The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, wonderwoman76 said:

Me. I only returned to Glastonbury this year for the first time since having kids. I've just been accepted to do PGCE starting September, so if I dont get resale tickets, I may well have seen my last Glastonbury. Sob

I did my PGCE about 12 years ago.  Best two years of my life and a third career (of sorts) as a result.  But mine is in Adult and Community Ed, not school teaching, so everyone who employs me knows not to even think about offering me work in the last week of June.  And, luckily, as quite a lot of my employers are also Glasto-goers they understand.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I did my PGCE about 12 years ago.  Best two years of my life and a third career (of sorts) as a result.  But mine is in Adult and Community Ed, not school teaching, so everyone who employs me knows not to even think about offering me work in the last week of June.  And, luckily, as quite a lot of my employers are also Glasto-goers they understand.

That's a great system you have there! Luckily I don't work in the education system so don't have to worry

I'm going to be offline for the remainder of the year so I'd like to wish everyone a happy Xmas and a very merry new year! Massive massive thanks to whoever (my memory is appalling so I apologies in advance) set up the resale spreadsheet and a massive thanks , even if tickets don't come my way,  to those of you who have volunteered to help in the resale. You are all stars!

Just remember over the Xmas period to be safe and to drink in moderation!:D to be honest if it wasn't for predictive typing I couldn't actually spell moderation!

love to all xx

On 12/13/2016 at 1:50 PM, Bekah551 said:

Still as gutted as I was on the 9th of October! haha

But keeping everything crossed we're all successful in the resale :)

We will be successful. We will be successful. We will be successful. We will be successful.We will be successful. We will be successful.We will be successful. We will be successful.We will be successful. We will be successful.We will be successful. We will be successful. (And repeat)

22 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Is the resale dates the same each year like the main sale date? if so do we know which Sunday it will be?

I don't think they give the full SP until after the balance deadline has passed and people have/haven't paid the remainders of their tickets off. At least, thats how I remember it last year.

STAY STRONG FRED WE WILL SUCCEED

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Although, if i get Primevera sorted, then get lucky in the resale, i suppose i theoretically could do G as well, although it's proper late to sort out stuff like travel, camping gear, all the practicalities.

Are you not back in Blighty then anyway? Tent, cash, a couple of pairs of clean boxers and you're away.

Edited by The Nal

If anyone on this thread has volunteered to do litter picking through the Small Steps project before, and would be interested in doing so again next year, check your emails today. I got an email just now asking if I wanted a place, but I'm already sorted for a ticket. They're offering places to those who've volunteered (and completed all their shifts) in previous years, before opening it up to others.

Glasto is always a pain annual leave wise for me. My holiday year starts 1st April and my boss steadfastly refuses to allow me to book leave until the 1st. I emailed him at 1 minute past midnight last year to make sure I got it as first come first serve (I am a subcontracted Building Manager working for an agency - lone worker so its in my interests to get hols requests in early) and he called me the next day having a go at him for waking him up! Not my fault he didn't switch his phone off :P