The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

27 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Me too, though the fact that there's no festival next year makes it maybe less likely

Very possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people going this year won't know there's a fallow year in 2018. 

They're obviously not as obsessed as us!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, rumpola said:

Very possibly but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people going this year won't know there's a fallow year in 2018. 

They're obviously not as obsessed as us!

Yep, it all hinges on how foolish those villainous ticket holders are:D

2 hours ago, rumpola said:

Almost impossible to say but i would be surprised if it is over 10K.

As I didn't manage to get one in the initial sale, I'm hoping it will be fucking loads.

I have seen people on here speculate that it might be circa 10% but nothing official

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

We were discussing that earlier today on this very thread. Dates (following last year's schedule) should be the Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th, but that will be Easter weekend so they might move them to the following week. 

Last year coach resale tickets sold out in 20mins and general resale tickets sold out in 14mins.

Yeah I got two in coach resale last year but many commented that they didn't get a sniff in general

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah you always get people saying coach is much easier. Or resale is easier. All they mean is they were one of the lucky ones. There's thousands every year who fail at both who wouldn't agree. 

Correct- I got general tickets every year since 2003, so in my head it wasn't too difficult to get tickets... until this year- weep!

22 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Correct- I got general tickets every year since 2003, so in my head it wasn't too difficult to get tickets... until this year- weep!

The first year is always the hardest! I have this strange sense of optimism this year. WE CAN DO THIS!

On 28/03/2017 at 9:52 AM, Mr.Tease said:

Glad you can now make it if you get a ticket! 

At this point, I just want to know if I'm going or not! Usually I'd be excited waiting for the line-up poster, but instead I'm having to manage my hopes, as I don't know what I'm preparing myself for.

Following last years pattern, the resale day should be Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th April, however that weekend is Easter, so I wonder if they'll move it to the following week?

I know what you mean! The poster reveal today just made me more anxious rather than excited.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:57 PM, Mr.Tease said:

We were discussing that earlier today on this very thread. Dates (following last year's schedule) should be the Thursday 13th and Sunday 16th, but that will be Easter weekend so they might move them to the following week. 

Last year coach resale tickets sold out in 20mins and general resale tickets sold out in 14mins.

Doing the london marathon on the 23rd so i'd welcome an easter weekend ticket sale. 

Hello ...

Emerging from my hole for the first time in months. Do we reckon the line-up poster is good or bad for us 'unsuccessful'?

The lunatics on here will go regardless of the line-up but it's those pesky part-timers who bugger it up for the rest of us. Will the demand go up with that poster?

Oh - and I've always been coach since 2013 without a ticketing hitch. Until ..... 

Was more than likely going to try in the resale regardless, but that poster has pushed me for definitely trying. Problem I have is payday is 13th April so crossing all my fingers the resale isn't before then!

Managed to get a resale coach ticket from Liverpool last year for my first ever Glasto so here's hoping my luck strikes twice!

54 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Personally I doubt that many people cancel tickets due to the line up its probably more to do with personal circumstances etc. 

Yeah - I was kind of figuring the cancellations are about the same each year.

Is the demand in the resale line-up dependent to a degree?

It's Radiohead for the duffers, Sheeran for da youth, Perry for the kids, Foos for, well someone, I'm sure. Is this better or worse than previously?

Edited by Fishman

Have resurfaced from my winter slumber and getting ready for a resale. Reckon the Ed Sheeran factor will prob mean a lot more of the 'great wee tune brigade' may be looking at trying for tickets so demand will be very high. Remember a couple years back a resale would have fallen on Easter Sunday but was shifted back a week so expect same may happen here. Love that line-up poster today, wish the resale was this week just to be put out of my misery

2 hours ago, srb said:

Have resurfaced from my winter slumber and getting ready for a resale. Reckon the Ed Sheeran factor will prob mean a lot more of the 'great wee tune brigade' may be looking at trying for tickets so demand will be very high. Remember a couple years back a resale would have fallen on Easter Sunday but was shifted back a week so expect same may happen here. Love that line-up poster today, wish the resale was this week just to be put out of my misery

There is always hope. I've been 4 times and every time got tickets in the resale never in general sale.

3 hours ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - I was kind of figuring the cancellations are about the same each year.

Is the demand in the resale line-up dependent to a degree?

It's Radiohead for the duffers, Sheeran for da youth, Perry for the kids, Foos for, well someone, I'm sure. Is this better or worse than previously?

It's hard to say really. At this point I think most of the people who are planning festivals this year that missed out have already went and bought tickets for other festivals. I think that most people going for resale will be glasto regulars and hence demand won't be any more or less than previous years.

I think we'll have a better idea regarding the scale of the resale once the coach one has sold out on the Thursday - last year it sold out in 20mins, so if it's a lot less than that this year, then we'll be pretty screwed on the Sunday (which like I said earlier sold out in 14mins).

Not an exact science, but it's all we'll have! 

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

How's everyone doing? Feeling a bit down that I don't have tickets yet.

Lineup poster release day was always going to be difficult. I just want ticket day over with now, so I can prepare either way. I'm going travelling for a week or two if I don't get tickets, so I have something to remedy the disappointment. It's up to the ticket gods I guess

One of our gang of four can no longer make it as her dad has just died and she's taking leave now, so won't have leave left for the summer,  But I'm not sure how to remove a name from the list.  If anyone can explain I'd be grateful and we swill now only need three not four tickets.

6 minutes ago, Person 2 said:

Does anyone know if you can change the photo id, before the resale or once the ticket has been bought. One of my mates is registered but cant afford to go and the other wants a ticket but his photo id was denied in october.

Pretty sure once it's been bought you can't change it. I changed mine last week but I'm unsure when the deadline for changing is. I'd say your friend who was denied should re register if they want tickets 

24 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

One of our gang of four can no longer make it as her dad has just died and she's taking leave now, so won't have leave left for the summer,  But I'm not sure how to remove a name from the list.  If anyone can explain I'd be grateful and we swill now only need three not four tickets.

Oh gosh that's awful :( employers can give compassionate leave so you don't have to take holiday for bereavement. I hope they are ok 

3 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Pretty sure once it's been bought you can't change it. I changed mine last week but I'm unsure when the deadline for changing is. I'd say your friend who was denied should re register if they want tickets 

Wait i thought they closed registration.