The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my anxiety for the resales is at peak levels at the mo because of the news about Variety Bazaar and the likelihood of no Glasto til 2020! If I miss this one I will likely cry!

I didn't fancy the wateraid volunteering but I'm signed up to steward for a few places, will be applying to volunteer as soon as places open. If I get a place I'll let my group pay for GA tickets and volunteer and camp away from them. Will be weird but after myself and a certain member of this forum had a ruck on here about volunteering I feel its only fair not to fuck whoever I sign up with off so thats that!

I have signed myself and the Mrs up for litter picking today and paid the deposit. I couldn't risk not getting tickets in the resales this year and the window of applying to be a volunteer closing. I will still be helping others, I just didn't want to risk it. Thats what the trauma of T day has done to me.

Doug85. Have you volunteered before and is the reason that you've been able to pay a deposit so early? If not what company have you volunteered through and do you have a link etc for me to be able to apply to do the same please? Thanks in advance 

I have friends who volunteered last year and have sent emails on behalf of me last year in case i wanted to volunteer. I am doing it through SOS Africa though and that was set up via Fiona Case- her email is on the Glastonbury website. They usually ask for people who have done it before or recommendations from people who have.

On 18/01/2017 at 1:35 PM, sheffieldlady said:

Getting time off can be a problem for nurses / other public service workers @chrismcb! I hope your wife manages to sort it out. Don't put that ticket back into any pot until the May deadline, give yourselves the maximum time you can. 

I am a social worker and said I was resigning so i could go. It worked. I know it's extreme but nurses are needed badly and there are other jobs around. I hope she can sort it in time.

HI, anyone had trouble filling in the Water Aid form?  it won't let me submit, says i've gone over the word limit when i definitely haven't....   

Edit - ignore, it was 500 characters, not 500 words

Edited by Vix18

I've decided that if i'm unsuccessful in April i'm going to lock myself in my bedroom from midday on 21st June for 5 days and just mope and generally behave like a child who's just had their mobile phone confiscated by a parent!

I might come out for pizza.....but thats it!!!

21 hours ago, andyb66 said:

I've decided that if i'm unsuccessful in April i'm going to lock myself in my bedroom from midday on 21st June for 5 days and just mope and generally behave like a child who's just had their mobile phone confiscated by a parent!

I might come out for pizza.....but thats it!!!

Am with you! In a non me also being in your bedroom creepy way. 

Argh. Have made the decision not to go, having failed to get one in the most miserable way (through to payment, payment hung). Off to Rock Werchter instead.
More than happy to help others in the resale - so please add me into the helpers.

And if one of you are successful - do take my place as a Worthy Warrior.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Argh. Have made the decision not to go, having failed to get one in the most miserable way (through to payment, payment hung). Off to Rock Werchter instead.
More than happy to help others in the resale - so please add me into the helpers.

And if one of you are successful - do take my place as a Worthy Warrior.

Cheers.

Ah that's such a shame but I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there instead!