The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

As long as you give them enough notice (and they give you a grace period to drop out and get your deposit back) I really don't see what the problem is. OK someone may have to make a couple of mouse clicks but it's hardly on the level of turning up and then scampering, which really is douchebag behaviour.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

shame I've been sidelined health wise for the last while, I've now missed the Shelter and Festaff registrations as I can't be certain I'll be fit for the festival - should be - but I wouldn't feel right committing for volunteering then having to jack in because of health and not being able to go. I'd rather just go all in for tickets in April and then be able to refund if necessary with the insurance thing. Shame!

Are we thinking the resale will be in April then? I thought people were saying it was May. I'm in Japan first 2 weeks of April and don't want the hassle of trying to get tickets whilst over there

Well that was totally weird.

I put all my details in and pressed send, but I got an error message, so I back buttoned and got a page asking for a couple more details.

This time I got confirmation that I've donated £300 to Shelter, but no mention of festival volunteering.

I have a horrible feeling that I've just given £300 to Shelter, and that's that! I am going to feel like bloody Scrooge asking for that back if that's what I've done, to say nothing of being gutted that I somehow haven't registered!

has anyone else's process looked like this or is it just me?

20 minutes ago, amfy said:

Well that was totally weird.

I put all my details in and pressed send, but I got an error message, so I back buttoned and got a page asking for a couple more details.

This time I got confirmation that I've donated £300 to Shelter, but no mention of festival volunteering.

I have a horrible feeling that I've just given £300 to Shelter, and that's that! I am going to feel like bloody Scrooge asking for that back if that's what I've done, to say nothing of being gutted that I somehow haven't registered!

has anyone else's process looked like this or is it just me?

Oh jings. I hope you got a placement!

I've managed to ring up and they have confirmed that I have eiger got a place or will get my money back. 

Volume on the website means that people are just getting a standard donation message rather than a festival regarding message.

They'll be working through contacting people to let them know either way.

My donation message was timed at 10.02 so fingers crossed that I'm in!

I've managed to ring up and they have confirmed that I have eiger got a place or will get my money back. 

Volume on the website means that people are just getting a standard donation message rather than a festival regarding message.

They'll be working through contacting people to let them know either way.

My donation message was timed at 10.02 so fingers crossed that I'm in!

Hi all,

Ok, been trying to group some people up and its giving me a headache! :sorry: Coach groupings are more awkward because in some cases people are down for coach or either but I dont know where they want to get the coach from or what day and I'm guessing that both tickets booked on coach would be the same coach/location.

With regards to volunteers, do we need the volunteers post code (as someone else suggested), so we can group volunteers to those nearest to them? Or does it matter? Wouldnt they go to the first/lead person who is getting a ticket?

2 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Are we thinking the resale will be in April then? I thought people were saying it was May. I'm in Japan first 2 weeks of April and don't want the hassle of trying to get tickets whilst over there

Resale is usually around 2 weeks after the payment deadline - seeing as the refunds deadline is usually the beginning of May (I think) I think thats about right - 

17 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I remember that conversation. I wouldn't put too much weight on it mate. They got the wrong end of the stick I reckon. 

Totally different if you were gonna turn up and not do shifts but most volunteer places have a cut off date where you can cancel and get deposit back as they know there's plenty waiting. 

Too late - I didn't apply for either Shelter, Oxfam or Festaff when I probably should have applied for all 3. I just didn't want certain people looking, seeing I'd got in and warning people about me thats all. All in for April resale and any subsequent secret sales it is! Looking bleak as I already know of at least 15/20 people who are trying for G tix JUST because of the likelihood of ginger pubes (Sheeran - not being gingerist I was born ginger/auburn before anyone says) playing. I can imagine there will be many others.

10 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Resale is usually around 2 weeks after the payment deadline - seeing as the refunds deadline is usually the beginning of May (I think) I think thats about right - 

Too late - I didn't apply for either Shelter, Oxfam or Festaff when I probably should have applied for all 3. I just didn't want certain people looking, seeing I'd got in and warning people about me thats all. All in for April resale and any subsequent secret sales it is! Looking bleak as I already know of at least 15/20 people who are trying for G tix JUST because of the likelihood of ginger pubes (Sheeran - not being gingerist I was born ginger/auburn before anyone says) playing. I can imagine there will be many others.

Gutting mate. I totally get relate to the worry of committing to something on potential health grounds. Hit me up if you need a hand in the re-sale.

42 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Gutting mate. I totally get relate to the worry of committing to something on potential health grounds. Hit me up if you need a hand in the re-sale.

All good mate I'm on the list in here so I am sure I'll get a volunteer buddy. Wasn't trying to winge! Basically I spent the entirety of December not eating (thats fixed now) and the meds they put me on had some shall we say 'side effects' which led to me developing a groin hernia! I'm down for surgery but have no idea when I am likely to get it repaired. Knowing my luck it will be right at the end of the 18 weeks and that would mean no Glasto! As things stand I can't bend without it hurting and I can't stand for more than 4/5 hours at once without a rest as it falls out and hurts! Even with my truss belt on it hurts as it needs to be on tight to hold it in. Never ending. If I was to have my surgery by the 1st/2nd week of May I'd be able to fully commit for the volunteering. I know that Festaff (wristbands) will be standing the whole shifts, Shelter will be as they are the bars and Oxfam will be as they are stewards :P if I get a date before Oxfam go up I might consider applying. 

42 minutes ago, incident said:

Oxfam haven't opened yet, so you've not missed that route. The best estimate is mid to late March.

Cheers, must have missed that that hadn't gone up. I'm sure I got an email from them but maybe it was warning me that previous registrations would be allowed or something or other.

Either way thanks for the kind words guys. The person I am on about will know its them and can rest on their laurels knowing people like me haven't bothered volunteering so they need not worry their pretty little heads :P

5 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

All good mate I'm on the list in here so I am sure I'll get a volunteer buddy. Wasn't trying to winge! Basically I spent the entirety of December not eating (thats fixed now) and the meds they put me on had some shall we say 'side effects' which led to me developing a groin hernia! I'm down for surgery but have no idea when I am likely to get it repaired. Knowing my luck it will be right at the end of the 18 weeks and that would mean no Glasto! As things stand I can't bend without it hurting and I can't stand for more than 4/5 hours at once without a rest as it falls out and hurts! Even with my truss belt on it hurts as it needs to be on tight to hold it in. Never ending. If I was to have my surgery by the 1st/2nd week of May I'd be able to fully commit for the volunteering. I know that Festaff (wristbands) will be standing the whole shifts, Shelter will be as they are the bars and Oxfam will be as they are stewards :P if I get a date before Oxfam go up I might consider applying. 

Cheers, must have missed that that hadn't gone up. I'm sure I got an email from them but maybe it was warning me that previous registrations would be allowed or something or other.

Either way thanks for the kind words guys. The person I am on about will know its them and can rest on their laurels knowing people like me haven't bothered volunteering so they need not worry their pretty little heads :P

What's an online forum for if you can't have a winge?! :D 

3 hours ago, amfy said:

Oxfam are in 'pre-registration' which means that you can mostly fill your application form in and save it ready for registration day. It may be worth you doing this now, then you will be notified when it goes live.

It is thought that the proper registration day will be sometime around the middle of March.

On 19/12/2016 at 11:30 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Easter Sunday is sixteenth next year so I reckon it'll probably be twenty third or u maybe the ninth. 

The Thingy shows resale has never been on Easter Sunday....nor has it been immediately after the balance deadline...I'm betting on an announcement around 12th April and resale on Sunday 23rd April therefore.

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

The Thingy shows resale has never been on Easter Sunday....nor has it been immediately after the balance deadline...I'm betting on an announcement around 12th April and resale on Sunday 23rd April therefore.

Ooh a ticket would be a very nice birthday present!:)

On 27/02/2017 at 1:44 PM, mungo57 said:

I have an autoimmune disease which means I find standing for long periods of time hard too. Oxfam were great last year when I emailed them for advice (I was just too late on sign up day and missed out) it's definitely worth emailing them if you're interested they're very accommodating with illnesses 

27 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I have an autoimmune disease which means I find standing for long periods of time hard too. Oxfam were great last year when I emailed them for advice (I was just too late on sign up day and missed out) it's definitely worth emailing them if you're interested they're very accommodating with illnesses 

That's good to hear, thanks Lucy. Hopefully can sort something :)