The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Alking said:

Ahh, but the pain is still real!! I'm not sure my body physically has the strength to go through secret resales again so i'm absolutely praying for a good result in these general resales... ideally i'd rather go general admission but feel like i'm missing an opportunity not at least trying for coach tickets. I seriously think i'd try anything!!

Does anyone have any tips to share? i hear lots of people seem to get through using their phones on 3/4G? - (She says whilst clutching straws) 

Yep using your phone on 3/4g is a goer definitely. Just gives you another opportunity and you often hear on here that phones were rather successful.

And yeah our group of needy have resorted to trying anything. We all live in London but have discussed the possiblity of getting coaches from Reading, Southampton and Bristol if needs must.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Yes it does.  I think having a test phase would indicate you've taken a pretty serious approach to this :)

To be fair I wanted the Chelsea tickets any way and it was just a coincidence they went on sale on the same day so I could trial my system. And while it's difficult to get through to them it's nothing like for Glastonbury. And they have the sensible thing where once you have ticket in your basket you have 9 minutes to complete the transaction before they're released!   9 minutes!!

2 hours ago, radioahed said:

Sorry if already been answered on here but on Sunday I am trying for tickets for a friend in Australia but he will be travelling Europe in the month leading up to Glastonbury. If I get through can I use his Registration details but pay on my card and get them sent to my address? Thank you for any help

Unless he is registered to your address no. If he is registered to an Australian address the ticket will also be paid for by credit card. 

Only thing i can think is try for coach and he will be given his ticket on board. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Unless he is registered to your address no. If he is registered to an Australian address the ticket will also be paid for by credit card. 

Only thing i can think is try for coach and he will be given his ticket on board. 

Wouldn't he be able to change the address on his registration after buying to radioahed's address?

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

Wouldn't he be able to change the address on his registration after buying to radioahed's address?

That sounds risky but it did cross my mind. Get ticket, pay with credit card then change address. Should work. 

Its just when it comes to Glastonbury tickets i veer towards the take no risk. @Keithy sorted something for a friend in California but can't remember the details. Same story as she was traveling as well. Actually she was walking to glasto with @jpeee last year. She got in so happy ending. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

That sounds risky but it did cross my mind. Get ticket, pay with credit card then change address. Should work. 

Its just when it comes to Glastonbury tickets i veer towards the take no risk. @Keithy sorted something for a friend in California but can't remember the details. Same story as she was traveling as well. Actually she was walking to glasto with @jpeee last year. She got in so happy ending. 

Worrying certainly!  How long would the post take from Australia to UK if the ticket needed to be forwarded?!

30 minutes ago, Alking said:

Ahh, but the pain is still real!! I'm not sure my body physically has the strength to go through secret resales again so i'm absolutely praying for a good result in these general resales... ideally i'd rather go general admission but feel like i'm missing an opportunity not at least trying for coach tickets. I seriously think i'd try anything!!

Does anyone have any tips to share? i hear lots of people seem to get through using their phones on 3/4G? - (She says whilst clutching straws) 

I got tickets in October on a really dodgy 3G signal, was really bricking it and had to enter my details twice as it didn't go through the first time as everything froze, but got it done eventually.

I'm not good at doing things on my phone - I think I would screw up!  And I haven't got anything set up for auto filling details etc or cutting and pasting or anything.  Maybe I'll get my son to try for me on his phone just in case and I'll concentrate on my computers.

Thank you @Beerqueen and @H.M.V for replying much appreciated.

I know this is to do with getting tickets in October but on the Glastonbury website it does say

International tickets will be sent out by registered international post unless stated otherwise. Please ensure you give your full international address when booking. If you are unable to receive your tickets by international post, please contact See Tickets immediately upon receiving your balance payment confirmation email.

Gives me slight hope i can could sort something out if I was lucky enough to get him a ticket sorted out

24 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Thank you @Beerqueen and @H.M.V for replying much appreciated.

I know this is to do with getting tickets in October but on the Glastonbury website it does say

International tickets will be sent out by registered international post unless stated otherwise. Please ensure you give your full international address when booking. If you are unable to receive your tickets by international post, please contact See Tickets immediately upon receiving your balance payment confirmation email.

Gives me slight hope i can could sort something out if I was lucky enough to get him a ticket sorted out

That sounds hopeful!  I would definitely try to buy the ticket and then sort out how he gets hold of it afterwards.  I'm sure there must be a way as there must be loads of people travelling and trying to take in Glastonbury as part of their travels so not at home to receive them.

(I should add, of course, that it's your decision and don't blame me if it goes tits up!!)

Two of us going to give it a try this Sunday. Not the same as the usual seven but if we manage to get tickets we won't care. After two years of not getting tickets in October I've been sulking and only rarely peeped in on the forum. Hears hoping!

Edited by ghandi