, theatrical...

......but the loveliest thing is that everyone you talk to is from somewhere else, it's like a world party.