The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year since '04 for me until now. Was desperate to see Radiohead headline the Pyramid too but it looks highly unlikely now. Rest of the line-up looks decent too so far - best in the last few years for me. We had 6 people trying for 4 tickets in total this morning. My sister made it through to the payment page for us and couldn't get through and I made it to the registration page on my phone of all things but couldn't get past it. Very disappointing but I've had a lucky run until now I suppose. 

I'll keep an eye out for the secret resales. I've got one on a couple of occasions for friends in the past, but unfortunately they're not so secret these days. I'll miss those evenings in the greenfields, toad hall etc. The countryside as you drive through Somerset, and all those other things like seeing it change as the sun goes down and you've had a few drinks. 

No idea what it will be like watching on TV - emotional I imagine. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will piss down all week :P  have a great time all! :)

Edited by General Lee

14 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Every year since '04 for me until now. Was desperate to see Radiohead headline the Pyramid too but it looks highly unlikely now. Rest of the line-up looks decent too so far - best in the last few years for me. We had 6 people trying for 4 tickets in total this morning. My sister made it through to the payment page for us and couldn't get through and I made it to the registration page on my phone of all things but couldn't get past it. Very disappointing but I've had a lucky run until now I suppose. 

I'll keep an eye out for the secret resales. I've got one on a couple of occasions for friends in the past, but unfortunately they're not so secret these days. I'll miss those evenings in the greenfields, toad hall etc. The countryside as you drive through Somerset, and all those other things like seeing it change as the sun goes down and you've had a few drinks. 

No idea what it will be like watching on TV - emotional I imagine. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will piss down all week :P  have a great time all! :)

I really do hope you manage to get one, one way or another! Please don't give up hope! 

27 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Sorry to hear this, hope you get lucky. 

What a shit show today was. Was trying for @grumpyhack among others and got caught in a weird loop of hitting proceed, then back, proceed then back the entire time.

Sorry to those who weren't successful, we've all been there.

If it's any consolation, I got my ticket in the not so secret resale last year, so there is hope! 

Well done to those who managed to nab some golden tickets, made up for @Yoghurt on a Stick @Mardy @FloorFiller and the other regulars.

15 minutes ago, Skoo said:

What a shit show today was. Was trying for @grumpyhack among others and got caught in a weird loop of hitting proceed, then back, proceed then back the entire time.

Sorry to those who weren't successful, we've all been there.

If it's any consolation, I got my ticket in the not so secret resale last year, so there is hope! 

Well done to those who managed to nab some golden tickets, made up for @Yoghurt on a Stick @Mardy @FloorFiller and the other regulars.

Did Grumpy get a ticket in the end do you know? 

I was trying for some eFesters and I was stuck in the same loop for ages! Then it finally went onto the next page and said no adult tickets! So frustrating! 

37 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

:D you'll be easy to spot then!

I will wear wellyboots.. but that won't be helpful cos a few people will have them on I expect! 

I can't actually think why *anyone* will be wearing wellyboots this year, considering what wonderful weather we'll be having. So you'll be easy to spot! ^_^

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This sounds interesting. What was the secret task??

I was too scared to come to the meet cos am shy! (This has been happening for about 4 years now but am definitely coming this time!)

But Benny had come to us camp before going... and I wanted to know what Neil looked like cos I always imagined he is the dancing man! So I set Benny the task to take a picture for me.

Neil is not pink or a cartoon or constantly dancing.. he's a real person! :lol: but I feel better now I know!

9 minutes ago, billum said:

I can't actually think why *anyone* will be wearing wellyboots this year, considering what wonderful weather we'll be having. So you'll be easy to spot! ^_^

Excellent point! Silly me what was I thinking?!!! You'll spot me a mile off then :P

26 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I wanted to know what Neil looked like cos I always imagined he is the dancing man! So I set Benny the task to take a picture for me.

Neil is not pink or a cartoon or constantly dancing.. he's a real person! :lol: but I feel better now I know!

I love that this is how you pictured him :lol: It will be funny to put faces to names, and realising that you were wrong about everyone haha!

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So, am I right in thinking, that on the secret resale, it's over so fast that there isn't any refreshing? 

That seems to be how it was last year, although that was the quickest it's ever been by all accounts, over in a couple of minutes. There was a real buzz around the secret resales last year and everyone seemed to be talking about them, so there was a massive demand - we'll see what the build-up is like this year, and if there isn't the massive publicity beforehand then they *might* be a bit more civilised...

I'd love to come to the meet but am a bit nervous that everyone knows each other really well from on here or personally.  I am very much a dipper-in around crunch time and don't feel I know everyone or their "back-stories" or in-jokes.  But nevertheless I plan to be there as I had to miss it last year as I could only get a Thursday coach ticket.

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'd love to come to the meet but am a bit nervous that everyone knows each other really well from on here or personally.  I am very much a dipper-in around crunch time and don't feel I know everyone or their "back-stories" or in-jokes.  But nevertheless I plan to be there as I had to miss it last year as I could only get a Thursday coach ticket.

Never met a single person from on here !!* and I'm gonna try and get to the meet this year ..

*or a couple !!