• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, The Nal said:

Fair enough.

Seems to be a thing though. What was the plan or the extra ticket? What do other people do with them who double up?

I guess some people must try in coach even though that's not what they want incase they miss out on Sunday.... at least it will go to the April resale. 

I'd never sell it on, I will get it refunded. I think I just panicked and got myself one as back up and now I feel so bad. I'm never doing this again it's not worth this worry. I heard loads of people were doing it so I didn't realise it was so bad. 

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I guess they just cancel the coach one? I don't really agree with it at all but I can imagine this is why people do it

Yeah just interested really in how much it goes on, how many duplicates, how easy it is to cancel etc.

If theres lots of people doing it its somethig they need to address.

Also agree with Deano, the coach is great. I've taken to drinking whiskey on Sunday afternoons lately as a result of not having to drive on Monday. 

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Same person, used different addresses. How would they find out? 

Depends how hard they check. They only have 120,000 purchases where they have first name, last name, reg, address and postcode. They can easily query that for duplicates of first name, last name matches and then give the possible duplicates for someone to go through and check the photos. Wouldn't take more than two weeks to check possible duplicates (as there won't be thousands) and cancel both. They have 5 months until the next sale.

You've made it a bit harder for then to check with different addresses...but i presume you've used the same photo? 

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah just interested really in how much it goes on, how many duplicates, how easy it is to cancel etc.

If theres lots of people doing it its somethig they need to address.

Also agree with Deano, the coach is great. I've taken to drinking whiskey on Sunday afternoons lately as a result of not having to drive on Monday. 

I've done the coach before and loved it! The boy lives so close to the festival now so it's not really us worth doing the coach.   Don't want to take up a space that's useful for someone else :) 

6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

It's not that bad, someone in April (hopefully me) will be able to snap up that same ticket. Of course were it not for the resale it would have been a lot worse. 

The issue though is that a lot of people can't wait until April. Can't hold their own summer at ransom in the hope of a resale ticket. Do they not book another holiday now and if theyre unsuccessful in April then book a holiday at twice the price etc etc?

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Depends how hard they check. They only have 120,000 purchases where they have first name, last name, reg, address and postcode. They can easily query that for duplicates of first name, last name matches and then give the possible duplicates for someone to go through and check the photos. Wouldn't take more than two weeks to check possible duplicates (as there won't be thousands) and cancel both. They have 5 months until the next sale.

There may well be?! Hundreds even?

Edited by The Nal

Just now, The Nal said:

There may well be?! Hundreds even?

True....but how often have you met somone with the same name as you. They only have 120,000 tickets. There might be a fair few 'same names' who have purchases tickets but in a crowd of 120,000... don't reckon it'd be many. 

As an example... i look after part of the nhs email system for all nhs staff. The email address is firstname.lastname. There aren't many duplicates that mean people can't have that email format or need a 1 or 2 after the name apart from the really common names like john smith. So if Mr Benn is called Maurice Benn, is there likely to be lots of Maurice Benn? 3 maybe? 5 minutes to check the photos for those 3 people. There maybe hundreds of duplicates but not hundreds of the same name. 

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

True....but how often have you met somone with the same name as you. They only have 120,000 tickets. There might be a fair few 'same names' who have purchases tickets but in a crowd of 120,000... don't reckon it'd be many. 

As an example... i look after part of the nhs email system for all nhs staff. The email address is firstname.lastname. There aren't many duplicates that mean people can't have that email format or need a 1 or 2 after the name apart from the really common names like john smith. So if Mr Benn is called Maurice Benn, is there likely to be lots of Maurice Benn? 3 maybe? 5 minutes to check the photos for those 3 people. There maybe hundreds of duplicates but not hundreds of the same name. 

Youre right of course, never thought of that.

So basically the more it happens the more tickets are going back in the resale.

The registration issues could be better if you had to reregister every year and register a debit card for proof of address. People won't have debit cards registered at other addresses and therefore can only register once. Another debit card would still show the same address. 

I suppose you could use your mams card but then the name on the card wouldn't match the name on the registration.

Of course the duplicate regs might not actaully be that widespread?

Though i suppose that excludes people without a debit card or off-gridders

Edited by Keithy

54 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

I'm trying to cancel the other one so it goes back in the pot.

id rather not give you advise, but would you not be better keeping quiet about it an then only paying the balance on one of the tickets? That way its going to go into the pot for the resale. In the mean time you just sit on your hands and hope you dont get caught out for being a whopper

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Not cricket and all that but I doubt they'd notice. The card may be a giveaway but are they going to check every cancelled ticket to see if all the Mr Ben's (if that is your real name) have a similar photo?

Erm, can you make sure you use a sufficient number of 'n's when discussing this, Gnomy.

Just so there's no confusion, you understand...!

;)

Ben

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

The registration issues could be better if you had to reregister every year and register a debit card for proof of address. People won't have debit cards registered at other addresses and therefore can only register once. Another debit card would still show the same address. 

I suppose you could use your mams card but then the name on the card wouldn't match the name on the registration.

But those two don't have to match. If they did there would be a lot fewer people getting tickets for multiple groups of mates.

3 hours ago, mrf said:

ck that was posted here? Get the confirmation for the one you want to keep, then cancel the other one. It goes into the resale and someone else goes. Sorted.

I doubt anyone that used the host hack will return

What is the "host hack" ?????