The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Complete and epic fail on Sunday.

Not from lack of trying or preparation. As Fallow year in 2018 and I'll be knocking on the door of 60 soon I really wanted to try and squeeze another couple in while I've still got a job and can afford to go....

Will try again in April but may have to settle for IOW instead.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, cats and dog are fab said:

Luckily got tickets for 4 of us on Thursday, no luck whatsoever for our other group on Sunday. Not a single one of us even saw the holding page! 

Nevertheless, we're all hopeful for the re-sale! I couldn't imagine a Glastonbury without the rest of our group...

How many tickets can you buy in one go for the resale? Read somewhere earlier that it's 4... if this is the case we'll have space for another Glasto-hopeful if they'd like to team up :)

April, I'm ready for you!

It has been 4 tickets in the resale in recent years, so presumably this is what we can expect come April.

I've been successful in the resale twice, thanks to a couple of wonderful souls on here, and also manage to return the favour in the coach resale back in April for another efester. I also got a ticket for a friend in the secret resale this year. It's not over yet; not even close.

I'm happy to help in April - the google docs idea is a great one, as was last year's method of grouping those who needed tickets with others able to try for them. I love the buzz of paying for Glasto tickets, regardless of whether they're for me or someone I've never met!

Seeing that there are so many of us who were unsuccessful is very depressing. I can never begrudge anyone the happiness of getting a ticket though. My loss is another persons gain however its tough to think that myself and my other half may not be going next year. Yesterday was a tough one to take with the apparent server meltdown and the refresh apps making it tougher. Onwards and upwards though. April can't come soon enough to try again.

No luck again for the second year running, after 6 years straight :( , extremely  jarring as it's the fallow in 2018., and Radiohead look like headlining the Pyramid, something I've been waiting for since I started in 2009. We will try again in April but it really pisses me off that my nephew got through twice for our group as far and entering in payment details only for both times to be kicked off ! I've lost my faith quite a bit, the festival is really only after the money after all, we know that, but surely there's another way. maybe they can't be arsed to look for one.

9 minutes ago, ghandi said:

No luck again for the second year running, after 6 years straight :( , extremely  jarring as it's the fallow in 2018., and Radiohead look like headlining the Pyramid, something I've been waiting for since I started in 2009. We will try again in April but it really pisses me off that my nephew got through twice for our group as far and entering in payment details only for both times to be kicked off ! I've lost my faith quite a bit, the festival is really only after the money after all, we know that, but surely there's another way. maybe they can't be arsed to look for one.

Chin up ghandi - keep the faith, it'll all come good. Let me know your details and I will help in April. Would be great to see you again.

Thankfully sorted myself. It was a weird one - my daughter got in 4 time and I managed to get in after about 40 mins. Its all luck. 

25 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I have a vision now of one of them comedy whatsapp groups with the header 'desperate people' filled with us lot trying for tickets next April :P

Is anyone added to the Radiohead Whatsapp group which (I think) derived from this forum? There was some chat about T-day yesterday and it seemed not many were lucky. One person said he managed to get tickets for 18 friends. Someone else commented that there's no way someone in a Radiohead Whatsapp group has 18 friends. Cracked me up.

(I love Radiohead)

2 hours ago, mazola said:

Absolutely sick to my stomach, first unsuccessful ticket day since 2008.

I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment, 6 months is an eternity to wait for the resales.

I remember that feeling all too well; we didn't get tickets in 2014 and the sinking feeling in my stomach as I saw that they had sold out was horrible. The worst part was not being able to look forward to it, but I held out hope for the resale, which helped to get me through. When it came around it was actually fairly uneventful and we got tickets fairly quickly. Keep the faith.

3 hours ago, mazola said:

I feel like I'm in limbo at the moment, 6 months is an eternity to wait for the resales.

I think the hard part is staying emotionally invested in getting a ticket for another 6 months only to possibly fail again- like setting yourself up for another fall! I think I'll try to assume I won't be going unless some miracle happens in the resale. Not knowing what you're preparing yourself for, for 6 months is brutal! 

After having a couple of years off Glastonbury due to having my little one, then wanted tickets this year (and planned on taking my 69 year old mother too), I was unsuccessful - felt quite depressed as I was really looking forward to it, was in a different ticket group to my mates, they got them and I didn't, ah well - the wait until resale is a long one but must keep chin up...

Long time lurker.  Joined up to join in the self-pity

Been for the last 4 years but missed out in yesterday's (and Thursday's) madness.

Three of us trying from two ends and a middle of the country.  Both thursday and yesterday I got through only to get sold out, after details entered.

Gutted..

Will try April, and volunteering....  

It's my favourite place in the world..

4 hours ago, mazola said:

Feel your pain would have been my tenth year in a row last year no joy

did a fear of flying course this weekend got valiumed up for the flight Sunday at 08:30am got into the plane then bailed

so so gutted but going back on M4 to Wales I tried to get 2 tics on my iPhone via 3G signal dodge as going into Wales but somehow managed to get 2 to somewhat ease the utter disappointment of not getting in that plane and flying

deffo happy to help in April 

7 hours ago, mungo57 said:

She loves G as much as me but would rather have it handed to her on a plate rather than have to do any work to get herself there if you get me.

At least you have this.  Mine "only needs to go every 4-5 years" he loves festivals "that are smaller and closer to home" and "don't involve a massive trek though the mud from the car park"

This year we've reached a compromise, he is staying at home.  I'm sad he is not coming but I'd rather go without him than not at all.  Also hopefully someone else will have a fab time with the ticket we could have got for him.

I feel far more comfortableamd happy in this thread than I do reading about people in the other threads who got in 87 times and bought 500 tickets :)

I couldn't sleep last night and feel utterly depressed and hopeless today. I missed out on tickets because an 11th hour submission to our group of 6 had a ticket bought for him about 1 millisecond before I submitted my payment. He couldn't even work out who bought it for him until 9pm yesterday and had to email see to find out. I keep running it over, 1 minute earlier and I would've paid first, 1 minute later and I would've been told on the first screen he already had a ticket and I could've just removed him then. What rubs salt in the wound is that the person he replaced changed their mind on Friday and asked for us to try for them. I contemplated switching them round and putting them as the 6th person but thought I couldn't do that to the new person. Little did I know if I had he would have got a ticket anyway and so would all of my group. I think this is going to take while for me to get over judging by how shit I feel today. 

Gutted.

tried for tickets for years thought it was an impossible dream then had 2 successful years 15 & 16. Gutted not to get tickets this year, I got through to registration n my daughter got as far as entering card details but no luck. Will try in resale but not too hopeful. Managed to get a caravan ticket in a secret sale last year after following a ShangriLa fb link.

2019 will be my 50th so failure won't be an option!!

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I feel far more comfortableamd happy in this thread than I do reading about people in the other threads who got in 87 times and bought 500 tickets :)

I couldn't sleep last night and feel utterly depressed and hopeless today. I missed out on tickets because an 11th hour submission to our group of 6 had a ticket bought for him about 1 millisecond before I submitted my payment. He couldn't even work out who bought it for him until 9pm yesterday and had to email see to find out. I keep running it over, 1 minute earlier and I would've paid first, 1 minute later and I would've been told on the first screen he already had a ticket and I could've just removed him then. What rubs salt in the wound is that the person he replaced changed their mind on Friday and asked for us to try for them. I contemplated switching them round and putting them as the 6th person but thought I couldn't do that to the new person. Little did I know if I had he would have got a ticket anyway and so would all of my group. I think this is going to take while for me to get over judging by how shit I feel today. 

Gutted.

That's so awful of them to be in more than one group. Gutted for you! 

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

That's so awful of them to be in more than one group. Gutted for you! 

Yes, the thing is he swore blind all day that he couldn't possibly have a ticket as nobody else was trying for him, I was even emailing Glastonbury suggesting it was a mistake and something went wrong with my booking but they confirmed he definitely had a ticket, he just kept saying it's not possible. It turns out out a group he has gone with before, but not every year as he isn't in their initial 6 got in again, had his details and got him one. It's nobodies fault but it's soul destroying that in trying to help him out, we all lost out on a ticket and he got one. Not to mention that over the course of a possible 50 minutes it happened at pretty much the same time. It's almost such bad luck that I'm trying to look at is fate and that for some reason it wasn't meant to be.