The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Zed619 said:

I too can understand why people would be nervous about giving out bank details to unknown entities, but it seems like a bit of a strange way to con people out of some cash. I guess you never know though.

I'll try to build up some cred over the next few months, but I don't want to go around spamming nonsense.

Worst case scenario, maybe I can team up with some other newbies? Just keen for us all to get to the festival, really. 

it's a long-con for sure, but obviously handing out your bank details to anybody you don't know in person is risky business, so it makes sense that somebody would feel safer doing it with somebody who's been posting on this forum for years and years rather than a couple of weeks etc. it's mostly in the hands of the ticketless though - if you're a newbie and trust a relative unknown (even with a high post-count) with your details then fair enough! i know who i'll be trusting if given the offer of help but others may not have the same luxury. being on the shit end of this years situation i just wish the best for everybody trying as i know how much it sucks to not have a ticket at this point as i've unfortunately been here twice before 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Zed619 said:

I too can understand why people would be nervous about giving out bank details to unknown entities, but it seems like a bit of a strange way to con people out of some cash. I guess you never know though.

I'll try to build up some cred over the next few months, but I don't want to go around spamming nonsense.

Worst case scenario, maybe I can team up with some other newbies? Just keen for us all to get to the festival, really. 

No need for nonsense. Think about it, theres 6 months till resale. You're on a cracking forum with mostly cool people and there's plenty of speculation about whats to come. Its easy to get involved and have the craic. Think of it more as an opportunity to get to know some awesome people. And I say that as someone in the know looking at the boyfriend who I met through this here forum and Glastonbury. :D 

You can get a feel for people online like you can in real life. All helps with the trust thing. Hope that explains what I was trying to say better. 

31 minutes ago, Zed619 said:

If by spamming nonesense you mean talking openly when you are feeling sane, and speaking in tongues when you are not and / or pissed, then this is the place to increase your ability to self-express ( I don't mean that in any kind of lactational way - honestly)! - as well as your chances of getting a festival ticket. These lot even found a back door entrance (Get your Finbarr's, get your Finbarrs - not many to a pound though, what with Brexit and everything) a few years ago, where, I gather, a high proportion of people used and got their tickets no problem. Plus there will be talk of the 'Secret Sales'. Hang on in there.

6 hours ago, Dave_c said:

There is always going to be risk involved with this. I would rather pay off my own card for people I am helping and vice versa and if the funds don't get out in my bank I would imagine if you called see on the same day they would refund the ticket minus an admin fee and put it in the secret resale allocation. Not a huge risk doing it this way.

Yep, if you have the funds that's how to do it.

Nobody offered me help yet.  I'm sort of trustworthy 

I've been coming on here for maybe 10 years. Mostly just reading stuff really, and as much as I want a ticket I'd be careful giving my bank details out to people I didn't really know. Not that I doubt anyone, but as much as this is (generally) a great community forum it would be awful to see someone ripped off. 

Having said that if one of the regulars on here had access to a booking page, I would personally trust them to give them my details if they were prepared to help. Having been here a while I hope people would recognise who they are. :)

56 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Yep, if you have the funds that's how to do it.

Nobody offered me help yet.  I'm sort of trustworthy 

21 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Having said that if one of the regulars on here had access to a booking page, I would personally trust them to give them my details if they were prepared to help. Having been here a while I hope people would recognise who they are. :)

I would love to assist both of you but am already committed to trying for another efester, and depending on success one more too after that.

Wishing you all the best in getting tickets - which, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on. :)

Hi guys just checking in, I haven't been able to read any posts on the forum since we lucked out, but I'm feeling a bit more positive now so will start to join in. :-) We've been in this position three times before (or maybe it was four...?) so I'm fairly confident. I'm happy to try for other guys too when the time comes, although I'm aware that being in multiple groups can cause problems. Plenty of time to work it out!

14 minutes ago, sazindie said:

Hi guys just checking in, I haven't been able to read any posts on the forum since we lucked out, but I'm feeling a bit more positive now so will start to join in. :-) We've been in this position three times before (or maybe it was four...?) so I'm fairly confident. I'm happy to try for other guys too when the time comes, although I'm aware that being in multiple groups can cause problems. Plenty of time to work it out!

Yep, there are two main risks: getting your money stolen, and two the horror of getting through to the reg details page only to find one of the people you are trying to help has actually had someone outside of eFestivals get their ticket thus blocking you from getting the rest of the groups! 

On 10/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, GT3 said:

I'm just a lurker to this forum but as with everyone else properly gutted I didn't get tickets. 6 of my lot got coach tickets on the Thursday and even though I had 8 people trying to get me a ticket all at different locations on both Thursday and Sunday I didn't succeed! 

I've added my details to the spreadsheet but I too am wondering how this will work with trusting other people with a big chunk of money in one go. Pre paid card sounds a good shout and if I am somehow lucky enough to get through, I would try for 3 others from here as I am the only one from my group without a ticket!

I got coach tickets for a group on Thursday but still have 3 friends that didn't manage to get through to general sale. There will be a group of us trying for them! Happy to team up for the resale :)

Agree with the pre-paid card idea!

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

the horror of getting through to the reg details page only to find one of the people you are trying to help has actually had someone outside of eFestivals get their ticket thus blocking you from getting the rest of the groups! 

Any offenders of this behaviour shall be executed on arrival at the site.

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Mr.Tease said:

Not really comfortable with the talk of excluding people based on post count (or anything really) - don't want this thread to go the way of the infamous camp T**** with its cliques etc.

New people will probably actually enjoy the  festival more than I would because it will be all new to them! 

Absolute for people that claim to be all encompassing glasto vibe that's hypocritical right there

Edited by Aragorn

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I'm pleased to hear this is the procedure, if I give you his picture can you do it to the one "mate" who did this to our group on Sunday costing the other 5 of us a ticket.

No way! I would be so pissed off if that happened to me!  Would not be a mate of mine anymore, I bet you are livid!

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd say that it was wisely prudent rather than hypocritical. Admittedly it was a few years ago, but people off this forum did get stung by an efester in a ticket scam.

I vaguely remember that- what happened exactly?

33 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd say that it was wisely prudent rather than hypocritical. Admittedly it was a few years ago, but people off this forum did get stung by an efester in a ticket scam.

It's awful when you hear stuff like this but unfortunately there are nasty people in the world! 

I got through on the resale a couple of years ago and asked if anyone needed help. I had loads of people message me their card details and lists of people - people I'd never interacted with before!  Of course I couldn't help everyone, but people get caught up in the frenzy of tickets. Just be safe!

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I vaguely remember that- what happened exactly?

There was one bloke a couple of years ago who was selling fake VIP passes, don't know if that was the same incident Yog is referring to though.

Edited by Tuna

I too have been thinking today about one week ago.  Logically I know it was only a week ago.  But somehow it's been a long week and seems like such a long time ago, much longer than one week.  And April seems like such a long time away in the future.  I feel really tired today.  Just feeling a bit meh I think ...

gave my Glastonbury caravan away today. Gave it to my godson who is a single dad and really excited to be able to take his 6yr old daughter away. The only proviso was that should we be lucky enough to get tickets and a CV ticket in the resale we can borrow it. Fingers crossed the good vibes will help :-)

53 minutes ago, trevethin said:

I too have been thinking today about one week ago.  Logically I know it was only a week ago.  But somehow it's been a long week and seems like such a long time ago, much longer than one week.  And April seems like such a long time away in the future.  I feel really tired today.  Just feeling a bit meh I think ...

I know the feeling. Keep your chin up :)