The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

MY Experience

So this would be my 8th Glastonbury in a row. I tried like everyone else to get tickets but only got to the holding page. I find phones and tablets always seem to work better as my laptop got nowhere!

Luckily someone from my group got me a ticket but I know lots who missed out, seems to get tougher each year.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!

I have got through in resales several times including last year so I know how you feel! I even joined the Wattsap group from here to alert us when secret resales were on (trying to get someone from group a ticket who was unsuccessful in resales) which was a complete waste of time and a pile of crap, don't do it!

The Bad News

I predict less resale tickets unless the line up is complete shite like last year (worse every year!), as there is no Glasto 2018 more people will want to go.

The Good News

You're still alive!

I'll be trying for tickets in the resale too, so good luck to all.

Edited by Indian.Summer
Number of times I've been

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Its an absolute sickner seeing people who adore the festival missing out. To top it off most of my mates would not have given a toss if they had missed out on tickets. They just expected I would get them a ticket and took it for granted. After having suffered years of not getting tickets, I had been overjoyed at getting them in 2015 and 2016. Today seems very bitter sweet in comparison.

If I am on shift in April then I can help out. 

It will be interesting to find out if they all are willing to settle the balance next year ? 

I managed to get in and get tickets today. Heart goes out to those of you that didn't. Sadly I recognise a few names from the bunfight that was last years, last ditch, secret resale fiasco :(

More than happy to assist anyone still needing tickets at resale time...

Keep the faith.

8 hours ago, oysterboy said:

gutted :(

got through to the enter registration details page, didn't get any further. only one in my group of 6 to get that far :(

have gotten tickets during the resale before though, so staying hopeful. Also, how do the secret resales work?

I tried in secret resales last year and I think they were literally live for 3 mins. I joined a Whatsapp group on here which was a waste of time. Gettin idiots mashing all the time and getting your hopes up.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Its an absolute sickner seeing people who adore the festival missing out. To top it off most of my mates would not have given a toss if they had missed out on tickets. They just expected I would get them a ticket and took it for granted. After having suffered years of not getting tickets, I had been overjoyed at getting them in 2015 and 2016. Today seems very bitter sweet in comparison.

If I am on shift in April then I can help out. 

This is the thing for me. Loads of people who just rely on others for tickets but can't be arsed to try themselves. Facebook too, join a big group and meet up for a joyous celebration of selfies.

Eastynh, if you have any baldy blokes you now resent I am happy to take my chances with their ticket.

Cheers X 

9 hours ago, funkyuk said:

Huge hugs to those who weren't successful this morning.  Its Just bad luck.  not some server shit, or See being crap.   There are a fuckton of people out there, and not enough tickets to go round.  I was in this position last year, and also missed on the resale, then was on here glued to the secret resale thread for what seemed like weeks:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/192126-secret-resales/?page=1
i was online when the secret resale went live, but still never got in, it was up for about a minute.  But people here did.  check the thread.  never give up.

Then we were all holding out for competitions.... feel the desperation here:  http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/212227-ticket-competitions/?page=1

Again, people here got tickets. 

sign up to steward with oxfam?  its decent gig for a damn good cause, and you'll miss very little of the festival.  Or festaff I've heard are pretty good to work for

Keep the faith, never say never.

Boom Shanka

Neil

Nice one Neil, don't give up people, I was in the same place last year,

As far as I'm aware, the secret resales haven't been much of l a thing since 2014. Basically, after the main resale, the chances are very low. Not sure why, but the days of lots of little resales with good chances for the highly dedicated seems to have disappeared.

Don't get me wrong, they do happen, but on a much smaller scale than before.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

As far as I'm aware, the secret resales haven't been much of l a thing since 2014. Basically, after the main resale, the chances are very low. Not sure why, but the days of lots of little resales with good chances for the highly dedicated seems to have disappeared.

I found that to be true too. One year I had tickets but just happened to go on the buy tickets link and I'm sure it was live for about an hour, I might be full of shit but that's what it felt like at the time because I went back to see if it was still live a second time. Last year they were live for like 3 mins.

36 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

This is the thing for me. Loads of people who just rely on others for tickets but can't be arsed to try themselves. Facebook too, join a big group and meet up for a joyous celebration of selfies.

Eastynh, if you have any baldy blokes you now resent I am happy to take my chances with their ticket.

Cheers X 

I am the only bald one mate and will definitely be going. They will all pay up mate and will probably enjoy it. It is the fact they assumed I would get them a ticket. I did a 12 hour night shift last night. I finished at 7 this morning and then sat in work till 9 o clock while I attempted to get tickets. They were all in bed. To see people who really, really wanted to go, miss out, was really difficult this morning. I know there are a load of far worse things going on in the world, but it is the highlight of a lot of peoples lives and I did not feel like a winner this morning.

It did cheer me up though when I rang to tell my mate Wayne we were going again. He was whooping down the phone like a little girl   :-D

Should be a a targetted resale offer to people who have over a 1000 hits on a Glastonbury festival forum. 

Shouldn't be that hard - my phone sends me stories about Glastonbury town parking issues and lost cats based on my most frequently  searched terms (and I read them)

Edited by BlackZeppelin

7 hours ago, danielharris627 said:

All of my friends got tickets except for me and 2 others. I got all the way, but my card for some reason got rejected :( I'm trying from the USA with a UK card and I think that had something to do with it as it never gets rejected. So heartbreaking. Definitely gonna be trying volunteering and the resale, it just wouldve been perfect to be guaranteed to be going this far in advance sine I'm coming from far away. 

Knoxville here, I know your pain! We also wanted to do the pre-erected camping, but now it seems like a bit of a gamble to get that without any tickets.

We're gutted, got right through to entering card details and then it timed out (and sold out).

Been to Glasto loads in the past and never failed to get tickets. This time we were coming back from Melbourne for the fest. 

I guess there's still the resale, but I'm not sure I can handle the wait !

Missed out for the first time in 10 years. Feel lucky to have gone the last 9 but because of that it is such a big part of my life and it is the highlight of my year. My wife and I are talking about kids so maybe now would be the perfect opportunity to have them then when the next festival comes around the baby will be old enough to come. Can't believe I might miss Radiohead on the pyramid stage though.

cheers Russy, thanks again to all for offering to help.

After some soul searching yesterday and a long chat with the other half (some of you will remember my Jeremy Kyle-esque story :p) I have decided to basically beg, steal, borrow or suck dick to get in next year. I have signed up for volunteering info with Shelter, Oxfam and Festaff and will try and get a place with others as well. We also have the resales.

At the mo my other half and her dad don't want to go without the campervan, but we can still buy tickets for them and see where that takes us in April for the resales. If I get a volunteering ticket I will be on my Jack Jones but I don't care. If Radiohead and the Roses are playing I will swim through vomit to get to the farm!

3 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Missed out for the first time in 10 years. Feel lucky to have gone the last 9 but because of that it is such a big part of my life and it is the highlight of my year. My wife and I are talking about kids so maybe now would be the perfect opportunity to have them then when the next festival comes around the baby will be old enough to come. Can't believe I might miss Radiohead on the pyramid stage though.

I am impressed! It shows true Glastonbury dedication and a little one would keep you busy in the next few years.  Best of luck if that's what you decide to do.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Last year they seemed to go in a blink of an eye, but 2105 they were several hundred available for 10 minutes or so. I remember looking at the amount of posts on here last year compared to when i  needed one in 2015 and it was definitely a lot less 'secret' than in previous years